Ratings for Dr. Stacy J. Berckes

Rude .Arrogant. Demeaning. No kindness/understanding what so ever. Seriosly, this guy doesn't belong around people in pain or not!

flag | Submitted July 7, 2015

Horrible unsympathetic rude doctor. Never will return or recommend. Lack of knowledge outside of shots.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr Berckes for about 3 years now and because of his expertise and treatment plan I have my quality life back. My insurance covers most of my visits but I am responsible for some copays but heck if I'm getting cured and relief I don't mind paying my portion at all. I not only recommend Dr Berckes for Pain management but he is also a great Physician Acupuncturist. I read some comments below and it does NOT reflect Dr. Berckes at all, this is not a pill mill, this a facility that treat real issues for serious patients. So beware of Drug Seekers that leave negative comments only because a doctor won't prescribe them a Narcotic!!

flag | Submitted December 3, 2014

Great practice: caring and talented doctor, efficient and kind staff. Dr. Berckes has provided excellent non-narcotic treatment for my back spasms. He collaborated with me on a treatment plan, and has helped me to feel so much better. Thank you Florida Pain!! Highly recommend for pain management.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2014

Referral from my doctor for pain management. Made the appointment, but they never sent the first visit papers. Had to make an extra trip to go get them at the office the day before the appointment. Got to the office early for the appt, turned things in, paid co-pay up front. They wanted the money first. Waited. Taken to room, bed was soiled. They did not clean it. My wife did after Laurie (asst) left the room. Waited in room ONE HOUR in gown and underwear. NO ONE came in, no explanation, no "oops, sorry," NO NOTHING. Put my clothes back on, demanded my check back, and left. I said why. NO ONE apologized, said, Oh please stay, nothing. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2013

This has to be the worst doctor I have EVER been too! I thought this must be some kind of joke. This was a referrel he was supposed to follow up on and help me with. He didn't read through my file, didn't know why I was there, didn't hear what I said. I was thinking this man needs to sober up--seriously. I am suspecting he has some problems with drugs or alcohol. He wanted easy money for 3 minutes of time. I am reporting him to the proper authorities. I searched the web after my office visit and found out there was a court case against him for doing the wrong procedure. Wish I had known before I went. As for his office staff, "Laurie" needs lessons in customer service, professionalism, communication skills and how to maintain a proper work area. Papers/files were everywhere. That should have been a hint right there. I am writing this to save you a lot of headache, travel time and money. DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT see this so-called "doctor"

flag | Submitted November 12, 2011

I am seeing doctor Berckes for pain management. I was diagnosed with arachnoiditis "he predominant symptom of arachnoiditis is chronic and persistent pain in the lower back, lower limbs or, in severe cases, throughout the entire body. Other symptoms may include: * Tingling, numbness, or weakness in the legs * Bizarre sensations such as insects crawling on the skin or water trickling down the leg * Severe shooting pain (which some liken to an electric shock sensation) * Muscle cramps, spasms, and uncontrollable twitching If the disease progresses, symptoms may become more severe or even permanent. This disorder can be very debilitating, as the pain is constant and intractable. Most people with arachnoiditis are unable to work and have significant disability." My pain is extreme the Dr. even stated that it is a miracle that I can still walk. How ever he has made no attempt at trying to control my pain while I wait to be approved for a dorsal stimlator which could take up to 6 months.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2011

after being in pain for months thinking it was justthe healing process and I needed to suck it up I went to see Dr Berckes. In two trteatmetns with injections he completely eliminated the pain. he understood I did not want to take oral drugs and be doped up and was willing to let me use no narcotics. The staff was very helpful and called to check how I was post -procedure. If you want to be well Dr Berckes can help you but if you just want narcotics you can get them anywhere so don't waste the time of a talented doctor.

flag | Submitted January 1, 2011

My experience has not been a good one with Dr Berkus. He only seems to hear part of the conversation. Pain management shouldn't have to be a negotiation for help. He failed to disclose results on my MRI to me that I had a growth on my spine only after I went and got the results did I find . Nightmare!

flag | Submitted November 12, 2010

Outstanding experience

flag | Submitted July 8, 2008

Dr. Stacy J. Berckes's Credentials

• Univ Central Del Este (Uce), Esc De Med, San Pedro De MacOris (Grad. 1980)

GHI