Ratings for Dr. Humberto L. Porrata

Dr Porrata has been working to help me with my difficult case. I have had a total knee replacement which had been needed for several yrs, leaving the leg slightly longer than the other, hence, out of normal body alignment for yrs. Now, bones touching in other knee and being treated with excellent results by my other Dr., plus severe osteoarthritis, both hips, one on the right due for replacement as soon as Dr Porrata can get my lumbar spondylolisthesis stable enough for me to have thi done . I, of course, have been goin thru a lot of pain since a bad fall. Dr. Poratta and his staff and nurses have been very kind, concerned, have returned all my calls and are doing all they canas quickly as they can (insurance & referrals) to help me stay as comfortable as possible thru this and I have faith in a successful outcome. I thank the woman I met that referred me to him.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2014

The most caring and knowledgeable pain management office in the area. Doctor takes the time to listen to what and where you are experiencing pain. The wait time to see the doctor is minimal. The office staff is curteous and accomodating to your schedule. I have referred family and friends to this group of doctors, especially my doctor because of his helpfulness, knowledge and punctuality.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2011

This physician took excellent care of my lower back pain. I had been having severe pain in the lower back to the Legs. After seeing multiple physicians and got no help. He did lumbar injections which helped. My pain is minimal to none. He was caring and very interested in my problem. Very helpful and knowledgeable. Very highly recommended. Do not see him if your interest is in being on pain medication/drugs for life.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2010

THE STAFF AT THIS OFFICE IS THE RUDEST, CRUELEST, MEANEST BUNCH OF LOSERS WE'VE EVER ENCOUNTERED IN ANY PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATION, PHYSICIAN OR OTHERWISE. THEY ROUTINELY BLAME MY 73 YR. OLD MOTHER FOR REFERRAL PROBLEMS THAT ARE NOT HER FAULT, RESCHEDULE HER CONSTANTLY, AND PUT HER AT GREAT RISK OF COMPLICATION BY REFUSING TO REFILL HER PAIN PUMP ON THE LAST DAY IT HAD MEDICATION WITHIN. THEY TALK DOWN TO YOU, ESPECIALLY THIS 'CORINNE' PERSON, WHO THINKS SHE'S GOD'S GIFT TO BEAUTY & THIS OFFICE. SHE'S NOTHING MORE THAN A 20-ISH GLORIFIED PHONE GIRL AND LIKELY A RELATIVE. THIS OFFICE HAS MADE COUNTLESS MISTAKES BUT BLAME THEM ALL ON PATIENT. PHYSICIAN NICKED MOTHER'S NERVE LEAVING HER IN AGONY FOR 36 HOURS..AS NO ONE ANSWERED THE HOSPITALS CALLS B/C IT WAS A HOLIDAY WEEKEND! EVIL, NASTY PEOPLE AND THEY SHOULD BE CLOSED DOWN. GO ANYWHERE BUT HERE, OR AT YOUR OWN PERIL!

flag | Submitted January 27, 2010

WORSE PAIN MANAGEMENT DOCTOR I HAVE EVER SEEN!!! HE STARTED OUT WITH SHOTS IN LUMBAR AREA ALTO MRI SHOWED HERNIATED, SPINAL STENOIS, PINCHED NERVES AND LOSS OF CERVICAL LORDOSIS FROM NECK AREA TO LOWER LUMBAR - ASKED ABOUT NECK PAIN AND WAS TOLD I DID NOT HOLD MY NECK IN SUCH A WAY THAT SHOWED I WAS IN PAIN! COMPLETELY IGNORING THE MRI. HE ALSO MADE DISPARAGING REMARKS ABOUT OTHER PATIENTS. HE THEN RECOMMEND A HIP REPLACEMENT (WHICH i DID) AND AFTERWARDS SAID I NEEDED TO BE OFF MEDS - WHICH HE TRIED TO DO IN A MONTHS TIME AFTER BEING ON THEM FOR 9 YEARS (JUST TO BE ABLE TO FUNCTION AS AN ALMOST NORMAL HUMAN BEING) - HE DID NOT TAKE INTO CONSIDERATION MY OTHER PROBLEMS AND DID NOT SEEM TO CARE...WOULD NOT AND COULD NOT RECOMMEND HIM TO ANYONE! HE IS NO HELP. I WILL SAY STAFF AND NURSES VERY HELPFUL AND APPOLOGETIC FOR HIM.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2009

Dr. Humberto L. Porrata's Credentials

• Univ Central Del Caribe Sch Of Med, Bayamon Pr 00621 (Grad. 1996)