Ratings for Dr. John A. Galat

SAVED MY LIFE ABOUT 10 YEARS AGO. STILL FEELING GREAT AT 75. THANK YOU.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2016

Dr. Galat replaced my aortic valve on September 15, 2006. My recovery was quick and complete. I could not have asked for a more personable, caring, competent doctor. I was touched when, on my final visit to office, he asked if it would be OK if we prayed, which we did. A friend of mine recently had heart surgery in another state, and he is having problems. After speaking with him and doing some reading about his problem (sternum stitches not holding), I realize how truly fortunate I was to have had Dr. Galat as my surgeon. You don’t have to look far on the internet to see that not all doctors are as caring and concerned as Dr. Galat and his entire staff.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2014

My 68 year old grandmother had to receive open heart surgery in early December 2012. When my grandmother initially went to the hospital she was trying to hide her true feelings but I know she was scared. Dr. Galat talked to her before she went in. He was so attentive to her, I could physically see she was more at peace. When the surgery was over he came out and talked the family, explained the surgery to us in details, all while looking us in the eye. Even after the surgery he checked on my grandmother several times, (which he did not have to do but insisted on doing). We were very pleased with this doctor. He exceeded our expectations. I would highly recommend him to any love one.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2013

I owe my life to Dr. Galat. He is the one I would send my family to for open heart surgery. He did my Quad byoass. He is FIRST CLASS. His office staff is also the best of any Dr. I have ever seen. He even has a DIRECT assistant available to answer your questions --even when he is performing surgery on others-- Pou are never left out of the loop. Even provides a direct phone number to phone he carries..in case you need further assistance. WOW.. I can not believe that I was fortunate enough to find a truly caring Doctor like him.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2011

Dr. John A. Galat's Credentials

• Ohio State University College Of Medicine (Grad. 1984)

• BCBS Illinois