Ratings for Dr. P. Antoni Bekasiak

I saw this doctor when i was having sharp chest pains and trouble breathing and he was very condescending and did not take me seriously at all. He suggested that maybe my BRA WAS TOO TIGHT. He is very unprofessional, unhelpful, and frankly a disgrace to the profession

flag | Submitted November 2, 2016

I went to TMC with heart palpitations and difficulty beeathing knowing they had an EKG on site. When I arrived at 431pm I was told the Office with the EKG was closed. The doctor rushed me ahead of everyone and came into the room to "assess" me. He asked me if I have a history of heart or thyroid issues. I said no. He asked if anyone had taken my blood pressure? I told him no but that I had been at the midwife this morning and my BP was 110/70, I also stayed the issues with the palpitations weren't happening this morning. He recorded that as my BP and never bothered to check it at that time. He took out his stethoscope and listened to my heart. Asked me how far along I was in my pregnancy, told me my heart rate was erratic. He then told me right there without any investigation that I had Atrial Fibrillation and needed a beta blocker. He explained NOTHING to me and instead began harping on my weight. I asked him if I could take a beta blocker in pregnancy. At this point he decided to have me take myself to the hospital. I left to drive myself feeling scared and having heart palpitations. When in the ER the did blood work and 2 EKGs the first was normal and the second showed a PVC (extra or skipped beats in the heart) I was referred to a cardiologist for assessment and to wear a heart monitor. This doctor saw someone who was overweight and carelessly misdiagnosed them and would prescribed a medication not knowing the effects. Stay away from TMC doctors!

flag | Submitted October 6, 2016

My experience with this DR leaves me thinking he needs to retire or get some anti-aging regiment going on for his career and personal life. Why? Because he seems to be very forgetful often, leaves important details off forms, and completely forgets to get your blood pressure, temperature measured especially for illnesses. Please DR, you dont have to retire because of this, but I think you need to rejuvenate your body/mind.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2016

I have been seeing this Dr because my original retired. He would not of been my choice.After seeing a specialist for a thyroid disorder which I had to fight to get found out he put me into toxic shock twice nearly killing me.!! I wish there were more Doctors accepting patents i would of left long ago

flag | Submitted June 28, 2016

I have been a patient with Dr.Bekasiak for a year. He has been the soul of compassion, kindness and understanding. I do not sit and wait for hours, as one does in most doctor's offices. He is a rare breed of physician...one who knows what he is doing and consults with the patient in every aspect of the treatment. I have had excellent physicians in Toronto, New England and New York, and he is right up there with them. All I can talk about is his treatment of me, and that has been first rate.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2015

A friend of mine went to see this doctor due to chest pain. Instead of sending my friend to the hospital for some tests he prescribed him medication. My friend had a heart attack later that day and died. I wouldn't recommend this doctor to my worst enemy!

flag | Submitted February 24, 2015

This doctor should not be working, he is telling clients false information and seems to be a rush. He also seems to charge you for things you don't even need, maybe they should hire a doctor who actually examines and fixes problems.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2015

I have taken my 2 year old to see him twice the second time because he was my only option being open late on a Sunday. He looked at my baby told me that he would get over it by himself so I took him home, my son got sicker and sicker till I took him to a new clinic and was told that he had a severe ear infection & lung infection. dr.bekasiak didn't ever check my child's ears when we took him! He barley checked him over. I am so disappointed in the compassion of this doctor. I will never take him back again.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2015

Don't know what everyone is talking about, this man is quite amazing and has been my doctor since I was a young boy. He's always taken care of me and is good on his appointment times. I've never felt rushed out of his office and never had an issue when it came to multiple problems. He's not a pediatric doctor and his practice is to use the least amount of medicine as possible, so if you want your child to be pampered and given medication go see a walk in doctor. People sometimes forget that doctors are also humans so don't treat them like an ant under a microscope.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2014

My wife took our 17 month old to see Dr. Bekasiak because she hadn't been herself. Her sleep schedule was off, she was eating much less than normal, and she had been running a low grade fever for a couple days. Dr. Bekasiak offered no support or guidance after barely looking at our daughter. He questioned how he would even be able to diagnose her because she was so upset, as if to suggest he can't effectively evaluate kids. Dr. Bekasiak proceeded to allege that my wife was there to just get a script for our little one and that he wouldn't give us anything for her. In reality, he didn't even look at her to determine if medication was needed. Dr. Bekasiak questioned my wife's judgement to bring our daughter to see the doctor, stating that she was an overreactive first time mom. This was judgemental and inconsiderate. My wife left and scheduled the first available appt with our pediatrician who later confirmed that our daughter had a severe infection and needed antibiotics.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2014