Ratings for Dr. Kelvin Mah

Dr Mah is very kind and friendly. The staff is really great, too. But he does always seem to try to convince me to get unnecessary work done. He suggests whitening and other corrective things without me asking. Feels like a salesman.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2017

I am a specialist in dental implants and gum surgery and have worked with Dr. Kelvin Mah for nearly a decade. I have been incredibly impressed by his skill and his attention to detail. He is one of a kind as a gentleman and professional. He will spend his time with all his patients making them feel very comfortable and explain carefully their options. I hear time and time again how calming and gentle he is. I've also had the opportunity to assess the quality of his work on the implants I place and on other teeth. I can honestly say that Kelvin is easily one of the top 5 dentists I have ever worked with and I've worked with a few hundred dentists over my career. His restorative work and his cosmetic dentistry results are just amazing and mind blowing. I had a most recent case that was extremely challenging and told Kelvin that I cannot see how he will be able to achieve an esthetic result on it. I offered to re-do the case too and try a different approach. He told me that he believes he can turn it around. I just saw that patient yesterday and could not believe how well he managed it. The patient is ecstatic and her smile is gorgeous. Kelvin, you are truly a master in your field. Dr. T

flag | Submitted February 15, 2017

Dr Mah and his staff are fantastic. He is by far the best dentist I have ever visited. I have been going to Kelvin for over 20 years and highly recommend him. He is painless as well.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2014

Excellent dentist. I have been going to Dr. Mah for many years, he is always very clear with explaining options, what he is going to do, how long it will take. He has a gentle touch and the work he has done over the years has stood the test of time. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2013

First visit, so I met with the doctor before treatment started. What a great guy! We sat and talked at length about what I was looking for, what his philosophy of practice is, concerns I had about my teeth, and so on. What a great way to treat patients! Dr. Mah immediately makes you feel at ease, and confident in his abilities. He obviously cares about his patients and profession a great deal. After meeting the doctor and extended discussion, he introduced me to Jessica, the world's best hygienist (in my estimation at least). I have sensitive teeth, and Jessica was really careful. She was all of: comforting, thorough, informative, and very nice to boot. She made me feel at ease, and did an excellent job with my sensitive chompers. I felt well cared for. I have some more dental work I have been putting off , but now that I found such a great dentist and crew, I have already booked my next visit.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2012

I agree with other reviewers that Dr. Mah is very kind and approachable. He's also quite thorough. His prices are on the expensive side, which means more money out of my pocket after insurance pays for its part, but that's fine. The thing that really bugs me, though, is that he always seems to be trying to sell me a service I don't need. He seems to always suggest fixing things that are extremely minor. For example, my teeth do NOT need whitening. But he always brings the topic up. He also brings up various mouthpieces, etc... Basically, he's guaranteed to suggest at least two things that cost money with every visit. If it weren't for the awesome staff he works with and the nice office, I'd leave.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2011

Nothing I say will do this man justice. He is a master with a needle and makes it absolutely painless. More than just a great dentist he is also a good person to talk and chat with. If you live in Vancouver, if live anywhere NEAR Vancouver, you are ignorant not to see him.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2011

Spends the time to explain treatment so that you never feel rushed or that he needs to be elswhere. Every exam is very complete. His hygienist is great!

flag | Submitted March 23, 2011

Best dentist I've ever seen - period. He's a very nice guy who is very smart and loves his job. He embraces new technology and provides a service and environment that's far above average. I've had minor difficulties in scheduling with the office in the past and Dr. Mah's time is spread a bit thinner than when I first started visiting about 8 years ago but I can't imagine service being better than this clinic.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2009

Dr Mah is wonderful! He is a little expensive, but what great service! We always feel very well looked after when we visit. There aren't many dentists who are able to put you at ease like this guy. Always does a super job!

flag | Submitted March 9, 2009

Dr. Kelvin Mah's Credentials

• University of British Columbia (Grad. 1992)

Delta Dental