Ratings for Dr. Jason McWhirter

I had 8 moles lasered removed by Dr. McWhirter. I was not informed of the healing time (up to 8 weeks) or the high recurrence of pigment and occurrence of scarring. Of these 9 moles, all on my face, 7 returned within 2 months. The eighth one is gone, but left behind is a 5mm scar that looks like a cigarette burn. The original mole was only 2 mm. I would never recommend getting any moles removed by this physician. The service was very expensive ($1600) and has a very low success rate. Staff did offer to have the service repeated, but I declined, as I would rather have moles than cigarette burn scars.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2017

Had such an amazing experience at ReNue in Airdrie. The staff was exceptional, and was an overall wonderful experience and I will definitely be back.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2017

I have made numerous trips to the clinic in Airdre and have had exceptional service. I attended one of their events and was immediately hooked. The staff was very professional and knowledgable about products and the services they offered. I have been seen by both the doctor and the nurse for filler and Botox. I was really impressed by their approach - they asked me about my areas of concern and then we developed a plan unlike other clinics where they told me what needed to be done. I felt this approach was ideal as the filler and Botox was placed in my face to uplift and create change but not in a drastic way to draw attention. This was ideal for me and I highly recommend Dr. McWhirter and his excellent team.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2017

The ReNue clinic I visited was in Airdrie and I had the initial botox consultation with Dr. McWhirter and that was fine, no problems. A plump little blonde nurse performed the actual injections about a week later. When I walked into the treatment room the day of, I noticed the botox box was sitting on the counter. My assumption was that the nurse had set it out in preparation for my appointment, but when she left the room to "get" the Botox, and was gone for some time, I realized that this box had probably been sitting out in the open for awhile and clearly she was looking for it as she passed the room several times, going into other rooms. The nurse confirmed my suspicions when she finally found it in my room and said nothing about it. Botox is a temperature sensitive drug. If it's being taken from the fridge or freezer, left out for awhile and then goes back into the fridge/freezer, and then left out again etc. it can effect the potency. This is common knowledge amongst most Botox users. Her injections were fine but there was no follow up on what I needed to do afterwards and it the receptionist who informed me about a two week follow up appointment. There just seemed to be a lack of overall professionalism with this clinic. The botox being left out, no follow up information provided post injection, no follow up call a few days later, and an incredibly brief follow up appointment, I was in and out in about 5mins. As I suspected, the Botox didn't last the regular 3 months I usually get out of it. By month 2I could already see movement. I called the clinic and explained my concerns about the product being compromised and my impression was that the nurse was defensive and a bit arrogant about it all. I could have been a $600 every 3 months botox client for this clinic, but I won't be going back.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2017

Jason has been my personal physician for over 10 years and has been incredibly helpful in dealing with what he can and referring me to specialists as appropriate... His knowledge on every question I have thrown at him has demonstrated his diligence in staying current with medical practice on a wide variety of topics... 😀

flag | Submitted July 7, 2016

Dr. McWhirter was my family doctor whenI lived in Calgary and he is amazing. He offers many suggestions in treatment options to meet my needs even if it doesn't involve him. Jason wants the best for his patients and he makes it very clear.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2016

Less than a year ago I made an appointment to see dr. McWhirter for a consultation. 34 years previous to that I had had a full face lift but was beginning to feel that I could do with a bit of filling. I was thinking perhaps I would have to put out ut $1000 or maybe $1500. He looked at me and murmured something to the effect that I needed "so much work", it kind of stunned me. In the end, he offered to do what had to be done for between $3000 and $4000, but that it would last for 18 months, I went back to him after just a few months because I now had wrinkles on the right side of my face that I didn't have before his corrections. All he said was, "well, I don't know what could have caused that". He finally agreed to inject something that, I don't remember his exact words, but that wasn't among his most expensive alternatives. That lasted maybe 2 weeks. Having initially paid for fillers that would last a year and a half, they lasted maybe 5 months. I am utterly disenchanted with him and will never return. There have to be better alternatives.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2016

Dr. McWhirter is always running late and I'm sick of it! I bet this guy would show up late for his own funeral. I can understand and would even be accepting of 5-10 mins behind but 20-30 mins behind schedule every single time is too much. And what am I waiting for? A guy with the personality of limp fish who cannot be bothered to remember what I, his patient, am there to see him for. I have been a patient for over 5 years and put up with the constant schedule changes, booking physicals ONE YEAR in advance, his dwindling availability as he pursues his medical cosmetic practice. But enough now, either be a family Dr. or go inject Botox all day but make up your mind Dr.McWhirter. Patients that actually need you for the betterment of their health shouldn't be treated so poorly while you cater to the clients who pay you out of pocket. You're fired sir!! How his staff puts up with his nonsense is short of a miracle.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2016

Dr. McWhirter used to be a really skillful injector. I don't know what happened to him but I was really bruised afterwards and not happy about it. I saw him briefly for my follow up and honestly, he acted like he couldn't care a less. I have to save up for these treatments and I really feel like I wasted my hard earned money on a clinic/Dr. that doesn't seem to give a toss about his patients. Even his staff was so apathetic, what a huge disappointment.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2015

Jason has been my Doctor for some time. As an Insulin dependant Diabetic he has me on a complex care plan and has provided excellent service.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2015

Dr. Jason McWhirter's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Jason McWhirter and the staff at ReNue specialize in the latest nonsurgical cosmetic options and skin care at their offices in Calgary and Airdrie. They offer a variety of treatments including Botox Cosmetic, microdermabrasion, filling agents and laser skin rejuvenation. Please visit their website for a complete list of services available.

• English