Ratings for Dr. Dean E. Altenhofen

Excellent Dr. Bad staff need to get a better staff

flag | Submitted July 5, 2016

This Doctor is hand's down the best OB/GYN in Pensacola period..

flag | Submitted June 18, 2015

Best Doctor ever, delivered my 20 year old, 10 year old, 2 year old and now soon to me newborn (24 weeks pregnant)

flag | Submitted June 16, 2015

I have never had a problem there. He and his staff are always helpful. As a previous poster says it can be backed up, however a lot of times that is because of him delivering a baby or taking extra time in the room with someone who has a problem that was not scheduled or such. I do not mind the wait, as when I have a problem, he takes that same time for me and does not push me out of the door because " time's up". There are signs all over the waiting room stating no drinks, but those signs also state thank the people that came before you that do not pick up their mess. I have seen the lobby before those signs were put out and people would allow their children to eat and drink and make a mess and not clean it up!! He and his staff are not janitors and if people cannot pick up their messes then I do not blame him for the signs!!!

flag | Submitted August 11, 2014

flag | Submitted August 8, 2014

Dr. ALtenhofen is the best OB/GYN in Pensacola. He goes above and beyond for his patients. I am going to miss him dearly. Thank you Dr. A for everything you did for me over the past 10+ years.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2014

Dr.a is the best doctor. He delivered me all my moms kids and her sisters kids. Now he going to be delivering my kid.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2013

First let me say that he was an outstanding doctor!! He left a family dinner of people who were in town to be with him just to set my catheter and break my water himself as my birth plan stated! He protected me and my baby, was always courteous, and knows what he's doing. My delivery was amazing! He followed my birth plan and made sure nurses did as well. He kept me in the hospital extra so I could be with my baby who was sick. Now let me say this if you do not have a birth plan don't be surprised if a resident delivers your baby and 1000 students are in your room! I will be honest. Out of the entire staff I HATED all his nurses except for 3! The office is hot and there's notes all over saying you can't have drinks because the staff doesn't want to clean up after patients. One of the nurses is so rude I am thinking of switching ob's. Also appointments run 1 1/2 hrs late EVERY time (esp early ones)!

flag | Submitted December 10, 2012

Great doctor!!! Took excellent care of me when I was pregnant which end in miscarriage:(........ But I knew my options he let me knew the kinda of fibroids I had would possibly cause a miscarriage but he came to visit me in the hospital every time sumthing was wrong and had great bedside manners!!!!:) Also he did my surgery mymectomy ( to remove fibroids) and he did a awesome job!!! I am very happy my incision is not noticeable at all nomore pain or heavy periods now me and my husband or on the right track to baby making lol!!!!! I am very happy I chose him for my OMGYN

flag | Submitted October 3, 2012

I would recommend so many people to come to his office. When you are seen he greets you with a smile on his face. That's what I look for. He has helped me with a lot of questions that I have asked other doctors and they seemed to not be able to help but he was very helpful and understandable.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2011

Dr. Dean E. Altenhofen's Credentials

• University Of South Carolina School Of Medicine (Grad. 1984)