Ratings for Dr. Umberto Cellupica

My son was born 6 weeks early and Dr Cellupica was the attending pediatrician. My son has been a patient of Dr Cellupica for 17 years. He is a kind and caring person and was a great fit for my family.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2018

I found dr. Cellupica very condescending. His overall attitude and god like complex was enough for me to find another doctor for my baby. His staff rarely answer the phone. Take my advice and go elsewhere.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2018

I have a little girl born prematurely and needing complex care. I was grateful to find a knowledgeable doctor in Dr. Cellupica. He is knowledgeable, competent, experienced, helpful and caring. I trust in his care of my child. The staff is great also. It is a very busy clinic that services many patients in busy Vaughan and Richmond Hill area. But know they are capable to help your little one. If you don't understand something just ask for clarification. If you don't like something or are unhappy about something just say it.. remember doctors and nurses are human beings like the rest of us, they have knowledge and experience to treat illness. They don't hold all the answers. And as human beings they can make mistakes. I am grateful for Dr. Cellupica's care of my child.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2018

Dr Cellupica cares, is very knowledgeable, approachable and professional.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2018

Per the rating below, obviously your ignorance and emotions superseded what Dr. Cellupica advised. You should perhaps read up on Autism and realize the red flags. You should also be aware that the earlier you help a child, the better. Your child may be high functioning. It’s frustrating as denial and ignorance can actually get in the way of a child obtaining the services they need. Also, I’d he presented with symptoms I believe Dr. Cellupica was doing his best to help. Although I certainly appreciate that it was a stressful thing to go through, you cannot bash a doctor doing his job. And he is one heck of an amazing doctor.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2018

I contemplated for a long time about writing a review on this doctor. I have always been one to believe that doctors know best. I am still a believer of that, but not when it comes to Dr. Cellupica. I took my son to see him almost a year ago. I had concerns because he was speech delayed and wanted a second opinion. My biggest mistake was bringing him to this doctor. I won't go on and on about the appointment, but I will say that the appointment was concluded by Dr. Cellupica that he was about 80 to 90% certain that my son fell on the spectrum. I left that appointment feeling lost and so confused. My husband did not agree with this and neither did any of our family members. Because I am the way that I am, I wanted to believe this doctor. I received advice from many people in my life to try daycare and socialize my son. He was only 2.5 years old at the time of our appointment with this doctor. Fast forward to a year later and my son is a completely different child. I even had him seen by one of the top neurologists in Toronto who did not see any traits that Dr. Cellupica had seen. Had I allowed Dr. Cellupica's opinion to sway me, I would have spend thousands of dollars on treatments that would not have been necessary. Parents need to be warned about these so called doctors who claim to be experts. The one good thing about my appointment with Dr. Cellupica is that it pushed me to put my son into daycare. I know not every parent has this same outcome, but in my son's case this is what he needed.

Submitted November 15, 2017

Dr. Cellupica is by far the most knowledgeable, patient, kind, doctor I have ever met. He always ensures my questions are answered and never makes me feel unimportant. He takes his time with each patient and makes sure you are satisfied before you leave. I trust him and am so thankful to have him as a doctor for my one year old son. He was able to tell that my son would have an allergy before we even tested him. He is a fantastic doctor, I highly highly recommend him. The nurses and receptionists are great, as well.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

Very good doctor.unfortunately he is not available most of the time. A sick kid cant wait 2 weeks to see him!!! Very rude and awful receptionist! So sorry ,although I like this doctor, I am not going back! Whenever you need this doctor he is not available. And you have to deal with dr Witt ,if you call her doctor!

flag | Submitted March 1, 2017

I can only say great things about Dr. Cellupica but his receptionist is just awful. We are parents of sick children and some (not even a lot) kindness, compassion, and patience would go a long way. I just got spoken to in the most condescending way.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2017

Dr. Cellupica is a very kind, patient and knowledgeable doctor. My children have been with him for 15+ years and he has taken care of all my 3 children. He has always made us feel comfortable and open to asking any questions. Always correctly diagnoses. He never rushes the visit. He always takes his time. The head nurse is amazing and so kind. She always makes my kids feel very comfortable (i.e. when giving needles). The receptionists are also very nice and considerate. Overall, Dr. Cellupica is an AMAZING pediatrician.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2017