Ratings for Dr. Emma Wakim

First time seeing her. I had my pregnancy with another dr in her office whose not accepting any gyn patients so got referred to dr wakim. My female parts are a bit more difficult and she was able to help me out amd told me all my options and said lets start with this and when results come back from the 2 tests we will talk about next steps. Long wait almost 90 min but very informative

flag | Submitted July 11, 2018

I wanted to add this positive comment cause a lot of negative ones almost scared me off. I feel lucky I decided to choose her regardless. I am high risk and have complications during my pregnancy. But Dr. Wakim has been so nice and helpfully! She eased my concern each time I saw her. She knows exactly what I wanted. She has very little time but will still answer all my questions without rushing it. I would definitely recommend her to my friends and co-workers.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2018

I am currently 32 weeks pregnant with my second child. I had to take a trip into the ER at Grand river hospital where they sent me up to the maternity ward, just to check my sons vitals. Dr. Wakim is NOT my obgyn, but because my obgyn wasn't on call, I had to deal with this mean, cold hearted, uneducated woman. I've had self confidence issues my whole life due to weight, Dr. Wakim proceeded to say in front of two student nurses, my mother and I that I am a "poster child for diabetes". Little does she know, with my last pregnancy I gained over 100 pounds. This pregnancy , I have done so well and tried so hard to keep my weight under control. I've gained 18 pounds in 7 months. Anyhow I do NOT recommend this ob to ANYONE.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2018

Dr. Wakim has been wonderful. Yes she can fall behind and wait times can last up to 1.5 hrs at the worst days but no matter how long you wait you will be cared for. She is very nice and understanding as well as knowledgeable in her practice that helps many of us through tough times that we all go through. I would recommend her to anyone who needed a OBGYN.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2018

Dr. Wakim was kind to me during a routine c-section with my daughter and I will never forget that. Yes, the wait times are long in her clinic. That is quite unfortunate, however her expertise and experience with c sections and more complicated pregnancies is amazing and to me that is more important than a wait time. Expect her to get right to the point in your meetings and bring a list of items to discuss to stay on topic.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2018

In my 3rd trimester I told Dr.Wakim that I hadn't slept in 3 days because my heartburn was so bad that when I played down I was in too much pain to sleep. She replied "Well you aren't working so I don't know what I can do." I had to tell her to prescribe heartburn medicine. When I explained that I'm prone to Anemia and asked how much Iron I should take, she said "Take as much as you want - you're pregnant."

flag | Submitted April 18, 2018

When I was 39 Weeks pregnant with my daughter, I had to be induced due to health issues. Dr. Wakim was the doctor on call in the evening. I had been informed by the previous OB on call that I would likely need a C-section due to not progressing at all and my baby being up too high and too big. Dr Wakim was super nice and calm. She helped me decide what would be best for me and my baby, after already being in labour for 14 hours, we made the decision together to go forward with a C-section. She not only delivered my baby safely and gently but she made sure that my healing process would be quick and painless. I am very happy with her.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2018

Dr. Wakim is very pleasant and took the time to explain what was to come. Very considerate. Although I did not wait long she appologized that I waited.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2018

Dr. Wakim is an extremely knowledgeable OB/GYN. She was there to delivery my son. During this time she was very supportive and helped me through the process. Even though her wait times as extensive, I would recommend her in heartbeat !

flag | Submitted March 13, 2018

I have mixed feelings about Dr. Waking. I do find that you alwaysssssss have to wait forever to see her as she is always running behind. Although maybe it's not her fault as I am sure patients are late sometimes and it just snowballs. The thing is that I have to take time off work to make her appointments and I find it annoying to get off early for nothing because then I have to wait for Wakim usually at least an hour. I do despise the receptionist here as they are all super rude. Every time I need to talk to them i dread it. I do admit Wakim does seem to know what she's talking about. Sometimes she explains things too fast but I wouldn't really change her as my doctor. She has helped me with a female.problem for a while and I appreciate that.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2018