Ratings for Dr. Raouf Hilal

Dr Hilal is awesome I have a very difficult case of gastroparesis and he is the only Dr that has not just given up on me and told me that this condition will kill me. He is very understanding and has the best bedside manner. He is always looking for new things that could possibly help me.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2017

Save yourself time & hassle & find yourself another doctor! You always have to wait more than 2 hours to be seen by a nurse. When he finally comes to see you, he wont read the notes the nurse made nor would he listen to you to explain your concerns. He spends total of 5 minutes, if that! When you ask him to listen to your health concerns, He becomes dismissive & rude. He is very unprofessional a has no bedside manner.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2017

I had a bad experience as well. Felt like my insurance was the only reason for the little care received.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2017

does NOT do what he says, NO bedside manner. I had a procedure and he never came around after for explanation of what was found and I had several questions for him. I was in ICU when he presented himself ,seems like a few moments consult with him after the procedure and after I was awake would be appropriate.

Submitted May 1, 2015

I have refractory IBD. Had it for 10 years and I've seen many doctors over the years. Dr. R. Hilal is by far my favorite. The best bedside manner I've seen. He is willing to try unconventional approaches for hard to treat cases. I can't recommend him enough.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2014

I initially thought Dr. Hilal was a knowledgeable doctor with a great bedside manner. That ended when he saw me in the hospital and made me feel like there was something mentally wrong with me, rather than deal with the physical issues. I've stopped seeing him and, despite my husband's insistence lately, have refused to go to the hospital (for fear he'll be on call). I'm seeing another gastro this week and pray he'll treat meat like a sane, human who happens to have GI issues.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2011

We love Dr. Hilal he has very good bed side manners. He doesn't brush his patients off. He treats his patients very high priority.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2009

loved dr hilal. as for his staff, when i called the woman on the phone seemed to be bothered like she was eating lunch and could not have the time to deal with me. She just pushed me aside and told me to call my primary physician. did not like that.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2008

Dr. Raouf Hilal's Credentials

• Med Univ Of Sc Coll Of Med, Charleston Sc 29425 (Grad. 1996)

AARP