Ratings for Dr. Helen Pymar

I was also referred after an unsuccessful IUD insertion attempt at the Klinic. I have fairly severe endometriosis, and that first attempt was horrifically painful and left me in physical (& emotional) tatters for a good week afterwards. Dr Pymar, and the nursing student working with her, were so incredibly lovely and knowledgeable - they eased my anxiety and explained exactly what they were doing at every step. The actual procedure lasted a fraction of the time of the initial attempt, and it was more uncomfortable than it was painful - completely manageable! I was so ecstatic about how things went, and even after it was over they were very caring, answered all of my questions, and gave me more than enough time to ease myself up. I never felt rushed and they validated my anxiety and pain. I highly, HIGHLY recommend this doctor!

flag | Submitted February 16, 2018

I was referred to Dr. Pymar by Women's Health Clinic after an unsuccessful attempt to insert an IUD/IUS (Mirena). Referral time took about a month and after the painful and unsuccessful attempt at the clinic I was nervous for this appointment. Dr. Pymar was professional, pleasant and considerate. She was knowledgeable and skilled. You could say she was somewhat "matter of fact" about getting the job done but not in an inconsiderate way. She asked how I was doing during the procedure and let me know that she'd only keep going if I was able to handle it. This is usually a routine procedure but due to personal complications it was more difficult for me but she was able to make good use of the tools and equipment available and was successful in getting the mirena inserted. After, she was very kind, told me I did a good job and to take my time getting up. I would recommend her as a gynecologist.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2017

Dr. Pymar is a very smart doctor. However, I think she has trouble focusing on the patient's concerns. I was her patient for about a month and during that month, I saw her almost 3 times a week because of how urgent my case was. She seemed to really care about me, she kept me up to date with everything that she was planning and thinking but she just doesn't pay attention to detail. When I ask her questions, she looks are me like I'm stupid...I do not have a medical background and I had never dealt with a gynecologist before her so I didn't know a lot of the medical terms she was using....she seemed a little offended or annoyed when I asked. It got to a point where I would just write down the words or the medications she would mention and just research them on my own when I get home. Also, another thing I didn't like about her is how she throws around the word "cancer" like it's nothing. She told me twice that I might have cancer. That is a very scary thought....especially for a young person. These are only the things I didnt like about her. She is overall a wonderful person and a very smart and ambitious doctor.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2015

I am leaving a comment here because last night before my procedure, when I was looking through these comments to see if anyone when through what I'm going through write something but couldn't find anything. I had a surgical abortion with Pymar and made the whole process so much better. This was a very hard time for me but she was so gentle and sensitive and answered all my question as well as my fiance's questions. I am so grateful that she was my doctor through all of this.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2015

In early 2010 I was rushed to the ER due to cramps and bleeding, i was then 9 weeks pregnant. It turned out it was an ectopic pregnancy. Dr Helen Pymar was my attending physician, she was so pleasant, easy to talk to and very knowledgeable. so when i got pregnant again i told my family doctor i wanted Dr Pymar to be my OB. I have 2 kids now and I've never had any problems with her nor her staff. Her staff are as nice as her. There was just one time when my husband and I were waiting for 30 minutes already and I just told the lady at the reception and she made sure I am seen as soon as possible, that time Dr Pymar was on call so it was reasonable. BY THE WAY, there is this sign infront of the reception that says something like if it's 30 minutes pass your appointment and you haven't been seen tell them, and they'll do something about it. and oh, few months after i gave birth to my daughter my husband and I were about to leave babys r us, when this lady says "hi guys how are you doing? how's the baby?". i looked at her and it was Dr Pymar we said our Hi back and chat a little. in the car my husband was like that was nice of her to remember who her patients are considering she has a lot. very nice lady and very helpful and knowledgeable. i recommend her to my friends and family, hopefully she's still accepting patients. :)

flag | Submitted December 4, 2014

Dr. Pymar was my gyno from ages 18-21. At 21 I was diagnosed with an ovarian cyst on my right ovary that needed to be removed ASAP to cause complications later on in my childbearing years. I signed all the papers and went thru with the surgery and after a serious malpractice I now have a life threatening blood issue and I am only 25. My family doctor referred me to Dr Alaa Awadalla and it was the best switch I could have made. Dr Pymar also did an abortion on my step - sister and in an office visit I mentioned her name and she came out and clearly stated she performed the abortion which is against patient confidentiality. Her staff is extremely rude, I always almost had to wait 1+ hours past my appt time, and when I had concerns about my post op recovery I could never get ahold of her.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2012

I recently seen Dr. Pymar for a routine surgery and she made me feel at ease, she was easy to talk to, answered all my questions and was able to talk about my options with me. My one complaint was the amount of time I had to wait for a scheduled appointment. I had an appointment and waited nearly 3 hours to see her. Once I did see her, she was not in a rush and answered all my questions. I would like to see Dr. Pymar regularly now for all future appointments (but will try to make the appointments on days when she is not on call :)

flag | Submitted May 31, 2012

I have had a horrible experience seeing Dr. Pymar and her students. This is my first pregnancy and it should be an exciting and happy time, instead I have left several appointments in tears. I have been very anxious and nervous about this pregnancy (because of a previous miscarriage) and she has done nothing to help put me at ease. I feel like just a number and not a person at each visit being rushed out the door after waiting for ever. I am almost never seen on time, waiting anywhere from 20 mins to an hour before being seen. They constantly seem unorganized and it appears as if they haven't even opened my chart, asking me questions that would be so easily answered if they had read the last post in my chart. I have on several visits heard them debating with each other (Doc and student) outside my door about whether or not a test has been done yet or not, ask me or READ my chart. They have never gone over any test results with me unless I ask them too, including ultrasounds.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2012

Best doctor Iv ever seen. Helped me get through one of the hardest times of my life and I would refer her to anyone

flag | Submitted November 4, 2011

I saw Dr. Pymar today at my 40 weeks prenatal visit. My usual OB was on vacation. She lets students "learn" on patients, which wouldn't be a problem if she was there to teach them. I had been dilated for the last two weeks but waited until this appointment to get my membranes swept. I listened to Pymar give the student a quick 20 second description of HOW to do it while standing outside the door while I waited. When the STUDENT checked me (after I had requested that Pymar do it), she said I was NOT dilated and my cervix was posterior. Despite my having made progress with dilation over the previous 2 weeks. Instead of checking me herself (you know - part of teaching?), she shrugged, said oh well, then mumbled something about maybe seeing me if I gave birth on Tuesday - as she walked out the door. And since she was late seeing me it was lunch hour when I got out of my appt and no one was there to schedule my 41 week appt. If I go into labour on Tuesday I'm holding my legs closed til Wed.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2011