Ratings for Dr. Binny Kuriakose

Dr. Kuriakose spent a good deal of time listening to my problem, and also took the time to explain what was wrong with my heart. I felt very conforatble and reasssured. I would recommend him to everybody.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2018

This doctor was really good to my dad. Everyone else told him that there was nothing wrong with his heart, but this doctor tested him thoroughly and figured out that he had 4 arteries blocked and had surgery a week later! He was very nice and professional and even booked another appointment so that all of our family could discuss it. He saved my dads life.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2018

This guy has absolutely no bedside manner. He would ask me questions about my symptoms and then cut me off within seconds of answering. He gave me no reasons for the symptoms I have, and told me not to bother coming back to see him. Rude and extremely unprofessional.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2018

I came to my appointment with Dr. Kuriakose on Friday,13 of April at 502-1355 Bank Sreet in Ottawa. (Ottawa-Cardiovascular Centre) I can describe his mood on this day as grumpy and not a shadow of a smile. He spoke and acted with a sense of irritation perhaps this was just a manifestation of his emotions. In all his actions I noticed unfriendly, arrogant and heartless attitude towards the patient. This was unfortunately not the first time. Mr. K with some kind of incomprehensible disgust and rather rude removed a T-shirt from my body in order to listen to my heart with a stethoscope. As I tried to tell him about my problem with the swelling of my left foot but he does not want to listen and snapped my speech. I was waiting for this appointment a rather long time and wanted to know his opinion as a cardiologist. But as I could see he just wanted to ignor my problem. At the end of my appointment I was forsed to ask him a direct question: Can a heart disease affect the swelling of my legs? It was the suggestion of my family doctor who referred me to him and sent me to the Heart Institute in Ottawa as well. After this began what I consider unacceptable in the relationship of the doctor and the patient. Mr. K pushed me in the stomach first and than began to palp my belly. He pinched my belly one more time while he run all five fingers into it. Doing this he informed me that I have overweight and it is likely that this weight is the cause of my symptoms. I was shocked and puzzled, it was a surprise for me and I did not know how to react. It happened very quickly. More over he told me that he is a heart doctor (!) and not a legs doctor and sent me back to my family doctor, who in turn referred me to him. He spoke and acted with a sense of irritation, when he spoke, there was aggression and hostility in his words, I guess he spoke with intention to hurt or insult the patient and in a grumpy tone he threw a short phrase : the swelling of your legs is not due to the condition of your heart.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2018

Dr. Kuriakose is unprofessional. I will never use the services of this rude doctor again. he was grumpy, rude and very unfriendly with me as a patient. In all his actions I noticed unfriendly, arrogant and heartless attitude towards the patient. As I tried to tell him about my problem with the swelling of my left foot but he does not want to listen and snapped my speech. I was waiting for this appointment a rather long time and wanted to know his opinion as a cardiologist. But as I could see he just wanted to ignore my problem. I am sorry to say, but Mr. K pushed me in the stomach first and than began to palp my belly. He pinched my belly one more time while he run all five fingers into it. Doing this he informed me that I have overweight and it is likely that this weight is the cause of my symptoms. I was shocked and puzzled, it was a surprise for me and I did not know how to react. It happened very quickly. I consider this behaviour unacceptable in the relationship of the doctor and the patient. Dr. Kuriakose is unprofessional because he told me that swelling of my feet is not coused by heart disease. Two other doctors suggested the opposite.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2018

Saw Dr. Kuriakose yesterday, had a 3:45 appointment but I showed up early andwas out of there by 3:45. His assistant was most pleasant and professional. He listened to all my concerns and family history and took note on everything. Ordered bunch of test I was hoping for. He is covering all the bases and when it was done he asked me if I had additional questions. Two minutes after leaving his office I realized I had forgotten something and went back. he was still in his office and answered my questions no problem. I must say you need to be awake cause he knows his stuff and covers a lot in very little time. thanks Doc you were great

flag | Submitted May 18, 2018

Found him to be abrupt and dismissive. Orders additional tests for no reason ("because it has been three months since your last visit"). Requires annual testing even though there isn't an issue. If I refused the annual testing because it didn't seem necessary, I would "have to start all over again" which I guess means going back to GP for a future referral. A few extra minutes spent explaining and answering questions in a patient and considerate way would be helpful.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2018

He is an excellent medical professional who takes the time to discuss your concerns, address any issues and provides outstanding care.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2018

He's uprofessional. He makes you wait and undress and then he doesn't examine you, makes you wait more and take exactly 30 sec to tell you to ask your questions to a GP. He's horrible

flag | Submitted February 1, 2018

I am happy that others have found him to be professional. Unfortunately that was not my experience. Personally I found him to be rude, arrogant, and very disorganized. In addition to that I found his attentiveness was less than desirable, blaming me for his own delay to apply himself to a very important decision that involved another surgery. I would have liked at the very least for him to have taken ownership of his mistakes, but he didn't. I have to say that as a result I have little respect for him and even less confidence. Unfortunate, but that was my experience.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2016