Ratings for Dr. Joseph J. Katta

Had to get a colonoscopy & went in for consultation. Nurse took my history & said - you're all set, we'll see you then. I said that I would like to meet the doctor before the procedure since I was a new patient. He came in for about 20 seconds. The day of the colonoscopy, he never came to see me before or after. Also did not disclose that he was owner of surgical center he sent me to. When they called to set an appointment to discuss results, I told them that since Dr. Katta could not find time to see me, I had no time for him & they could just send the results to my primary. Told them I would NEVER see him again & would recommend the same to everyone I knew. I told them to tell him he was a terrible doctor & come to find out later that he has a well-known reputation for this kind of behavior. Totally unacceptable!!!

flag | Submitted May 5, 2015

Saw him as a new patient to schedule an endoscopy. He never explained procedure. When I went to schedule it, his staff failed to tell me he would be out-of-town. I learned the day of the procedure. His partner, whom I had never seen did it and rushed as he had another emergency. Went back for the follow-up and waited 1 hour 20 minutes to find out I was seeing the Nurse Practitioner. Both doctors were on vacation for a month! NEVER going to see this guy ever again!!!!

flag | Submitted July 23, 2013

Very rude staff, insensitive. I would not return to this office for anything, not a hang nail. After 2 days of fasting to prepare for a colonoscopy they canceled my appt and the best I got was " I hope this is no inconvenience ". Good luck if you have to go to this guy.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2011

exellent physician with good bedside manner.very good with procedures,would recommend without reserve.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2011

before he knew my problem, he said " i will not perscribe, i do not know you". i said im here so you can get to know me. he repeated that he did not know me. isnt that what this appt is for, i asked. again his only comment was, "i will not perscribe, but i never refuse a new patient"......incidently, i did not ask for meds at any time, i asked for help.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2010

Ofice staff rude and unhelpful. Doctor and surgi-center staff unconcerned about patients discomfort

flag | Submitted February 12, 2009

Dr. Joseph J. Katta's Credentials

• Osmania Med Coll, Univ Hlth Sci, Vijayawada, Hyderabad, Ap, India (Grad. 1973)

Harvard-Pilgrim