Ratings for Dr. Herman Borkent

flag | Submitted May 31, 2014

Waited 3 hrs to face an extreme Rude,condescending and insulting doctor.This was today at Misericordia Hospital, After Hours Clinic. My own doctor is on holiday.This was suggested by office of my regular physician.Dr.Borkent,refused to help.He told me this was an after hours emergency clinic and to go back to my regular doctor.When I tried to explain my doctors office told me go to the Clinic with my painful condition he doctor refused to even hear me out and left the room.I was rear ended in accident this week, plus needed a repeat on prescription for something I am treated for but this man had not the courtesy to take care of a patient from another doctor on holidays. I left in a state of shock and cried on my way driving home. I am in such great physical pains and to top it this incident became too much. Is this how seniors/anyone is treated? This fellow ought to have his medical license revoked since he does not honor the purpose of it. HORRIBLE experience. Forewarning for anyone.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2012

flag | Submitted May 24, 2012

I saw this dr. at the After hours at Misericordia hospital. He didn't seem interested in my condition at all. I saw him on a Thursday evening with stomach ache which I had had for over 2 weeks and had seen 2 drs. prior to him. He told me I could take Tylanol and put heat on for comfort. He told me to see my own G.P. I ended up in Emergency at U of A hospital 7am the next morning. Diagnosis was Ruptured appendix, Peritonitis and absessed colan and bowel. I had emergency surgery. and 2ft of the bowel removed. I am sure glad I got good care at the U.Of A. I would NEVER see this doctor again.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2012

Great,compassionate doctor. Wish they were all that way.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2011

Much like the other two reviewers here, I visited this doctor today on an ongoing matter simply so that he could order me a test to forward to my family doctor (I could not see my family doctor for a couple of weeks). Dr.Borkent refused to give me the test and stated I should go to my family doctor. He refused to provide a proper explanation and left the room. Later, when questioned by my boyfriend, he finally provided an explanation which amounted to him being too lazy to keep a file open on me over a chronic matter (as this was an out-patient clinic). When asked if he may have possibly been rude to me or demonstrated poor communication skills, Dr.Borkent started getting mad even though my boyfriend had not raised his voice or sworn. Dr.Borkent then called security rather than providing us the name+number of a hospital official who supervises him. An extremely rude physician who decided to continue being rude even when dealt with respectfully.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2010

I will not get into the details of what happened with my visit but all I will say is this doctor was extremely rude, condescending during a very sensitive matter, refused to listen to me, constantly cut me off, extremely unknowledgeable with the questions I asked ( in fact he seemed annoyed with me when I would ask a question), and left me in tears. Horrible experience.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2010