Ratings for Dr. Darrell Pugh

He is such a wonderful doctor but trying to get an appointment can be difficult and trying to be seen at your appointment time is even more difficult; I had to switch doctors for this reason. Anytime I had an appointment I would be there for an average of 2+ hours.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2016

The problem with prescriptions are often misunderstood by patients. Just because you and or your doctor wants a prescription does not guarantee the patient's insurance company will allow them to get the prescription. There are no faxes anymore all medications are sent electronically via computer, so no faxes to get lost. If your insurance company denies your prescription, then a prior authorization must be done which can take time. The insurance company may still deny the drug.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2015

I have had repeated problems with Dr. Pugh's office in losing prescription refill faxes and other requests from pharmacies. Twice refill requests for an Rx was lost, apparently, the first time for 4 weeks the second for 6 weeks. The front desk tells you that you cannot have any refills without seeing the doctor in a visit, when I have seen him in the last few weeks. Now a prior authorization request that BC/BS requires for a new Rx has gotten into the black hole. The pharmacy faxed the request on 28 Nov 12 and I confirmed this was done. In checking on the status on 04 Nov 12 I find out they had not done anything and swear that they never received the request. BC/BS has logs showing that the Drs office received the forms on 05 Dec and just now 07 Dec they act after I do the work in finding out what the BC/BS office had. The nurse calls and tells me I am wrong about the dates and that they have not lost anything. I am finding another doctor now.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2012

I started seeing Dr. Pugh 2 years ago when moving to Pensacola. He is a good doctor, but when I called for an appointment last month, it took 4 weeks to get an appointment. Now, the office just called today and because the doctor is going to be gone on the day my appointment was for I had to be rescheduled. The first available is not for another 6 weeks! My husband had already sought out a different doctor after dealing with Dr. Pugh's scheduling problems and I am another patient who will have to seek out a different doctor, which is a pain in the neck. The staff also has it's problems. One time they forgot to give the doctor my message, which was pain from a herniated disk in my back. I had to wait the weekend and then try calling again on Monday, and they noted my message on my chart, but couldn't explain why I never got a return call from the nurse on the Friday I called. Office waiting time runs about 2 hours, so that is another issue. Try another doctor.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2012

I find Dr. Pugh very professional at all times. i have several health issues and he has always found a good solution tomy problems. I would recommend him 100%!

flag | Submitted November 22, 2010

I like this doctor. I am very healthy and do not need major treatment, but he and his staff have been very helpful and attentive.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2008