Ratings for Dr. Randall B. Coverman

Very good experience from my greeting at the door to my leaving. The 10-15 minute wait would be the only "complaint" but in today's world, not a big deal. The staff was friendly and professional. I would definitely go back.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2017

Office staff is friendly and I never had to wait longer than 10-15 minutes. Cleared up my problem and helped improve my complexion

flag | Submitted March 16, 2017

I recently began seeing Dr. Coverman for acne and am so glad I did! The medicines are working well and have already begun to see improvement with my skin. He's friendly and sometimes jokes a bit but is always professional. I also like his staff who seem to keep the office running pretty smoothly--I rarely have to wait more than 5-10 minutes.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2016

My husband and I, have been going to Dr. Coverman for many years. He has always been so caring and knowledgeable as well as his staff. I have recommended several people to him, and they all gave me glowing reports as to their care and treatment.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2016

I have been seeing this Dermatologist since I was 12. I am now 40! He really is a fantastic doctor and he absolutely knows what he is talking about. My whole family sees him. He has seen us through Cystic acne, skin cancer, mole removals, skin peels for severe sun damage....you name it. Over the years he's now and then been a bit short on the small talk, but I think it's because he is human. We don't all have great days every day. I recommend him to everyone I know because he has been doing this forever and he absolutely knows what he is talking about. Trust me!

flag | Submitted April 10, 2015

I was suprised reading these reviews a month ago, being a patient of dr Coverman for two years..but they are so true. I never had a major issue and only used the Dr for cosmetic reasons or skin cancer tests. I had a real problem the past five weeks and went to him three times..as it was worsening and I had clear pictures to back it up. I swear it was like pulling teeth to get him to admit to seeing anything.and then when he did, he said he still wanted to leave it alone. And not to see Me back there for six months..and to top it off told Me if he did they would have a therapist waiting for me instead. He also said I should throw my mirror out..what kind of dermatologist says that? & his nurses also do treat you as an annoying problem. I am still shocked.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2014

What an awful dr! My husband and I both see him and I hate it. He is a great dr and knows what medicine will help but doesn't' care about the side affects and will deny that he has every heard of them happening even though it is one of the top side effects on the bottle. I believe his answer to me was they put a lot of stuff on there even if it doesn't really apply. His office staff must be the clinic castaways they are so incapable. I have went in 2x for an apt that I made myself and was told that the apt was never made(one of which I made in the office and had the card for) I was then told they called me to change the date and I told them to cancel, the other time I was told it was impossible that I made the apt b/c they don't make apt for Wednesday! I have finally cleared my face up and know what medicines I have to take so I am done with him and just have my Dr. prescribe them, I have had to keep her in the loop bc of all the side effect that he thinks are in my head. What an A$$.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2013

I beg you not to go here. I went for one appointment and will never go back. He made fun of my acne, he spoke to me like I was retarded, and acted like I was amusing to him the entire time. He spoke through his assistant, who was never even introduced to me, the majority of the time. I left the office in tears. I don't know if he knows what hes doing or not but his flippant "ok whatever, I glanced at your face, take this pill" attitude didn't instill confidence. He may be a dermatology genius and knew immediately what I needed but I will never find that out. I ripped up my prescription and will never go back. I have never had such a bad experience at a doctors office and I've certainly never been made fun of by any medical professional before.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2013

This is literally the worst doctor I've ever visited. He is very arrogant, always has am assistance with him whom he uses as a tool to deliver any communications with YOU the patient. No joke! I sat in the room for some time and he walks in reviews with her why I'm there them inspects the skin, then speaks to the assistant to tell me what steps are needed for treatment then leaves the room. All I could hear in my mind was patient #2290, next! This doctor seriously has issues. Then upon checking out they advise the dr want me to come back also for what I'd call supficial appt unrelated to what my original concern was. He is all about retaining money, not patients. Also, overcharged me, which was rectified thankfully.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2012

I am a bit dismayed by the negative comments listed here because I have never had a bad experience. I was sent to him 20 years ago and now that I needed some "help" with my aging skin I went back. I really trust his judgment. He has never tried to talk me into needless procedures or tried to convince me to do something I was not comfortable with. He does not make unrealistic promises but is encouraging and always seemed professional. I think most doctors that have been in practice for awhile can come off a bit arrogant but that does not take away from their talent and abilities. I think anyone who is looking for realistic improvements and is mentally healthy will have a positive experience in this office.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2012

Dr. Randall B. Coverman's Credentials

• University Of Miami School Of Medicine (Grad. 1975)