Ratings for Dr. Douglas Legay

A+ During years of various misadventures I have rubbed shoulders with a number of orthopedic surgeons. Dr. Legay is among the cream of the crop. Following his review of my various scans he preformed a three-part surgery on my upper arm and shoulder, which he believed, would take 1-¾ hours. He was to repair a complete rotator cuff tear, shoulder impingement and the removal of a shoulder to bicep tendon so badly torn it could not be repaired thus necessitating the removal of a section of my bicep muscle. The surgery ultimately took over 3 hours as Dr. Legay had determined a way to repair my tendon thus saving my bicep. I thought this to have been above and beyond. Recovery was nearly pain free and quicker than expected due to what I believe was his expertise empathy for my situation. Others had been not so giving. We need more like him. God bless Dr, Legay

flag | Submitted November 12, 2018

I have underwent 3 surgical procedures, two hips and a shoulder. Dr Leguay and his team are very professional and compassionate, they always were very polite, kind hearted and very knowledgeable. Dr Leguay is filledwith knowledge and experience. I may be looking at other intervention and if I have the choice, he will be my surgeon again. Thank you for your relentless efforts in contributing makin my life better and reaching an acceptable level of physical fitness and personal wellbeing.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2018

I've had a knee surgery years ago from Dr. Legay and also 2 shoulder surgeries. Was great to deal with for all three. Never felt rushed on visits and always seemed to care.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2018

Dr.Legay has done surgery on my shoulder twice. He has amazing people skills, doesn’t rush you out of the office in follow ups and is very genuine. He does amazing work and rehab from his procedures was a breeze with no complications.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2018

Recovered well from my surgery. Very happy with Dr. Legay he was helpful and professional

flag | Submitted June 16, 2018

Excellent surgeon! Very knowledgeable, professional and with excellent bedside manner. He is kind and caring as is Janice, his admin assistant. I highly recommend Dr. Legay for orthopedic surgery and care. I was delivered from extreme knee pain. I don't believe in miracles; however, this feels like a miracle.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2018

Excellent bedside manner! Very knowledgeable and helpful! He is a sports medicine doctor which is a high standard of excellent care! His secretary is excellent and has a huge responsibility of trying to book patients in accordingly! Shoulders are his specialty and I highly recommend Dr. Legay to anyone needing an orthopedic surgeon for their shoulder.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2018

Excellent Surgeon. Very busy and so you'll have to wait. Fixed my shoulder so that I can lift weights just 4 months after surgery. No complications. Not the most personable at first, but hey, he fixed me and that's all I care about. I highly recommend for any shoulder issue.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

Rotator cuff and ligaments repaired. Excellent job. Nice and explains things well.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2017

Strolled into his office an hour 15 minutes late.Proceeds to ask me why I "think" I have problems with my hips-my xrays were on the screen and the report from referring doctor on his desk. Answer his questions-he then shrugs his shoulders and says "probably just a touch of bursitis". After exam, he decides it's not my hips, but my back,and sends me for xrays.His helpful advice?-stay thin.Go for xrays, call for appointment to go over results-rudely told by receptionist "Dr.Legay doesn't deal with backs". I then ask if he is referring me to someone who does, and am then told to go see my family doctor, where I'm told-"oh, it's just a little arthritis. Long story short-it's not "a touch of bursitis", it is two majorly messed up hips that at the very least will require arthroscopic surgery, if not replacements.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2017