Ratings for Dr. James M. Talkington

I am a combat Airborne Army Ranger and now a government contractor. I had shoulder surgery recently. The initial correspondence and up to the surgery, I had no problems. After the surgery I was completely bewildered as to where my doctor went. I have never experienced a lack of professionalism and just human decency and care. Before the surgery I had a great feeling and understanding about what was to happen. After the surgery, Dr. Talkington turned into a completely different person. His communication skills after the surgery disappeared. I have never been so disappointed in a medical professional in all of my life. I have had several surgeries in the past 6 years and all of them here in Bay County ranging from a bowel resection to kidney cancer last year. This doctor may be a good surgeon, but his bedside manner is the very worst I have experienced in my life. If you have to have a major operation with a long recovery time, I suggest for your mental well being you find a different doctor to do your surgery. Worst experience ever and would NOT recommend this doctor to anyone I care about EVER!!!

flag | Submitted May 19, 2017

Dr. James M. Talkington is a total scumbag QUACK!

flag | Submitted April 18, 2017

Treated like a number or worse. Whole visit could not ask a question. Doctor spit out various possible causations and when I tried to ask a question he repeatedly said "I have a full plate". Worst bedside manner I have ever seen or had. Worked in a hospital for many years - we would have fired him for his total lack of bedside manner. Came away with no idea of what he said waiting on the notes now so my primary care provider can ACTUALLY DISCUSS them with me. Will never go back there - EVER. By the way, I am a retired combat vet and certainly do expect some respect and to be treated with some dignity and to have my questions answered. For this doctot that is apparently too much to ask. I could not give him a better rating on knowledge as he spit out several diagnosis or potential diagnosis and when I tried to follow up with a question to better understand was told "I have a full plate". Should have walked out on him.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2017

Staff is very friendly and helpful. Dr. Talkington is very thorough with his exams and caring.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2017

Not only does Dr. Talkington look like Kevin Spacey, but he's got a phenomenal attitude as well. I could not recommend any other ortho doctor in the Southeast United States more than I recommend Dr. Talkington. His staff is absolutely amazing, too. If I were living in a different part of the country and had an injury I needed taken care of, I would come back here to have Dr. Talkington work on me again.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2016

My expierence with Dr. Talkington was outstanding. He was very nice and understanding. All the staff in the office is very friendly. I found scheduling appointments very easy and quick. I called the office and they fit me in to next day. Once in the office I waited a very short time in the waiting room. Less then 10 mins. They had me back in a room and I saw Dr. Talkington not long after being in the room. Definitely recommend anyone needing an orthopedic surgeon or Doctor to go see him.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2016

Excellent doctor. Takes the time to get to know you. As others have said, he and his staff are very attentive and truly care about getting you better.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2015

Great staff & very attentive. The doctor is the best at knee surgery & has been wonderful & helpful before, during & after the surgery

flag | Submitted September 29, 2013

In my 3 appointments with Dr. Talkington, I never waited more than 10 minutes beyond my scheduled appointment time. Awesome results with my shoulder surgery and great staff!

flag | Submitted August 19, 2013

Very honest, smart, and capable. Has a fine reputation among former patients as a good Christian ! I trust this doctor !

flag | Submitted May 1, 2013

Dr. James M. Talkington's Credentials

• University Of Mississippi School Of Medicine (Grad. 1980)

MB Health