Ratings for Dr. Carlos A. Alemany

Dr. Alemany wants to be your friend and not your Dr. My sister saw him at the Florida Hospital in Orlando after being diagnosed with Stage 4 Melanoma. She was in his care for 8 days and he was not able to relieve her bloating caused by 5 liters of fluid. I know this to be fact as the amazing Dr's at Moffitt were able to take care of this. My sister was in extreme pain and he was not responsive to her needs as he discharged her and told her she had to wait for testing to come in 2 weeks. How do you discharge a patient still in pain and expect them to wait that long? Needless to say she ended up back in the hospital after a few hours As an oncologist I expected him to be knowledgeable about the correct testing in order to start chemotherapy, immunotherapy or whatever he thought was best. After waiting the waiting the 2 weeks, we find out that he did not order one of the most important test that would tell us which medication would be best. How do you do that? We are still waiting for these results. When another oncologist called to speak with him, he said he was sick with a cold and could not answer. My sisters condition is way more dire than his cold. When I or my family called to be notified of results, he could not be found as he was on vacation and none of his staff, or partner, were capable of answering questions either. When we brought up getting a second opinion at Moffitt he told my sister, "There is no need to go to there because I will provide the same treatment here". Obviously not!! Do not trust this Dr. with your life or that of your loved ones. Find a way to get an outpatient appointment at Moffitt and see the most specialized Dr.'s in this field.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2017

He let my anemia crash again by taking m e off the medicine for 2 months, then says I will need a bone marrow transplant with his buddy in Florida Hospital. I trusted this doctor and he let me down. This is a treatable condition but not with him. Get a second opinion. I am.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2016

This doctor is the worse. He shows that he does not care about his patients wishes or that he even cares. When a stage 4 cancer patient wishes to live and he treats them as though they are dying and refuse to do anything but just leave them to die it is unacceptable. This doctor shows that he does not care about his patients at all.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2013

Great doctor. Takes time with you and not in a hurry. Very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2012

This was my first time visiting this doctor and he made me feel like he cared and didn't dismiss my symptoms like so many other doctors. I was a little nervous and he made little jokes to calm my nerves...I would definitely recommend this doctor to others

flag | Submitted September 11, 2009

This is a terrific doctor! He is very knowledgeable, warm, friendly, and a good communicator. The whole staff at the Center seems caring and competent.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2009

Dr. Carlos A. Alemany's Credentials

• Ponce School Of Medicine (Grad. 1998)