Ratings for Dr. Robert D. McClary

I was under his care for Crohns. He did an exam without anyone else present in the Room when his Nurse had been present in the past and no gown used. I did (not) give “informed consent” he refused to tell me the reason or answer questions. Rectal Exam was excruciating and if valid would have been done under sedation. It was done without my consent or answering any questions. No one present but him and me and bleed that day and for a week afterwards. When confronted on this issue after getting rude phone call from his nurse to get a physical and colonoscopy within 30 days or all medications stopped. He said he knew nothing about the phone call and refused to have anyone else in the room. He refused to get his nurse to hear my complaint. He said he never did the exam or caused me pain and there was no record of it. He was very rude and condescending the entire time. Believe this or not this and more happened.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2016

No beside manner. Rude, not approachable. Very nasty attitude. Just advised he did not know what the problem is and left it like that. Stated he could order more test if I wanted but he did not know what to do. Pointless appointment. By the way I arrived 15 mins early for my appt. and he was over a hour late getting to me. Would not recommend.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2011

I didn't consider this doc to be to good with patients with Ulcerative Colitis. He did a colonoscopy on me and never biopsied any part of the colon. This is a no no for a patient with UC, because UC can easliy turn to cancer after 10 years. I changed Dr.s under the reccomendation of another Dr.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2009

Dr. Robert D. McClary's Credentials

• Medical College Of Ohio (Grad. 1981)

Carefirst Bcbs