Ratings for Dr. Sheila Scott

I have never met a more unprofessional and insensitive doctor who laughs at her patient's problems. Please avoid seeing her if possible.

Submitted May 4, 2016

Very good listener and knowledgeable, willing to use a variety of approaches to solve medical problems.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2016

I have been a patient of Sheila's for nearly 25 years. I trust her advise. I like the fact that she refers you to a specialist if she doesn't know what the issue is. In addition, she doesn't just throw pills at you to fix things. You only get pills if you need them.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2016

I absolutely love Dr Scott. She take the time you need, is a genuine caring, compassionate doctor. There is rarely a wait time to see her. She is a great listener and never makes you feel bad for asking her questions. She is my whole families doctor and we all feel the same about her. All of us feel very fortunate to have such a wonderful family doctor

flag | Submitted January 14, 2016

In my opinion, GP's have one of the most difficult jobs in the medical profession. They have to know something about every speciality in order to determine symptoms and next steps. My family has been with Dr. Scott for many years and she is brilliant in investigating and referring to the necessary specialists. She has noticed subtle tell tales and sought proper action. The staff has been amazing in keeping our medical records and appointments in order even with some of the complicated conditions requiring many specialist consultations. When expressing a health concern when trying to book an appointment, we have been scheduled within a day or two. Doctors in Calgary are overloaded with patients in general and appointments may run late on occasion, but I would rather wait to see a doctor that doesn't rush patients out of the office (hence appointments run late). I have never waited in her office to see her as long as I have waited in an emergency department to see a doctor.The expectation of an appointment that is on time and a waiting room that is not crowded is an unrealistic expectation in our current health care system. We are thankful for her personal service despite those challenges.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2015

I have seen Dr. Scott since 1994 and she has been a fantastic. I have been through a lot and can count on her to be my Dr. and advocate. If you have concerns or questions she is more than happy to answer what questions she can or find someone that will be able to. The staff she has have been wonderful to me and deserve a high five as well for their assistance in Dr. Scott's success.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2015

I have been very pleased with Dr. Scott's attention to any health issues and promptly orders relevant tests. She takes health irregularities seriously. She also has good backup for after hours. She is compassionate and empathetic and gives life style recommendations when appropriate. I am an adult male and feel very comfortable with her.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2015

I can't say enough about Dr Scott. She had been a blessing to myself and my family. She is so knowledgeable and compassionate and I trust her completely. She took over the care of my son and my husband and they are amazed at the difference in care as well. I am so grateful to have her and her staff are fabulous. Thank you so much!!

flag | Submitted December 5, 2014

I would just like to take the opportunity to thank Dr. Scott and her staff (Rayann), for their help and support during a very difficult time in my life. Dr. Scott is very compassionate and always takes the time to listen. I have been a patient for many years and will stay with Dr. Scott until she retires. H.Oliver

flag | Submitted November 12, 2014

Dr. Scott became my doctor through a work place injury. I was being harried, bullied and intimidated to go back to work too early according to my employer’s medical enforcers. Dr. Scott looked after me and protected me by defended my case giving me the much needed time to heal. As the only income for my family I was terrified about being fired. But I was broken and needed to heal; some other co-workers with similar injuries were not so lucky and were forced to go back too early, which lead to re-injury, getting layoff then getting let go! I recovered just like Dr. Scott said I would in the time she said it would take and almost 20 years later I’m still working! Thank you Dr. Scott. For shielding me and my family from the wolves while I was at my weakest and most desperately vulnerable state.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2014