Ratings for Dr. J. ROBIN Atwell

Scheduled an appointment for 4-18-17 at 1:30. When asked, I was told the doctor would see me in 10 minutes. I was called in at 2. Met with the nurse, who I like a lot. She had to give me the news that the doctor was in surgery and I could either reschedule or meet with his PA. I told them I didn't want to meet with the PA who asked about my prostate (I am female) during one of my last visits. I said I want the doctor to call me and explain to me the results of my sonagram. By this time the office was filled with people telling me the doctor would not call me.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2017

I've utilized Dr Atwell for several issues over the past few years. He's well informed, attentative as well as being generally punctual.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2017

Uneducated/unwilling to discuss any treatment options available for IC except the specific Rx he prescribed. I felt rushed through each appointment without time to have my questions addressed. Once he was even walking me out off the exam room as I was trying to ask questions. When calling his office to alert them of Rx issues i was having, I felt like I was a nuisance to his staff. I was told if I was having side effects to the meds I could call my regular doc to get an Rx for the side effect.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2016

Very knowledgeable, and helpful. Incredibly personable.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2015

I was very pleased with this physician and the addition of a pelvic floor treatment center!

flag | Submitted February 24, 2015

Best doctor ever .He takes his time and really cares very knowledgeable

flag | Submitted November 5, 2014

Excellent doctor, knowledgable!!! Accommodating staff!

flag | Submitted November 15, 2012

has a problem with the truth, misinforms,and is very self centered....only hears what he wants to hear,,its a shame because is is a nice person,,,but so is my neighbor

flag | Submitted March 13, 2012

Exceelet physician, very knowledgable and thorough

flag | Submitted October 25, 2010

Dr. Atwell performed a vasectomy that FAILED. His procedure was flawed, he did not utilize common practices in his field to ensure a successful sterilization. When we informed his office of his failed procedure, they were unconcerned and he never even called us. We have since been to a second urologist who confirmed the presence of live active sperm and that the procedure was done improperly. We did all post surgical testing with Dr. Atwell as prescribed and were given the "all clear". If he had done his job, we would not have had an unintended pregnancy. Find another doctor, one who knows how to do a vasectomy and who cares about his patients!!

flag | Submitted December 13, 2009

Dr. J. ROBIN Atwell's Credentials

• Med Univ Of Sc Coll Of Med, Charleston Sc 29425 (Grad. 1979)