Ratings for Dr. Jason McWhirter

Dr. Mcwhiter has always been very approachable and friendly, and is quite genuine. I've been to him several times for skin checks, and he's knowledgeable and takes his time.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2015

I arrived on time for my filler appointment but the Dr. was 30mins late. Finally in the room, we talk about filler, and I'm ready to go for it. 2 hours later and the areas injected are swollen and I can see bruising. The next day, I looked like I had been smacked around. Hard. I couldn't believe how badly bruised I was. I had to take three days off work and wear HEAVY makeup to conceal the areas. Three weeks later at my f/u the bruising was faint, but still there. I expressed my disappointment to the Dr. and he really wasn't concerned. He said "we discussed this would happen". NO! What we discussed was some MINOR swelling and superficial bruising. What I experienced was much much worse then that. He told me to f/u in a few weeks with his nurse and left for another appointment, a really cold fish. The end results were unremarkable and a waste of money. His staff was rude to me when I told them how unhappy I was with my treatment, they, like their boss, didn't care either. I have since found a new Dr. who explained to me the problems with Dr. McWhirters injection techniques and why I bruised so badly. His staff are friendly, helpful and even called me a few days later at home to see how I was doing after my filler procedure. What a difference. If you're thinking of getting filler, stay away from Dr.McWhirter and don't make the mistake I did. BTW, ReNue filler prices are out to lunch compared to the clinic I go to now.

Submitted June 24, 2015

His staff is terrible. They are only nice and friendly to some people. He has left his family practice to be more in his own business. It is now very hard to get appoitments with him. I have been getting just other doctors. He has been on vacation constantly, no way to know if he had abandon his family practice. I liked him as a famly doctor, it is unfortunatly that he has preffer his business over the medical practice. Not sure what will happened with my treatment.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2015

I had to wait 35 mins over my booked time to see the good Dr. I had taken a few hours off of work, unpaid, so I could fit the appointment in. What a joke! I asked the receptionist several times when I would be seen and I could tell she was winging her answer because she didn't know either. Not her fault. I cannot imagine having to cover for your boss all day, 5 days a week is easy. She told me he was with another client but that wasn't true because all of the room doors were open and vacant. I had to pay an extra $6.00 on top of the $12.00 already spent to cover parking!!! I should have been given a refund for the parking cost. Finally Dr.McWhirter strolls in. No apology for being late, no introduction, nothing! We briefly discuss Botox Cosmetic and he acted like he was rushed, just wanted to inject me, get my money and get out. And can we talk about his breath please?? OMG, if you are going to work in an intimate manner with your clients, performing facial injections, brush your teeth after lunch or at least pop a breath mint. His breath was just nasty, I tried not to breath in while he injected. When he was done, he just walked out the door, no goodbye or thank you. REALLY??!! I just waited over an hour and spent $18 on parking to see you and I don't even get a thank you?? WOW! This guy apparently wants to stay in business, good luck with that. AWFUL EXPERIENCE!

flag | Submitted May 22, 2015

My biggest problem occurred when they moved their office. They had a big staff change and I have been so disappointed now when I go. The staff used to know my name , would take time to talk to me about not only about the procedure but about my life and theirs, and would even sometimes give me an extra "zap" in an area I needed. I gave these girls great tips! I have been going elsewhere as the customer service is extremely lacking when compared to how it used to be!

flag | Submitted April 27, 2015

I have to say, I've had injectable fillers done for a couple of years and have NEVER experienced bruising, but this is the 2nd time with Dr Whitcker and huge amount bruising, I really have to doubt he knows how to actually inject fillers!

flag | Submitted April 18, 2015

This man is amazing! I'm 36 but have the dark circles of an old lady under my eyes. Saw him and he recommended the filler. I did this under both eyes snd cheeks. Today I feel awesome! No more worrying about how my eyes look. Now I can go out without makeup and still feel great!

flag | Submitted February 12, 2015

Dr. Mcwhirter is an extremely knowledgeable and passionate skin care physician. I never felt like he was pushing a service for sales, but rather offers the most appropriate option to reach your goal. If you're looking for an exceptionally skilled, informed skin care specialist that is ahead of the game, Dr. Mcwhirter is the guy!

flag | Submitted November 6, 2014

After reading a few of the 'bad' reviews I have to say that I have serious doubts as to the accuracy or complete truthfulness of them. I have been a medical patient and cosmetic patient of Dr.McWhirters for over 8 years. I have been treated by the cosmetic nurse for over 6 years and never once have I ever experienced anything but complete professionalism. I have recommded friends of mine, who still go to ReNue for their treatments and they have nothing but good things to say and good experiences to share. I have had my brow drop once in the 7 years I have been getting Botox injections. I was fully informed that it might happen as I have a small forehead and it was advised that I don't do it, but I insisted. I should have listened to the nurse. I have also had Dysport injected, a competitor of Botox that has been available in Europe for years as well as the US. Never had a problem with it except that it doesn't last as long as Botox. One of the best things about ReNue is that there is no 'sales speal', no upselling, no product must haves etc. I have never felt pressured to buy or try anything I wasn't ready for. I personally dislike 'ranting' long winded reviews. When I have had any problems, my concerns have always been address professionally. You cannot satisfied everyone and some people are just angry about everything, doesn't matter what or who it is. You will not be dissapointed with ReNue. The staff are educated, knowledgable and will work with you no matter what your budget is.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2014

I am reaching "that" age where my face is beginning to show its age. Factors like sun damage, poor nutrition, smoking, etc. have me looking older than I really am. I have been apprehensive to do something that I thought would be drastic like botox and fillers. I was afraid I would look "plastic" or not like myself. I decided to go and visit Dr. McWhirter in Airdrie at ReNue. From the moment I walked in the door I felt instantly at ease. The place was clean and had a nice modern feel- not sterile like some doctors' offices can be. The receptionist (I think her name was Erin) was super friendly and helpful. I think she could tell I was nervous and she instantly put me at ease. I ended up getting botox in my forehead (to prevent further frown lines) and some filler in my "crow's feet" around my eyes. I am TERRIFIED of needles, but Dr. McWhirter was very gentle and I only felt a mild discomfort. I was afraid he would tell me I looked terrible and try to "upsell" me procedures that I didn't need. Not the case at all. It's been three months and I am very pleased with the results. People tell me I look great and want to know my secret. I feel like my face has had 5 years taken off of it. I would highly recommend this place!

flag | Submitted October 8, 2014

Dr. Jason McWhirter's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Jason McWhirter and the staff at ReNue specialize in the latest nonsurgical cosmetic options and skin care at their offices in Calgary and Airdrie. They offer a variety of treatments including Botox Cosmetic, microdermabrasion, filling agents and laser skin rejuvenation. Please visit their website for a complete list of services available.

• English