Ratings for Dr. Sheila Scott

I have been a patient of Sheila's for A very long time. I started to see her at Westbrook when she was still single with no children. I was happy to see her return to practice in Montgomery. I was one of her first patients at her new office. Sheila has been wonderful through the years. I feel I can talk to her about any medical concerns I have. She drove me to the hospital herself when I was at my lowest. I love her not only as my doctor but also a supportive ,& caring friend. Even when her patient load was full she took on my husband. He respects her opinion & listens to her advice. We feel truly blessed to have her as our GP Her assistants are very friendly and empathetic.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr .Scott for many years ,as was my mom. She is very professional and a great listener. To this day she still asks how things are without my Mom. Don't know what I will do if she retires. Sheila T

flag | Submitted January 20, 2017

Dr. Sheila Scott has been my family doctor for over 20 years and I trust her judgement and advice. Doreen :)

flag | Submitted January 18, 2017

I have never met a more unprofessional and insensitive doctor who laughs at her patient's problems. Please avoid seeing her if possible.

Submitted May 4, 2016

Very good listener and knowledgeable, willing to use a variety of approaches to solve medical problems.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2016

I have been a patient of Sheila's for nearly 25 years. I trust her advise. I like the fact that she refers you to a specialist if she doesn't know what the issue is. In addition, she doesn't just throw pills at you to fix things. You only get pills if you need them.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2016

I absolutely love Dr Scott. She take the time you need, is a genuine caring, compassionate doctor. There is rarely a wait time to see her. She is a great listener and never makes you feel bad for asking her questions. She is my whole families doctor and we all feel the same about her. All of us feel very fortunate to have such a wonderful family doctor

flag | Submitted January 14, 2016

In my opinion, GP's have one of the most difficult jobs in the medical profession. They have to know something about every speciality in order to determine symptoms and next steps. My family has been with Dr. Scott for many years and she is brilliant in investigating and referring to the necessary specialists. She has noticed subtle tell tales and sought proper action. The staff has been amazing in keeping our medical records and appointments in order even with some of the complicated conditions requiring many specialist consultations. When expressing a health concern when trying to book an appointment, we have been scheduled within a day or two. Doctors in Calgary are overloaded with patients in general and appointments may run late on occasion, but I would rather wait to see a doctor that doesn't rush patients out of the office (hence appointments run late). I have never waited in her office to see her as long as I have waited in an emergency department to see a doctor.The expectation of an appointment that is on time and a waiting room that is not crowded is an unrealistic expectation in our current health care system. We are thankful for her personal service despite those challenges.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2015

I have seen Dr. Scott since 1994 and she has been a fantastic. I have been through a lot and can count on her to be my Dr. and advocate. If you have concerns or questions she is more than happy to answer what questions she can or find someone that will be able to. The staff she has have been wonderful to me and deserve a high five as well for their assistance in Dr. Scott's success.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2015

I have been very pleased with Dr. Scott's attention to any health issues and promptly orders relevant tests. She takes health irregularities seriously. She also has good backup for after hours. She is compassionate and empathetic and gives life style recommendations when appropriate. I am an adult male and feel very comfortable with her.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2015