Ratings for Dr. W.C. Schellenberg

For at least 25 years now Dr. Schellenberg has been a wonderful benefit to my entire family. His kindness and his genuine concern are only outshone by his knowledge and his skill. It's been very comforting to have him to turn to and rely on for our healthcare. We are very sorry to be losing him as a doctor but his retirement is certainly well-deserved. With deepest gratitude for all the guidance, care and good advice over the years we wish him all the best now in whatever the future holds.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2016

This dr needs to be reviewed. He's been my doctor for 20+ years and over the past few years has become "off". Dr s has become rude and has no bedside manners. He has asked extremely inappropriate questions that do not relate to our checkups at all. I will not be returning...

flag | Submitted August 25, 2016

I have had Dr Schellenburg for 15 years and Have found him to be NO1 in my books ...now that he is retiring I am on being upset as I believe I will never find another Dr as good as he was......I am going to miss you but thanks for all your care through the years that you gave me....Vivian Bolton

flag | Submitted May 31, 2016

I'll preface this review by saying that Dr Schellenberg has changed. He's absolutely not the doctor I believed him to be. I was a patient of Dr. Schellenberg for 15 years. For the majority of those years, I believed him to be a good doctor. In hindsight, appearances can be deceiving. I've never had a 'physical' with this doctor. He thought that they weren't necessary for someone my age. Feeling lethargic and constantly unwell, I saw him for several blood tests. Several tests later, and with no call back on the results, I decided to do my own testing and discovered I was diabetic. After questioning Dr Schellenberg about why I wasn't called with the tests, he became indignant, and dismissed me as a patient in the middle of a diagnosis (obviously embarrassed at his mistake) leaving me with no doctor to help me with my newfound illness. In fact, he refused to answer any questions I asked him and informed me that I should find a new doctor to answer them. He got up, and left. His behavior is both childish and dangerous. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone... He's a wolf in sheep's clothing. I believe he, and his behavior should be reviewed by the College of physicians and surgeons of Manitoba. Making things worse, his front desk service is absolutely abysmal, with very rude and abrupt staff. I would avoid this clinic.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2016

Dr. Schellenberg has been my Dr for the past 20 years. I trust him 100% and is the kidest most gentle Dr I have ever had. Only thing is the waiting time is a bit long.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2015

I was a patient for 46 years at Westwood Clinic. First with Dr. Garwood and when he retired, I began to see Dr. Schellenberg. 25 years ago, Dr. Schellenberg seemed to care about his patients. He was always available and I felt like I was in good hands. Over the years however, he has become impatient, rude, condescending and treats you like your time isn't nearly as important as his. He stands with his hand on the doorknob just waiting to bolt out of the room, even though you haven't finished with the conversation. I think he should have retired years ago when he stopped caring. I got so fed up with his attitude and waiting an hour each time I went to see him, that after 46 years, I found a new clinic and a fantastic new doctor. Just wish I had done this years earlier. Don't waste your time with Dr. Schellenberg. There are much, much better doctors out there.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2015

He has been our dr. for over 49 years/ we have always been treated well, and would hate to have to change.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2015

Has been my GP for 25 years. In all that time I can find NOTHING negative with regard to his treatment. I find him to be warm, approachable & will want to do whatever testing he feels should be done. My only comlaint is that he tries to cover all possible bases that I as a nurse often do not feel are required. Personally, l do not want him to retire. I have had a bad experience with another M.D. at the walk-in clinic.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2014

Dr Schellenberg is an awesome doctor. Have been with him for many years. So pleased with his compassion, willing to go that extra mile. Helped me when I couldn't help myself .

flag | Submitted November 20, 2014

He is knowledgable enough to know which specialist to send you to but doesn't answer questions. When I asked questions he treated me like I was an idiot and told me I'd be fine. Couldn't wait to get out the door. If I ever questioned anything he would get mad. I left crying from his office twice because of the way he treated me. Doesn't seem to care about helping his patients. He just wants to get you in and out as fast as possible with a fake smile plastered on his face. Major pill pusher. Doesn't care about fixing the problem, just masking symptoms. His famous line is "just try this medication and if it doesn't go away we'll look into it." Would not reccomend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2014