Ratings for Dr. Saira Malik

Great doctor, she has always been my go to doctor always helps me and kids with whatever problem I have.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2017

When i first seen Dr Malik as a patient I thought she was rude and oppionionated . After a few more visits I realized I was wrong. She is very knowledgeable and to the point .I trust her judgement as a physician'

flag | Submitted May 8, 2017

Dr. Malik is a doctor with a human personality. Anybody who has met her either really likes her or really does not. Needless to say, it is the new liberal millennial generation that can't accept any criticism or unflattering behaviour. Anyone who gets to know her - i.e. is not shallow - will get to love her.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2017

I went to Dr. Malik after my family Doctor retired. I had my doubts as to how it would go, after reading all of the negative reviews. I initally found Dr. Malik a bit abrupt, and you must have atleast 3 appointments with her, bringing up no concerns, before she will agree to take you as a patient. She explained the reasoning was so you could get to know each other, and so you weren't just looking for insurance papers signed. I do not 100% disagree with this setup, but it may be tricky if you do not have a flexible job. After Dr. Malik officially became my doctor, I have found her to be excellent. Do not go to her if you do not have a good sense of humour, or if you are easily offended. She may not have the best bedside manner, but has been the most attentive and thorough Doctor I have ever dealt with.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2016

She is very nice and caring. A lot of times I have gone to her with silly problems and she did not judge me. She is very honest and to the poing. Shes very knowledgable. I trust her 100% with my healthcare and will continue to go go her as long as I am able to.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2016

She's a very smart Doctor, she gets right to the point sometimes and she can be opinionated but she listens and tries to understand my point of view. She's a great doctor, I'll continue to go back to her! She's got a good sense of humour and tries to make a personal connection with her clients.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2016

Dr. Malik has been my GP since I was a baby, she delivered my little brother and sister. She only uses medication and other measures when needed, otherwise she is quick to tell people off (especially nurses) about their incompetence. As long as I am in Halifax, I hope she delivers my children as well, some day.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2015

Lost my physician after 36 years due to retirement. Went for a meet and greet with Dr Malik. Was impressed with her direct and honest approach. Returned to see her with blood test results and she was right on with my required needs. We clicked right off and I was thrilled. Happy to get on her list. Liked her approach and candid style. Gary Carson: clinical psychologist

flag | Submitted April 29, 2015

I went to this doctor because I needed a family doctor and she was on a list of available doctors. I know now why she was available. I went for a couple of visits and found her extremely rude and insulting. She has a poor communication style. She speaks abruptly and blunt. She yelled at her receptionist which I've never seen before at a doctors office . She also seems to be not as informed as other doctors I've been to in the past. As I was explaining something to her while she was writing, she told me to "shut up". I assume so she could think about what she was writing. Needless to say, I didn't go back. Sadly, I'd rather have no family doctor than this one.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2015

My child was referred to as b@stard, yells and verbally abuses her staff in front of patients, complains, rude, we we supposed to have our son circumcised at birth but she didn't do it knowing it's part of our faith, she then at a later checkup appointment asked us why we didn't do the procedure yet, now it's going to be harder on him as he's older. Never remembered information told to her, never seemed to be overly concerned with our concerns. It was very stressful there and thankfully we haven't gone in years thankfully but wanted to write based off of this article. http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/dr-saira-malik-reprimanded-for-disrespectful-style-toward-patients-1.2981226

flag | Submitted April 10, 2015