Ratings for Dr. Raquel M. Gonzalez

Raquel was great for my son's first visit. Right away she referred him to a neurologist and he was diagnosed with autism. He has severe sensory issues, as well as meltdowns when in an enclosed space, or when a door closes. It seems after his initial appointment, Raquel was always bothered by my son. She would stay no more than 5 minutes during every appointment, was very rude, would not say goodbye or ask if i had any questions or concerns that I needed answers to. My sons 3 year physical was the final straw. She was in & out the room withing literally 3 minutes, without ever dismissing herself or asking any questions about my son's progress or development. She knows he is autistic. She seemed irritated by his crying as she does every visit. She is a pediatrician she should be accostumed to children crying! She refused to sign the disabled parking permit for my son. My son takes off in parking lots, is extremely strong, & he bolts suddenly, being a danger to himself. He cannot walk safely without my assistance, sometimes he has major meltdowns in parking lots throwing himself on the ground floor due to his overstimulated senses, and sensory issues, I explained it would be safer for him if we were able to get to a door quicker when at his many weekly appointments. She claimed she did not see it necessary. To me it was apparent she was not aware of the severity of my son's autism. I will be finding another pediatrician for my son, one who is more understanding of my situation and instead of making life more difficult and dismissing us at every appointment, will want to work with us and be informed of my son's progress. Needless to say, his neurologist signed off just fine on the disabled parking permit, so she lost a client due to her ignorance & rudeness.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2014

Dr. Raquel M. Gonzalez's Credentials

• Spanish

• Univ Complutense De Madrid, Fac De Med, Madrid, Spain (Grad. 1969)

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.