You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Martin McLoughlin

Dr. McLoughlin you still are the best doctor I have ever met I am glad that my Dr. Patrick Mallette recommended me to you You are a great doctor and a fantastic man All your patients will miss you I certainly do Enjoy your retirement well deserved Do you still have a urologist research fund? Regards: Capt R.Yves Cellier

flag | Submitted September 1, 2015

Dr. McLouglin you will be missed by a lot of your Patiens, I'm one of them, you have done a lot for me, you were not just a great Doctor you were also a great Person, specialy when I seen you on your Bike Rides.. thanks again Doctor, enjoy your retirement and happy biking

flag | Submitted May 26, 2014

I was trying to make an appointment with Dr. McLoughlin recently , but found out that he is now retired. I first went to him in 2006 and think he is the best MD ever! Very skilled, polite and highly experienced. He will be missed.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2014

Undoubtedly the best ever doctor and surgeon. He is the most talented and knowledgeable surgeon.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2012

Dr. McLoughlin is very helpful and considerate. He addressed all my concerns, explained the cause of the problems and asked several times if I had any other questions. He is very thorough and I appreciate that he is cautious and not presumptuous.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2012

Caring, friendly, engaging and interested in my views.I felt well-treated and respected as an individual, unlike other docs that see me as a case

flag | Submitted November 5, 2012

Performed a much needed circumcision for phimosis which went off without a hitch. I can't say I appreciated that he asked me if I 'knew how to spell circumcision' or when he said into his recorder '...and the patient has FINALLY decided to do something about it'. (criticism which I deserved) But he did show respect when I demonstrated that I had researched the subject. Dr. McLoughlin gave me exactly what I needed and his staff was absolutely excellent, understanding, and friendly. I highly recommend him and wish I had gone to him earlier.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2012

Urethra scar tissue completely removed in a couple of short office visits. Extremely competent, reassuring, and helpful! Very down-to-earth and easy to talk to.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2012

This doctor misdiagnosed me, and it cost me my kidney. I presented with water on the kidney, and he asked me if I remembered a painful episode passing a stone. I told him I remembered a painful urination once, that's all. I explained that I had endometriosis with inflammation throughout my abdomen, so it would be hard for me to distinguish that pain from a stone passing. He disagreed, and said that he believed my kidney condition was a genetic abnormality, that I'd likely had it all my life, and that it wouldn't be getting any worse. It's function was normal, after all. He then indicated the appointment was over. I asked, "What about follow-up??" He said to come see him again if the kidney keeps getting infected. Turns out he was wrong about everything. My kidney never did get infected again because the ureter closed off completely. I passed a stone from the other kidney 2 years later, and tests revealed the first kidney was completely engorged and now non-functioning.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2012

My husband was diagnosed with stage 4 prostate cancer in February 2011 and had his operation in March 2011 If it wasn't for Dr. McLoughlin, my husband would not be alive today. The care that Dr. M. provided from the visit visit and on all follow up visits was amazing.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2011

Dr. Martin McLoughlin's Credentials

MSP/BC Med

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. McLoughlin you still are the best doctor I have ever met I am glad that my Dr. Patrick Mallette recommended me to you You are a great doctor and a fantasti..."

September 1, 2015