Ratings for Dr. Trevor Topp

Dr. Topp is a wonderful doctor! He is treating me for early stage breast cancer and I couldn't ask for a more kind and caring and witty surgeon. I felt completely at ease going into surgery for the first time in my life and I put my trust in him and his very skilled hands. The whole staff at the IWK Breast Health Centre is awesome and it is partly due to his knowledgeable leadership! I thank God and feel fortunate that Dr. Topp is looking after me.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2018

Initially the doctor appeared competent and confident in his diagnosis of my condition; "100% it's cancer" he stated. I regret that I did not ask for a second opinion because after the biopsy procedure was completed, I was informed by another doctor that it was not cancer. It turns out that he was in fact 100% wrong! I require multiple trips to the ER because of infection and other issues with the biopsy site - I had a week of drainage and had to have multiple ultrasounds because of infection and swelling. His residents would see me in the ER when I presented there, and while they would go and speak wit the doctor who had done the biopsy, he never once came to see me himself despite being present in the hospital. I also learned from one of the residents that I was not given proper post-op instructions for aftercare. What is 100% sure is that I had to suffer the consequences of this procedures - for nothing - and now I have an ugly scar on my body for the rest of my life. Do not blindly give this doctor 100% of your trust!

flag | Submitted December 18, 2017

Dr. Topp was my surgeon when I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer. I was very comfortable with him. He was very confident in the course of treatment that he was recommending. He answered all my questions and addressed all my concerns. I continue to see him once a year and he is very respectful, caring and I enjoy his humour. I would highly recommend Dr Topp

flag | Submitted October 7, 2017

He was very rude and sarcastic when we were talking about my surgery. He called me fat and said that I was overreacting with my pain and told me to come back in 10 years and that it would hopefully be "out of the office". I had told him that the pain would fade with home remedies and he called them "stupid" and laughed in my face. Very disappointed with my experience.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2017

Dr. Topp is tops!! I thank God for placing me in the very capable hands of this wonderful surgeon. He is a straight shooter and knows his stuff. Also it helps that he has a great sense of humor. I would recommend Dr. Topp for anyone that wants a surgeon that is direct, honest, skillful and funny! Seems like a winning combination to me! :)

flag | Submitted June 16, 2016

Dr. Topp tells it like it is! Doesn't like to waste time. He is an excellent surgeon and I am thankful he did my surgery and follow up for five years after my breast cancer. Great sense of humor, listens to you, direct and tells you like it is! On my last appointment everything was good, however, he wanted me to know if anything should come up, he is there for me.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2016

I was very impressed with Dr. Topp's professionalism and bedside manner. He performed emergency surgery on me and everything went very well. I saw him for a post assessment in April.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2015

He is absolutely wonderful! very caring and compassionate, puts you at ease. He answers all your questions and he has a wonderful senses of humour. I cannot say enough good about Dr. Topp! I thank god I was in his hands!

flag | Submitted October 6, 2014

He is fabulous. Tells you exactly how it is. Answers all your questions directly and upfront. Has a great sense of humour (puts you at ease). You know exactly what to expect and you know you're in good hands

flag | Submitted August 14, 2014

I think this Dr. has himself so high on his pedistal that he forgets who the patiant is and who he works for. His office staff are also very arrogant. Learn to listen to the patient. They might be scared, confused or frustrated.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2013