Ratings for Dr. Jason McWhirter

The only thing he cares about is $$$. And he is so awkward. Happy I found a new Dr.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2019

Dr. McWhirter is a super friendly doctor who listens to your needs and who is extremely knowledgeable. I am extremely happy with the staff he has working alongside of him as well. I would highly recommend him along with any other staff member at ReNue.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2019

I am incredibly happy with every one of my experiences and interactions with Dr. McWhirter and his team at ReNue. I would gladly suggest him to any of my family and friends who would be interested in their services.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2019

I can honestly say Dr. Jason McWhirter is the worst Dermatologist I have ever been too. I have seen him 3 or 4 times at the Seton location since we moved there, and not once did I ever leave feeling good. I never had an issue with his staff or punctuality (like other reviews stated) but I found him very ignorant, unknowledgeable and less than caring for his patients. I came in seeking help with my acne and after explaining to him we want to get pregnant in August, he suggested both Birth Control and Accutane to me. I am no doctor but anyone with half a brain knows that if you want to get pregnant, these are both obviously not good choices. When I said that I didn't think these were good options for me basing off the fact I want to get pregnant (and I know you need to be off of these BOTH for a long period of time) he would make comments like 'oh, you have time'. Sorry, but I don't have time. His answers are always very rude, suggestive, and passive aggressive. After telling other doctors that he suggested both of these to me when I want to get pregnant in August, they told me that he clearly isn't listening to me, is very uncaring, and they were disgusted by his suggestions. For anyone who doesn't know, Accutane deforms a fetus, and you need to be off of it for at least a year before getting pregnant, so that truly shows how much he cares for his clients as my baby would be dead or deformed. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone and would rather drive to the other side of the city for an EDUCATED and POLITE Dermatologist.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2019

I saw Dr McWhirter several years ago to have 5 moles removed. During the produre, I felt a lot of pain on my stomach where two of the moles were he was removing. I could feel blood trickeling down my side but couldn’t see bc of the safety goggles. I told him of the pain and he applied more freezing. A few hours after the procedure, I was still in a lot of pain. When I returned home, I decided to take off the gauze to see why it hurts. Turns out I had 9 cigarette like burns from the lazer.... He dropped the lazer during the procedure and didn’t tell me. Just covered it up with gauze. I sent the clinic an email and they were wonderful. They had me come back in and provided me scar gel to help. During my follow up appointment, Dr. McWhirter never once acknowledged the mistake he made or apologized, which is all I wanted. Also during my follow up appointment, one of his employees told me several previous mistakes he had made. I would STRONGLY not recommend

flag | Submitted October 22, 2018

I had been a patient of Dr. McWhirter for over 10 years. I have new had a better doctor before in my life . He was always very understanding, that I could discuss anything with him. I would recommend him to anyone! Craig Honig

flag | Submitted October 11, 2018

I saw McWhirter for cosmetic issues, he did not inspire confidence in his abilities and because I was fairly knowledgeable about what I wanted due to prior bad experiences he became reluctant to treat me. Always go to someone, who profits from a persons insecurities, with as much knowledge and research as you can. Thank you RateMD

flag | Submitted January 20, 2018

Dr. McWhirter has always been taking good care for me and my family for about 10 years. However, his receptionist, Bev, is unprofessional and unpleasant and she should not be working with people.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2017

Dr. McWhirter has been my doctor for over 10 years and really like him and is very knowledgeable. His staff (Bev) is unprofessional, unfriendly and should not be working with the public.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2017

the clinic itself is nice, the staff is a little snotty/bored looking. Jason was very knowledgable but to be honest he offended me. asking if I had acne bad as a teen.. no? why? oh I see some scarring. we can fix that, also I see a bit of this and we can plump that up. came to like $3000 and I left feeling old saggy and uglier than before I went. he over charges and he made me feel like if I don't get all that done I won't look good, I am only 37. not 67. won't be going back.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2017

Dr. Jason McWhirter's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Jason McWhirter and the staff at ReNue specialize in the latest nonsurgical cosmetic options and skin care at their offices in Calgary and Airdrie. They offer a variety of treatments including Botox Cosmetic, microdermabrasion, filling agents and laser skin rejuvenation. Please visit their website for a complete list of services available.

• English