Ratings for Dr. Emma Wakim

I had an emergency c-section that i still have ptsd and complications from 2 years later. It is in your best interest to refuse care from this doctor. She is overworked and burnt out.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2017

I had a miscarriage at 11weeks pregnant. Went to the ER at grand river. Dealt with my family doctor for the next 3 weeks for weekly blood work and ultra sounds but was called back to Grand River Early Pregnancy unit for a follow up at 4weeks with Dr Wakim. (when my family doctor happened to be away for a week). Dr Wakim prescribed me misoprostol rather than having a D & C to clear the contents of my uterus. The misoprostol caused me to nearly bleed out and ended up going to the ER again but this time by ambulance. I then spent 3 days in the hospital and ended up having a D & C anyway on the 2nd night! The ER doctor said I had been too far along for misoprostol to work which caused me to just continually bleed and go through a day of agony. No pain, but fainting literally anytime I got up which is why I went to the hospital via ambulance. To top it all off, a week after being released from the hospital, Dr Wakim forced me to go to her office for my, say, 10th round of blood work meanwhile I had been going to life labs via my family doctor for the past 9times. Meanwhile my family doctor was not done sending me for blood work. Dr Wakim was just trying to take over for her own personal gain. Dr Wakim's staff were rude and cold both in person and over the phone. The one time Dr Wakim took my blood she left me sitting in the chair, no bandaid to stop bleeding ect. Life labs does a better job than her. Dr Wakim even had the nerve to say "your family doctor wasn't doing anything about your miscarriage." My doctor then informed me she only prescribes it to people if they want a trip to the emergency room. Dr Wakim booked me for a 2nd blood work appointment which I chose not to go to. I hope I do not end up with her in the hospital to deliver my baby in January 2018. I do not trust her judgement.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2017

I had her 9 years ago to deliver my first baby. As everyone else mentioned the wait time was several hours. I would not mind that if I felt the doctor was actually good. I don't have much positive feedback about her. She would rush in and out, no time to answer anything, was dismissive about everything without actually taking the time to listen.....terrible bedside manner. If there ever was any ounce of caring it always seemed forced. Would not recommend her to anyone. With my next child I asked specifically to not have her.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2017

This is my first time writing a comment on Google. The reason is in the following. I hesitated to go and see her after reading the earlier comments. However, I found Dr.Wakim quite helpful and knowledgeable. I was surprised today to experience how kind and nice she is, and even being sorry just being late for maybe 10 minutes. My family doctor referred me to Dr. Wakim after I have been diagnosed for PCOS. I found all the answers to my questions, and hence I can suggest her to anyone looking for an OBGYN. If you know your concern well and have enough knowledge to ask your questions to direct her, I can say that your questions will be answered by her with all confident. I wish you all have a healthy life with all your beloved ones.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2017

The wait times are terrible and there is nothing to entertain children for the hours-long wait. You feel rushed the entire time, by both the nurse and the doctor. Dr. Wakim never took the time to get to know about my pregnancy and never examined me. I do not trust her to deliver my child as she does not take the time to get to know the patient or patient's desires. It is my first pregnancy in this province and it has been a poor experience because of Dr. Wakim and staff.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2017

Dr. Wakum delivered my daughter and it was the most traumatic experience of my life. I explicitly asked not to deliver on my back because that is the worst way to deliver a baby and was told that she wouldn't help unless I got on my back. She cut my daughter's cord when her head was out even though I had asked for delayed cord clamping and "accidentally" cut me in the process. Then when my daughter shoulder got stuck, instead of trying to turn her or try a different pushing position, she pulled on her head and almost severed her nerves on the left side of her neck and her whole left arm was paralized. We're still doing physio for her to regain full movement of her arm. Afterwards she put a catheter in without telling me in order to stitch up where she had accidentally cut me. I had an un-medicated delivery so I felt everything and was given no warning that she was going to shove a catheter in me. I had to ask what she was doing since who tears up near their urethra? It was only after I yelled in pain and asked what was going on did she admit to cutting me. As she was leaving, a nurse came in and said another woman in labour who had a midwife needed to be transferred into her care and she scoffed and basically called this women useless. Oh and she called me a week and a half post partum to check in and tell me that she knows when she pulls too hard and she wasn't taking any responsibility for my daughter's injury. And I should just have a C-section next time. To sum up - she injured me, injured my daughter, was rude, wouldn't listen to my wants, called me a week and a half post partum and told me it was all my fault, and talked poorly of another patient in front of me.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2017

I cannot say enough good things about Dr Wakim. Yes, when you see her, you should generally expect to wait 2 hours and sometimes more. She is a specialist who holds hours at the hospital, including an early pregnancy assessment clinic which she essentially volunteers her time for. Aside from that, Dr Wakim has been an incredibly knowledgeable and supportive caregiver for me. My first pregnancy (which was with a midwife) resulted in my full term baby dying, and Dr Wakim happened to be on the hospital floor when I went in and did my emergency c-section. She provided very compassionate postpartum care during that difficult period, and has been wonderful during my current pregnancy. She always takes the time to answer my questions and has followed up on all my requests for extra monitoring, even if it is just to ease my anxiety. If your pregnancy is low risk you might want to look elsewhere simply because of the amount of time you will end up spending in her office waiting room, but otherwise I highly recommend her based on my experiences.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

She is the worse OBGYN... She has no respect for your time and she can be very unprofessional. On average you wait 2+ hours to see her. When I have seen her, she has made unkind remarks about the midwife clinic and the midwife I chose to see instead. Do yourself a favour and go get a different OB GYN!

flag | Submitted June 9, 2017

I have nothing but good things to say about Dr. Wakim. She was knowledgable, compassionate and personable throughout my entire pregnancy and at my postpartum checkups. I was certainly anxious throughout my pregnancy (which first time Mom isn't?) and she always made time to answer my questions. She never rushed me or made me feel foolish - and for that I'm really grateful. Previous posters have mentioned the long waits at her office and that without a doubt is the case. Expect to wait at least at 30 min (once I waited three hours to see her). But, that said, for a doctor like Dr. Wakim I have no problem waiting a few hours to see. She's worth it.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2017

I have been to see about 6 gynos before requesting to go back to dr wakim. She is an amazing doctor. She doesnt make me feel foolish for being in pain. She took the time to read my file and actually give a conclusive diagnosis.. which 6 orher doctors refused to do. She is helping me the nest she can and when one thing doesnt work shes ready to try a different approach. She has compassion to my situation and does the best she can to help me. I saw her first 10 years ago when i was 16 and pregnant and shes the onlynperson who didnt berate me for being so young. She was very helpful. And although she was present at the delivery she was for my second baby when she wasnt even my doctor then. She didnt push me to have an epidural like the previous doctor that was on call did. She took action when needed when my daughter was at risk during the labour and she was born naturally and healthy!. I would highly recommend her to anyone and everyone.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2017