Ratings for Dr. Saira Malik

When I moved to Dartmouth 3 years ago, no other doctors were accepting patients except Dr Malik. So I was very happy to find a family doctor for me and my young daughter. I think we saw her 3 times, and I only go to walk in clinics now, I would rather go without a family doctor than to be seen by her. She yells at her receptionist, she is always late and she leaves the door open when seeing you. She was very rude to my 5 year old daughter, who was so scared of her she hid under the table when Dr tried to give her an immunizations. Which, after I found out that Dr Malik was reprimanded because she was not mixing immunizations correctly. Don't go to this doctor. You will regret it. She should not be practicing medicine.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2017

Dr. Malik should not be practicing medicine. She has had many formal complaints filed against her and has been reprimanded by the NS College of Physicians and Surgeons for her horrible practices. Rude, disorganized, unprofessional and incompetant. Stay away from this dangerously unqualified doctor. Summary of Decision - The College of Physicians and Surgeons of Nova Scotia PDFcpsns.ns.ca › uploads › 2017/10 › Dr.-Sa...

flag | Submitted November 22, 2017

Great doctor, she has always been my go to doctor always helps me and kids with whatever problem I have.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2017

When i first seen Dr Malik as a patient I thought she was rude and oppionionated . After a few more visits I realized I was wrong. She is very knowledgeable and to the point .I trust her judgement as a physician'

flag | Submitted May 8, 2017

Dr. Malik is a doctor with a human personality. Anybody who has met her either really likes her or really does not. Needless to say, it is the new liberal millennial generation that can't accept any criticism or unflattering behaviour. Anyone who gets to know her - i.e. is not shallow - will get to love her.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2017

I went to Dr. Malik after my family Doctor retired. I had my doubts as to how it would go, after reading all of the negative reviews. I initally found Dr. Malik a bit abrupt, and you must have atleast 3 appointments with her, bringing up no concerns, before she will agree to take you as a patient. She explained the reasoning was so you could get to know each other, and so you weren't just looking for insurance papers signed. I do not 100% disagree with this setup, but it may be tricky if you do not have a flexible job. After Dr. Malik officially became my doctor, I have found her to be excellent. Do not go to her if you do not have a good sense of humour, or if you are easily offended. She may not have the best bedside manner, but has been the most attentive and thorough Doctor I have ever dealt with.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2016

She is very nice and caring. A lot of times I have gone to her with silly problems and she did not judge me. She is very honest and to the poing. Shes very knowledgable. I trust her 100% with my healthcare and will continue to go go her as long as I am able to.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2016

She's a very smart Doctor, she gets right to the point sometimes and she can be opinionated but she listens and tries to understand my point of view. She's a great doctor, I'll continue to go back to her! She's got a good sense of humour and tries to make a personal connection with her clients.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2016

Dr. Malik has been my GP since I was a baby, she delivered my little brother and sister. She only uses medication and other measures when needed, otherwise she is quick to tell people off (especially nurses) about their incompetence. As long as I am in Halifax, I hope she delivers my children as well, some day.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2015

Lost my physician after 36 years due to retirement. Went for a meet and greet with Dr Malik. Was impressed with her direct and honest approach. Returned to see her with blood test results and she was right on with my required needs. We clicked right off and I was thrilled. Happy to get on her list. Liked her approach and candid style. Gary Carson: clinical psychologist

flag | Submitted April 29, 2015