Ratings for Dr. Robert W. Holloway

Dr Holloway and his staff have been nothing but excellent. Daniela, the new patient scheduler, was fantastic. She made sure all the information they needed was received and she was able to get me in for an appointment very quickly. Dr. Holloway took his time with me - explaining options very clearly. Everyone in his office was wonderful, friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. I'm very pleased with him, the results of my surgery, and my experience in general. Would recommend Dr. Holloway to anyone!

flag | Submitted June 4, 2016

I read all of the comments here and I understand every one of them. Yes he is very quick, appearing rushed and you often wait to see him. He is also intelligent and it is an understatement to say he is knowledgable--he is far beyond that. After my diagnosis after my gyno did a leep and was concerned that I would need further surgery, he said to me, "I have known you a long time, and I am going to tell you the same thing I would tell my sister--he's (Holloway) the best in the business, he's top notch. " He was right, this man is brilliant and I also feel the same way, that this man saved my life.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2016

Extremely long waits at the office, failed to refer to a sarcoma specialist and performed a minimally invasive surgery on a patient where the pre operative diagnosis was a High grade sarcoma, failed to follow appropriate chemotherapy protocols and recurrent metastatic disease in less than 6 months.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2016

My experience was very rushed. Waited an hour in the lobby and another hour in the exam room. His question was to me "Why is the referring doctor sending you to me?" I explained and he just sort of shrugged it off. He's very knowledgeable I give him credit for that, but when I asked him my questions he had one foot out the exam door just didn't feel he gave me the time I really wanted.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2014

I love this man. I pray for him many times each day, that he has the strength and will to carry on and all unnecessary obstacles be removed from his path . I am tempted to give him low stars just so that there is still time in his schedule for me. However for those in a state of terror and praying to live, he is the answer and light that all should be able to find. How I wish all humans blessed with this level of intellect could become doctors and that so many of the poor quality doctors could be replaced. If Dr. Holloway could set the bar, the standard all doctors must meet ... our entire world would change. Instead, the changes in our medical system seem to be going in the opposite direction. Too many "doctors" in name only ... the most gifted too smart to conform to the madness.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2014

He saved my life. Words cannot describe how greatful I am.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2014

flag | Submitted August 12, 2014

Excellent surgeon. Does not communicate very well at all with patients. Never, ever on time. You wait 2 hours to see him, only to not get your questions answered and he makes you feel stupid. He's very condescending.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2014

When an MRI by my internist showed that I had a least a stage II cancer, Dr. Holloway saw me and scheduled my surgery within days. Surgery that was scheduled for 2 hours took over 5 hours and involved both Dr. Holloway and Dr. Childers. The cancer was very advanced but due to their skill it was all removed and I did not need a colostomy even though three sections of my bowel was removed. The chemo that followed was aggressive and difficult. I'm telling this because I'm sure that I was the reason someone else's appointment or surgery ran because I needed all of Dr. Holloway's attention. Dr. Holloway is quite busy and often running late but it's because of patients like me. Now when I get get bumped or made to wait for a checkup I know that it's because there's someone else a lot sicker than I am and Dr. Holloway's patients are often very sick as I was. When I go to see Dr. Holloway and he doesn't have a lot to say to me I consider it a good day.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2014

He is the guy to get the job done! If you want a doctor that stays current and has the best surgical skills, dr. holloway is the person to go to. He also very personable, but very focused and has only one goal and that is to best treat the person with the given information at the time of the appointment. So don't be surprised if he changes his mind about what he wants to do on follow up appointments. I highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted July 14, 2013

Dr. Robert W. Holloway's Credentials

• Vanderbilt University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1983)

• BCBS Illinois