Ratings for Dr. Fernando M. Akerman

Nuestro problema no era quedar embarazada, pero siempre los perdia a los dos o tres meses. Mi doctor me envio con el Dr. Akerman. El me dijo enseguida que me miro con una camara en su consulta del Baptist, que tenia una pared en el utero que habia que quitar. Akerman me opero para removerme esa pared que tenia de nacimiento en mi utero, y al dia siguiente ya estaba trabajando. Ahora estoy casi de nueve meses a punto de tener a mi bebe. El doctor es de primera. Sin duda.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2017

Emoción me invade al escribir estas lineas. Luego de un dificil camino por no poder quedar embarazada durante muchos años, tuve la dicha de encontrar al Dr. Akerman. El y su gente me hicieron sentir muy comoda durante el stress del IVF, que finalmente se reflejo en mi actual embarazo. El es un profesional de primer nivel, un ecelente medico, y mejor persona. Siempre acompañandote durante el tratamiento. Gracias a Dios y la Virgen por tanta alegria, esperando ansiosa el nacimiento de mi baby.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2017

How grateful should you be with a doctor that returned the happiness to your life? I felt empty and depressed. Dr. Akerman changed my life. He gave me a reason to live for. My life has now a meaning. This is priceless....to see my girl smile every day...to put her to sleep...to hold her...to kiss her...to grab her hands.... I wanted to be a mother all my life, and this peaceful and blessed feeling is indescribable. May God bless him and everybody at his clinic.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2017

When I saw my friend pregnant, she told me to call Dr. Akerman. I've been to other fertility clinics and was ready to quit. I'm glad I followed her advice. He is a great doctor, and all people there made me feel so comfortable during the entire process of IVF. It was a hard decision to make, both emotionally and financially. I do not only write this because I'm pregnant, but also I found at his clinic the support I needed. Dr.Akerman is terrific, and nurses are a truly gems.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2017

I was worried I will never get pregnant and Dr. Akerman gave us hope. He was very honest and professional when treatments were offered to us. We constantly saw him during the treatment. We did two rounds of Invitro and got pregnant with twins. I was scared of things we read over the internet, but the nurses helped us get through. We are so happy and grateful. My advise, go to see the doctor early, do not wait a long time as we did. Our boys are our miracle to prove that.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2017

Dr. Akerman is simple the best. He is extremely professional, and listens to you very carefully. I needed surgery to remove polips and after that I was ready for invitro. He did the surgery and the next day I was working without any problems. The invitro is another story, but I'm so glad I did it. It WORKED! I have a beautiful baby girl, and i'll come back for the boy very soon. Thank you!

flag | Submitted May 1, 2017

Una esperanza, una luz en el camino. Asi nos sentimos cuando vimos al Dr. Akerman por primera vez. Ya una amiga me lo habia recomendado, pero yo decidi ir a otro medico con el que no tuvimos exito. Despues de un invitro quede embarazada y tuve a mi niña tan deseada, luego de años de no lograrlo. El doctor fue muy bueno con nosotros, el sabe mucho y es profesional de primer nivel.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2017

El doctor Akerman es el mejor! El nos guio con una sinceridad y sabiduria desde la primera cita. Nos dijo clarito y sin vueltas cual era la unica solusion para tener un bebe. Gracias a el pudimos formar nuestra familia. Gracias por siempre medico.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2017

El Dr. Akerman es un excelente profesional, un médico reconocido de nivel mundial, una persona con valores morales y éticos intachables, por encima de todo eso, es una excelente persona que con solo una inseminacion me ayudó a tener a mi bebe. Sin duda si quieres preñarte ve a verlo.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2017

My experience with Dr. Akerman is the best you can ever imagine. I was referred to him by a friend who struggled with infertility for a long time and then have a baby with IVF. I also did IVF, since Dr. Akerman discovered that my tubes were blocked and fill with water, and needed to be removed. After a surgery with a quick recovery, I was ready to do IVF. He also reviewed with me the option of doing PGD to have a healthy kid, and after reading about I also decided to transfer a male baby. My son is now almost a year old. I felt so grateful to Dr. Akerman, he is the best. Very professional, extremely ethical and strait to the point. I recommend him to all my friends.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2017

Dr. Fernando M. Akerman's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Fernando M. Akerman has been the Associate Director of the Fertility & IVF Center of Miami since 1999. He is a native of Argentina and is fluent in Spanish, English, and Portuguese. He completed his residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at Saint Louis University School of Medicine in 1997, and his fellowship in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility at the University of Louisville, Kentucky in 1999. Before that he graduated with honors from the Universidad de Buenos Aires, Argentina, where he also completed his Residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology in 1992. Dr. Akerman completed an Intership in Pathology at Albert Einstein School of Medicine, New York. Dr. Akerman is Board Certified in Ob/Gyn and is a Diplomate Certified by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, subspecialty in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility. Dr. Akerman is member of numerous scientific societies such as the American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM), the Society of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility (SREI), the Society of Assisted Reproductive Technology (SART), the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology (ACOG) and the Miami Obstetrical and Gynecological Society. Dr. Akerman is the current President of the Florida Society of Reproductive Medicine and Infertility. His main clinical interest are oocyte donation and gestational surrogacy, being considered a world expert in the field of Human Reproduction and Infertility. His patients come from all five continents to achieve the dream of having a family at his center in South Florida.

• English
  • Spanish
  • Portuguese

• Univ De Buenos Aires, Fac De Med, Buenos Aires, Argentina (Grad. 1987)