Ratings for Dr. Calvin L. Blount

Everything was very good. I was happy with my care.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2010

Doctor prescribed injection of Kenalog, had assistant give injection. Doctor failed to warn me of extremely disfiguring side effect possibility of injection site necrosis (tissue death), a common side effect of Kenalog injections. If I had known there was even a very small chance that my hip could cave in and wither and die I would never ever have had the shot. I only had a sore throat, it was not life or death. A few months after the injection I noticed a strange sunken spot on the side of my hip. It got worse as the months went by, and became discolored, a very light greenish white. It was on my bikini tan line and showed in a bathing suit and in addition to being 2 1/2 inches wide and I dont know how deep it would not tan. I went to my cosmetic surgeon who diagnosed it as "injection site necrosis", as after being injected with Kenalog people show up at the cosmetic surgery center for repair.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2009

Dr. Calvin L. Blount's Credentials

• LOUISIANA STATE UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINE IN SHREVEPORT (Grad. 1995)