Ratings for Dr. Ruth W. Orth

Dr. Orth is a very caring and like-able doctor. I have seen her for a multiple of challenging inflammatory diseases. She is highly thought of by her peers. It is with her help that I will return to work soon. Without discussing my own ailments, I would say that it is good to talk notes and be prepared prior to appointments, if something major comes up, see her sooner. Photo any rashes as well. Stay positive and read up on medications and their side-effects. We are all different. :)

flag | Submitted November 18, 2011

This rheumatologist refused to try more than one medication for RA and redused to bring the dose of it up above a starter dose. She tried two medications for fibromyalgia with the same results- would not bring the dosages above starting. When confronted about this she said she can't help me, lied to my face saying there are no other treatments (the RA medication is not, in fact, for RA but malaria) and walked out of her office with me in tears. She was always AT MINIMUM an hour behind. I rarely got a chance to ask questions. She didn't leave room for that. It was very clear that she does not care about her patients nor does she even desire to try to be honest, answer questions (she will walk out of the room when asked a question and not come back), or care about her patients. I'm being harsh because I would really hate for someone else to go through the hell that I did with her.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2011

She asks a lot a questions but doesnt explain anything. Makes me think she doesnt know what is going on

flag | Submitted December 11, 2009

She does not answer questions or explain anything even after being asked. I wish she was as friendly as the staff. I switched Dr's

flag | Submitted July 25, 2008

Dr. Ruth W. Orth's Credentials

• La State Univ Sch Of Med In New Orleans, New Orleans La 70112 (Grad. 1978)