Ratings for Dr. Stephen McCarthy

This doctor is terrible. He should not be practicing medicine especially prescribing medicine. He over subscribes medications, prescribes the wrong medications and does not follow up on them. Our family holds him responsible for our mothers premature death. She still would be alive today if he hadn't oversubscribed medications and put her on ones that were causing her more harm than good. In earlier years he also prescribed medication to another family member who was perfectly healthy which caused this person to become seriously ill and hospitalised to get this medication out of his system. He obviously likes writing prescription. He has been reported to the college of sergeons and physicians and although they didn't find him criminally responsible for our mothers premature death he did have some actions taken against him. His name will be perminately on there records. I strongly urge anyone who has ever had serious issues with this doctor to file a complaint with the college of surgeons and physicians . Even if it has happened in the last several years, it is not to late. Get justice for your loved ones or for yourself and stop him from hurting other people. It I could rate 0 out of 5 I would. As for his receptionist, 0 out of 5 for her too. Rude does not come close and she has the personality of a post.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2018

The doctor is good, but a doctor's receptionist is too important a job to have the one he has. She is rude and an air head. She does not seem to like people interrupting her texting.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2018

Dr is awesome! In this day and age and with my health issues, i feel blessed to have a family doc and even luckier too have him. He has helped me thru some really tough things. He is thorough and when he says he will do something, he is prompt and hee follows thru. He also makes me feel like he is taking my concerns seriously, which is really important to me. The only(minor and lately improving) issue that i have with Dr McCarthy is actually his Secretary. She should run for ice queen!! H/e over the last few years she has warmed up to me and i think maybe she's actually just protecting him from some of his crazier patients! I love Dr Mc!!

flag | Submitted September 18, 2017

Dr is great. His secretary is horrible. She's so rude and mean and always acts like your bothering her by wanting to make an appointment. It's really bad. Horrible for customer service.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2017

No real issues with Dr McCarthy. But the secretary is one of the worst people to be working with the public. I called this afternoon looking to have my medical file released as if started seeing a new doctor (because I moved to the Annapolis valley) and she basically asked why I thought Dr McCarthy would ever work with me in giving me medical documents or at least getting them where I needed to go. As if I was "cheating" on Dr. McCarthy. VERY offended by the way she spoke to me.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2016

Dr McCarthy is my family doctor and absolutely terrible. Has miss diagnosed me so many times and treats me as if I'm stupid and has been made me feel as I'm a drug addict when I needed pain killers for a torn a.c.l and cracked tail bone. Almost killed my father when he sent him home multiple times without ordering tests when he has full blown cronhes and colitis. Absolute idiot

flag | Submitted August 14, 2015

Dr. McCarthy is the best doctor and is very thorough as for the people who run down his secretary do not know her well. She has always been very pleasant to me and very accommodating. Most people that have negative to say about her are just not happy with themselves and are needy people wanting everything right then and not willing to wait for an appointment. She is accommodating and you are in to see Dr. McCarthy within a week or less and in the case of an Emergency the same day. So I do not see how you think she does not belong in this position.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2015

Dr McCarthy has always been wonderful to me and my family

flag | Submitted March 22, 2015

Always felt well cared for. I appreciate that he also enjoys travelling, so he has first hand experience and knowledge of heath issues when overseas.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2015

Dr McCarthy is an excellent Dr and is very personable.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2014