Ratings for Dr. Emma Wakim

This is my first time writing a comment on Google. The reason is in the following. I hesitated to go and see her after reading the earlier comments. However, I found Dr.Wakim quite helpful and knowledgeable. I was surprised today to experience how kind and nice she is, and even being sorry just being late for maybe 10 minutes. My family doctor referred me to Dr. Wakim after I have been diagnosed for PCOS. I found all the answers to my questions, and hence I can suggest her to anyone looking for an OBGYN. If you know your concern well and have enough knowledge to ask your questions to direct her, I can say that your questions will be answered by her with all confident. I wish you all have a healthy life with all your beloved ones.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2017

The wait times are terrible and there is nothing to entertain children for the hours-long wait. You feel rushed the entire time, by both the nurse and the doctor. Dr. Wakim never took the time to get to know about my pregnancy and never examined me. I do not trust her to deliver my child as she does not take the time to get to know the patient or patient's desires. It is my first pregnancy in this province and it has been a poor experience because of Dr. Wakim and staff.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2017

Dr. Wakum delivered my daughter and it was the most traumatic experience of my life. I explicitly asked not to deliver on my back because that is the worst way to deliver a baby and was told that she wouldn't help unless I got on my back. She cut my daughter's cord when her head was out even though I had asked for delayed cord clamping and "accidentally" cut me in the process. Then when my daughter shoulder got stuck, instead of trying to turn her or try a different pushing position, she pulled on her head and almost severed her nerves on the left side of her neck and her whole left arm was paralized. We're still doing physio for her to regain full movement of her arm. Afterwards she put a catheter in without telling me in order to stitch up where she had accidentally cut me. I had an un-medicated delivery so I felt everything and was given no warning that she was going to shove a catheter in me. I had to ask what she was doing since who tears up near their urethra? It was only after I yelled in pain and asked what was going on did she admit to cutting me. As she was leaving, a nurse came in and said another woman in labour who had a midwife needed to be transferred into her care and she scoffed and basically called this women useless. Oh and she called me a week and a half post partum to check in and tell me that she knows when she pulls too hard and she wasn't taking any responsibility for my daughter's injury. And I should just have a C-section next time. To sum up - she injured me, injured my daughter, was rude, wouldn't listen to my wants, called me a week and a half post partum and told me it was all my fault, and talked poorly of another patient in front of me.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2017

I cannot say enough good things about Dr Wakim. Yes, when you see her, you should generally expect to wait 2 hours and sometimes more. She is a specialist who holds hours at the hospital, including an early pregnancy assessment clinic which she essentially volunteers her time for. Aside from that, Dr Wakim has been an incredibly knowledgeable and supportive caregiver for me. My first pregnancy (which was with a midwife) resulted in my full term baby dying, and Dr Wakim happened to be on the hospital floor when I went in and did my emergency c-section. She provided very compassionate postpartum care during that difficult period, and has been wonderful during my current pregnancy. She always takes the time to answer my questions and has followed up on all my requests for extra monitoring, even if it is just to ease my anxiety. If your pregnancy is low risk you might want to look elsewhere simply because of the amount of time you will end up spending in her office waiting room, but otherwise I highly recommend her based on my experiences.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

She is the worse OBGYN... She has no respect for your time and she can be very unprofessional. On average you wait 2+ hours to see her. When I have seen her, she has made unkind remarks about the midwife clinic and the midwife I chose to see instead. Do yourself a favour and go get a different OB GYN!

flag | Submitted June 9, 2017

I have nothing but good things to say about Dr. Wakim. She was knowledgable, compassionate and personable throughout my entire pregnancy and at my postpartum checkups. I was certainly anxious throughout my pregnancy (which first time Mom isn't?) and she always made time to answer my questions. She never rushed me or made me feel foolish - and for that I'm really grateful. Previous posters have mentioned the long waits at her office and that without a doubt is the case. Expect to wait at least at 30 min (once I waited three hours to see her). But, that said, for a doctor like Dr. Wakim I have no problem waiting a few hours to see. She's worth it.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2017

I have been to see about 6 gynos before requesting to go back to dr wakim. She is an amazing doctor. She doesnt make me feel foolish for being in pain. She took the time to read my file and actually give a conclusive diagnosis.. which 6 orher doctors refused to do. She is helping me the nest she can and when one thing doesnt work shes ready to try a different approach. She has compassion to my situation and does the best she can to help me. I saw her first 10 years ago when i was 16 and pregnant and shes the onlynperson who didnt berate me for being so young. She was very helpful. And although she was present at the delivery she was for my second baby when she wasnt even my doctor then. She didnt push me to have an epidural like the previous doctor that was on call did. She took action when needed when my daughter was at risk during the labour and she was born naturally and healthy!. I would highly recommend her to anyone and everyone.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2017

I met Dr. Wakim at the Early Pregnancy Unit at the GRH when I was going through a miscarriage. I met with her twice, and each time she was very cold and standoff-ish. I know I was going through something very emotional, but she showed no compassion towards my situation and made me feel silly for being in pain. The second time I met her, when she told me the heartbeat was no longer there, she brought me in and was on her phone for 3 minutes than proceeded to talk to me. Why bring me in if you're just going to ignore a patient? I'm sure she is smart and an ok OB, but in future pregnancies I will be asking for anyone but her because of her personality and compassion.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2017

I was told by KW Midwives that they wouldn't be able to care for me due to health issues with my baby. They referred me to see Dr.Wakim. She made me feel better about not being able to have a midwife like I wanted. The wait was always long so I got smart and started to bring food with me. The good news is the waiting room chairs are comfortable. The day my son was born Dr.Wakim was not on call, but she came to the hospital to check on me anyhow. I find her personable, confidant and polite. Dr.Wakim also has a great sense of humour.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2017

Never on time. Always looks tired and sleepy and yawns all the time. It is all.about money

flag | Submitted January 16, 2017