Ratings for Dr. David Connor

I absolutely love Dr.Connor. He is the Pediatrician for our soon to be 6 month old. I feel like he always seems to have all of the answers and appointments are quick, but not rushed because of this. He seems to always be on time and has the best bedside manner of any doctor that I have come across to date. Some people here have commented on his age, but he comes across as much younger than he must be. His years in practice is definitely a selling point for us since you cannot always find that amount of knowledge. Again, we absolutely love him and hope he never decides to retire.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2019

Exceptional doctor- very lucky to have him. He never hesitates to refer our children to specialists as needed or to do thorough testing before making a diagnosis. He doesn't medicate when unnecessary. We have a physician in the family and I can definitely say that Dr. Connor is an excellent physician who actually takes the time to talk to his little patients and involve them in their own healthcare. For all the negative reviews, a doctor can only work off the information that you provide them and what they see presented in the examining room. Referrals also take time and delays are not a reflection on the referring doctor. Its an unfortunate state of our provincial healthcare.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2019

When my oldest son seen him 15 years ago he was great now that my 2 toddlers see him I hate taking them there. He doesn't listen. Cuts you off when your trying to.explain your concerns. He is awful. I'm looking elsewhere. Kyle daughter is suffering from allergies and has been for 2 years and he finally just wrote a referral which can take up.yo another year and a half. And her eczema Is so bad it bleeds and is like.dinosaur skin it's been like this.for 2 years. And he finally gave her a new creamed this week. Only.after having to tell him to listen to me and stop cutting me off so.i could.explain my child symptoms. Ì know.i insulted him but man hes let my daughter suffer for.2 years because he just wanted to rush us out of the room

flag | Submitted September 1, 2019

Sad to say, I agree with the last few comments about the decline in level of care offered by Dr Connor. He’s obviously ready for retirement, but it’s sad to see him leave on such a note. When we first started seeing Dr Connor he was so attentive and respectful, I admired him as a physician. He behaved so out of line at our last appointment I questioned his ethics as a healthcare provider.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2019

My kids have seen Dr. Connor for years. I’ve always found him to be patient and personable, but on our last visit he was the complete opposite. I don’t know if we caught him on a bad day, but I left feeling completely belittled. I’m sure he has enough patients that he doesn’t care he left one mom in tears, but I’ll be taking my kids elsewhere from now on.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2019

I used to think Dr. Connor was the best. My child is the 2nd generation in the family he has seen. Yes, he's really good at giving vaccines very quickly and to the point, before the child knows what's happening. Still hurts after but that's to be expected. He smiles and greets patients when he walks in the door. Tries to be respectful to the children while examining them. But that's as much as I can say. Throughout the years, he has brushed off concerns, disagreed and ignored critical concerns and family history information. When I tried to alert him about my daughter banging her head and screaming in what appeared to be agony at unexpected random times he just looked at me and didn't say anything. I told him it wasn't normal temper tantrums because it seemed she was in real pain and then she was calm down like nothing happened seconds later. This was when she was a baby. A public health nurse witnessed one episode and said she agreed it was not normal. When her development started slowing considerably and got recommendations from the public health nurse only then the ball started rolling on assessments and answers. Other than that, yearly check ups were quick and I used think things were just fine until recently we saw a sub Dr. for her check up. This sub was very thorough and was not only informing me of some vital health concerns but actually gave suggestions on how to fix it and informed us of what was happening and why. I didn't feel like I was a bad parent or stupid like I have with Dr. Connor. At times I feel Dr. Connor looks at me like an uneducated, poor parent. When my daughter needed a specialist he gave us a referral. We attended appointments but it was brought to his attention that we were hard to get a hold of. I called the specialist and found they were given the wrong number so of course I received no phone calls. I didn't give them number in the first place but Dr. Connor kept blaming me for giving them the wrong number and lectured me. He wouldn't even consider my side of the story. I felt like a little kid. I don't know if he's always been this way but I think he may be needing to retire soon. I'm not saying that he's terrible. Perhaps he does judge a parent by the looks, income status, education, age, who knows. But I see my situation with him is not too unique. But I'm sure others have had a good experience. Perhaps they just have had worse like I have. That's why I can't say he's completely bad. But maybe is just getting tired of his job.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2019

Just amazing !!! Very friendly and kind. Very puntual .

flag | Submitted August 1, 2019

Such an amazing doctor. My kids love him. Always easy to get into see him

flag | Submitted July 10, 2019

He was my pediatrician, and now he takes care of my daughter! It's a privilege to have him as our doctor.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2019

Doctor Connor is absolutely amazing! He is very knowledgeable and helpful. My son was in the hospital and he visited us every day. He is a fantastic doctor!

flag | Submitted May 3, 2019

Dr. David Connor's Credentials

• University of Manitoba (Grad. 1974)

UnitedHealthcare