Ratings for Dr. John Gatien

I'm 27 now, but this doctor told my parents not to worry about my face/allergies/skin, because I wasn't blessed with looks and would have to rely on my personality anyway. I was 5 and he said this to my parents. I hope he's gotten better with kids in the last 22 years.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2016

Dr. Gatien has treated my son since he was 18 mths old for an allergy to peanuts that causes anaphylaxis. I find his manner a bit odd at times, perhaps a little supercilious, but he certainly knows his stuff. I feel comfortable that when we leave his office we know what we need to know.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2014

I recently had the opportunity to observe Dr. Gatien in an office visit. He was thorough in asking his history, and his physical exam was excellent. The young female patient had never had a complete physical before and thought it intrusive. It was not. She got hung up on that. The mother did not understand the reasons for questions and thought them intrusive and got hung up on that. Dr. Gatien gave them the answer they needed, they heard but they did not hear because of their hang ups. If you read this before seeing Dr. Gatien, please recognize you are there for him to help you. There may be unpleasantries and odd questions but please hide nothing and give all in response to questions. His years of experiences and knowledge he has gained from them, and his interest and committment to helping people mean that he will come up with the right answer. You might not like it but it will be sound. You need to help him to know the real you so he can help you...

flag | Submitted June 3, 2012

After spending two and a half hours on history, which normally would be very helpful, I was tested for every allergen except the one that brought me to his office. I was told my allergy "is in my head". FIrst alarm bell! When I stood up, placed my epipens on his desk and asked whether I could walk away and eat nut products, he said "Absoulutely not!". Second alarm bell! I then asked him, if this were "in my head", how is it that, not knowing a product contains nuts, my body goes into anaphlyaxis. He had no answer. A second opinion with another local specialist confirmed areas of concern. I am, in fact anaphylactic with peanuts only. Not only did Dr. Gatien waste my time, his vast array of tests cost tax payers unneccessarily. His conclusion could also have been potentially dangerous.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2009

Found Dr. Gatien to be condescending and rude. Although very thorough in obtaining medical history, he could not get to the bottom of my chronic sinusitis/allergies and had asked whether I had a history of mental illness in my family, as I had considered my medical condition debiliating at times. I guess he could not fathom being plagued with sinus migraines day and night and not feel discouraged!

flag | Submitted August 4, 2008

I had Dr. Gatien as a child when it was discovered that I was allergic to insect stings. I remember how comfortable he made me feel. He was very friendly and put myself and my parents at ease. I wish all doctors were more like him.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2007

Very knowledgeable. Took his time. great with my two yr. old. A little eccentric in an interesting away! I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2007

Dr. Gatien is very thorough, kind, and intelligent doctor. I have been seeing Dr. Gatien for a few years now for allergies. Without him, I would still be suffering terribly from my allergies.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2007

My daughter saw Dr. Gatien for several years. He was kind and caring. A great doctor and a nice person.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2007

flag | Submitted December 11, 2006

Dr. John Gatien's Credentials

Updates

• A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I'm 27 now, but this doctor told my parents not to worry about my face/allergies/skin, because I wasn't blessed with looks and would have to rely on my persona..."

April 2, 2016
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Gatien has treated my son since he was 18 mths old for an allergy to peanuts that causes anaphylaxis. I find his manner a bit odd at times, perhaps a litt..."

November 10, 2014