Ratings for Dr. William W. Belk

He apparently retired 2 weeks ago yet a notice was sent out this week. On top of that I was told that my monthly RX wouldn't be able to be filled until Feb or I could see an ARNP 2 weeks after I run out of meds. This is a violation of the law. When a Dr leaves a practice they are required to make sure patients at least receive 1 more month of meds while trying to find another dr. The only good thing is he retired but I wonder why just out of the blue like that- the note said effective immediately. His profile is already deleted out of the Sacred Heart directory as well! Now if they would get rid of the terrible and RUDE not to mention incompetent of even answering the phone in a timely manner- nursing staff.. MAYBE this could be a good practice.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2016

Very negative experiences and misdiagnoses that led (eventually) to another doctor and a prolonged 5-year chronic pain timeframe. He misdiagnosed spinal stenosis and spondylistheses as "arthritis" and told me nothing could be done. I switched MD's, and within six months had major spinal resconstructive surgery, returned to a more normal life with MUCH LESS back pain and misery. I do NOT recommend Dr Belk's practice to anyone. He doesn't hear what the patient is saying, but on a good note, it taught me to be more proactive about my health and to speak more frankly about /have better ownership of my health care decisions and desires.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2015

The Staff is rude and seem to be bothered when you call.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2015

I would not know if I like this doctor the combination of waiting ten minutes on the phone on hold before you ever hear his voice along with the rude staff made me cancel my appointment and look for another doctor.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2013

Dr. Belk has been our family physician for 27 years. He has taken the most excellent care of my parents, my husband and I, as well as our children.When my children were babies, I found that his medical care was more down to earth and helpful as a new mother than the local pediatrician I had chosen. Dr. Belk remains our family physician all these many years later.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2012

Recently started seeing this dr as a new patient. He told me legally he could not perscribe one of my medications for more than 3months. When I checked with another psysician they assured me that is incorrect. I went in with an upper respiratory infection for him to test me for strep and tell me there's nothing wrong with me. He changed my birth controll which made me have 3 periods a month. I was told to call back in a week if I got another!!! Yet my husband goes in, is treated politely and just written prescriptions. However he did ask my husband if he could cut a pill into 3rds! I do not believe this dr cared for me as a patient and have decided to go to another primary care doctor.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2012

I have been to Dr. Belk for a few years for lack of desire to find a new doctor but his bedside manner is horrid!! He keeps giving me meds that I don't want and all he says it that it will help me live longer I am 35 and I am pretty sure I could try something else for Cholesterol instead of an RX so I did not drop it off to be filled. He left me waiting for an hour last time because of office staff mistake but when I was on the staff were chatting so much with me that she put me in 3 minutes late and he would not see me I was hysterical and could not be seen. I went to talk to him abut a hospital visit the week before for the demise of my 4month old fetus. Sobbing tears did not get me in and I had to reschedule. He loves to schedule tests and give lots of pills but on a good note they will do the best they can to get you in that day but don't talk to them or you will be late too!!! looking for a nice doctor who has more than 5 mins to give.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2012

Best family doctor I have ever visited which is why I go back.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2011

Dr. Belk is the worse doctor I have EVER been to. He misdiagnosed a major injury, suggested treatment that caused the injury to become worse and when I returned for follow up, I had to demand simple tests that should have been run in the first place. On top of that, I get the impression he is **** and on several occasions has made inappropriate comments about my lifestyle activities basically implying I should no longer be doing those kinds of sports. I'm sorry but I don't go to the doctor to receive criticism about women participating in 'male' sports. Does not give any treatment advice but rather gives you a prescription and tries to rush you out the door. Questions only seem to annoy him. BEWARE!

flag | Submitted August 10, 2011

Does not listen to patient. More concerned about meeting his quota. Tries to mask his lack of knowledge with technology. Always comes into the room with a pompous attitude. I have been a patient for over 8 years and I have finally reached a breaking point.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2011

Dr. William W. Belk's Credentials

• Va Commonwealth Univ, Med Coll Of Va Sch Of Med, Richmond Va 23298 (Grad. 1972)