Ratings for Dr. Jeanne Eckert

A very bad experience with my particular problem, she had very little knowledge of how to treat it. I felt humiliated and shame. She was not friendly not a good patient doctor relationship. I so dreaded going back to be humiliated again and found another doctor, so happy I did.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2017

I would give Dr. Eckert 0/5 stars. This was my first pregnancy and I was considered high risk. Dr. Eckert was not very friendly, very nonchalant, and when asked any question gave a very brief explanation. I was 35 weeks pregnant, high risk, I complained about having contractions and she said that it was normal, she did not check me and that day I delivered 5 weeks early. She did not delivery my child and did not contact me until 4 days later! She did not even congratulate me! HORRIBLE doctor and practice!

flag | Submitted March 21, 2017

Dr. Jeannie Eckert is my obgyn. She did my tvh and did an excellent job. It has been 6 months post op and I feel 100% better!.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2017

After 18+ years of being a patient, I was dismissed from the practice because I would not sign a form that stated, "In the case that my doctor is unavailable, I am willing to see any of the following: (list of doctors at the practice)." I didn't want to sign this form because I am not comfortable with male doctors for gynecology. I was told by the receptionist that I "had" to sign this form, so I signed it stated that I was only to see Dr. Eckert. Because of our long history, I wanted to only be seen by her. At my appointment, she spent several minutes explaining why I should sign the form. I still was not comfortable, but told her I would think about it. A few days later, I received a notice that I was dismissed from the practice because my doctor felt as if the physician-patient relationship was not as it should be. Really? After 18+ years of being a patient? Unfortunately, my loyalty to my Dr was not a two-way street.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2015

Dr Eckert may have a plethora of knowledge in her brain but she does not share it with others! I am a first time mom and have always done my research, read books and took classes but any time I had a question or wanted to know where she stood in supporting or opposing a certain view, she would kind of shrug it off and be like "yea, maybe", "well..." or an occasional "I agree". Never once did she made me feel confident or comfortable in her abilities as a professional. I had a very complicated pregnancy and she did not show much concern for any thing. I was seen the same scheduled visits of a normal pregnancy and left on bedrest for 18+ weeks! After switching docs I learned how helpful an OB could be to help calm your fears of childbirth, or in my case of the unknown. And was told I would've never been put on bedrest for my complications, losing about 5 months worth of income. Some of the staff in the office is excellent and some of the staff is rude, unprofessional and downright not pleasant, none of which should be acceptable in that type of practice but I was a "special" case since I encountered these issues and others didn't. Nothing was done to remedy the situation and I was made to feel I was in the wrong. All in all, I would not recommend her as your OB if you are a first time mom, or if you plan on having complications during a pregnancy, they may not be on your plan, but she will make you feel that way! If I could turn back the hands of time, she would not be included in this oh so special time in my life!!

flag | Submitted October 31, 2014

Terrible experience with Dr. Eckert! I never could connect with her and I tried for years hoping it would get better, but when I went in for surgery with her to remove my endometriosis she left my tubes clogged and told me it was probably just her tools malfunctioning or something and for me not to worry! I reminded her I have had this surgery before and the doctor I used then said when they removed the endometriosis they found my tubes were clogged and had to unclog them. That is when Dr. Eckert told me well then your tubes probably are clogged. The worst part of this is while she is telling me all this she is shrugging her shoulders and throwing her hands up while saying "well" like she don't care! I don't like confrontation and I did not show her how upset I was, but I am going to find me a new doctor.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2014

Dr. Eckert was great! She seems to really take the time to get to know her patients and really cares for them. She and her staff always made sure that I was comfortable and well cared for. I had a run of the mill pregnancy (if there is such a thing!) but I never once felt like she wasn't paying attention to me because I didn't have any "issues" like I've heard some OB's do. Her practice is one of the best I've been to in regards to being on time. My whole pregnancy I only had to wait once or twice and it was a short wait. This is not the usual with OB/GYN's. I got an infection in my c-section incision that showed up 2 days after going home from the hospital, and Dr. Eckert had to perform a 2nd surgery. She was right there every day of my 8 day hospital stay to check on me. I would recommend her to anyone looking for an OB or GYN.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2012

Dr. Jeanne Eckert's Credentials

• Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans (Grad. 1990)