Ratings for Dr. Thomas A. Fisk

My son was distracted at School (1st grade) and was not finishing his assignments on time. We saw a Developmental Pediatrician (see review for Dr Cely) and I was concerned that she medicated my son with Metadate CD without ANY prior physical or behavioral evaluation. I ran to his pediatrician (Dr Fisk) hoping to initiate thorough examinations, but he said that the drug was the fastest way... The symptoms did not make sense to me, as my son's distractions were not consistent in a 6 months period and in 2 different environments... After much thinking and talks with my son I, THE MOM, discovered a problem with HIS VISION. Now, instead of Metadate CD, he is wearing a nice pair of glasses, with 1.75 in each eye. According to the oftalmologist, he had been EXHAUSTED at school while trying to read from the board and focusing in his workbooks... Always ask for ear/eye accurate tests, because this did not come up in Feb08 - his 6yrs check up and 2 pediatricians DID NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!!!

flag | Submitted November 10, 2008

Dr. Thomas A. Fisk's Credentials

• Emory Univ Sch Of Med, Atlanta Ga 30322 (Grad. 1984)