Ratings for Dr. Ronald R. Burns

I've been a patient of Dr. Burns for the past 20 years. I like him as a person and he is very knowledgeable. He is very punctual but is very quick with his office visits. He has great office hours and I can usually get an appointment on the same day. I rarely see the NPs, PAs or the other doctor in the office. However, I got very sick twice in the past 3 years and I attribute that to his office. His nurses have always given me normal blood pressure readings of 120/80 while other specialists, walk-in clinics and the fire department have given me readings of 170/100 within a few minutes of the 120/80 readings. To make a long story short, I had a TIA 3 years ago and I currently have Renal Artery Stenosis which will require a stent. In my opinion, these two illnesses could've been avoided had the nurses measured my blood pressure correctly. I'm very proactive with my health and this office failed to treat my high blood pressure. After 20 years, I'm changing offices and I may sue.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2013

This clinic does not prescribe insulin. They also provide incorrect information. We were unaware it was their policy not to prescribe insulin and my daughter was out of hers and she is insulin dependent. Do we paid 250 at an after hours clinic to get a prescription. The staff was rude and reminded us how it is her fault for waiting. She is a new onset college student. We were embarrassed, and my daughter was traumatized with one of her first experiences with a physician group. If your diabetic do not go to this office. Oh they also gave he incorrect information about a positive pap. They threatened her with cancer with dirt positive pap. Her gym gave her completely different information and informed us that the testing was done correctly and the information from the nurse practitioner was incorrect. Please be an informed consumer if you choose to go to this office.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2012

****Stay away from University Family Medicine Center*** I recently moved to Orlando and needed to get my annual physical. They are close to me so I went there. I was told to come back in a week to get my results. When I did, the charged me my co-pay to get the results. And I didn't even see the Dr. A nurse just gave me a sheet of paper with my results. In and out in 1 minute. Now my work is requiring me to have some test done. I went to the Dr on Monday and found out they can't do the test required. They said they would call me with a referral later that day or Tuesday am. I called Tuesday afternoon to inquire about the referral. They said they were still working on it and gave me a BS explenation that I need to wait for the referral or my insurance would not cover the visit to specialist Dr. It is now Thursday afternoon and still no call with referral. I called my insurance company and they said that I don't have to wait for referral to see another Dr. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!!!!

flag | Submitted March 8, 2012

This office used to be decent till the last couple of years where they have become money driven. They hired a couple of ARNP's and they always force you to see one of them instead of Dr Burns. They tried to even set up my annual with an ARNP!!!!I no longer have an HMO with a copay, so every office is a different charge and when I tried to reason with them, they didn't care. They were collecting over $120 per regular visit between the me and the insurance company. Dr Burns is good but he always wants to see you 2 weeks after anything.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2012

I received ineffective treatment for food poisening and the Dr's office refused to give me another antibiotic unless I came in and paid them again. My infection is worsening and I just gave them $100 for nothing. Dr. Burns would not see me, but gave me to his NP to be seen, even when I asked to see the dr. I am now looking for a good dr's office and suggest you do to.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2011

I stopped using Dr Burns as my PCP three years ago since his staff was the rudest and least professional I have ever encountered. One example (and the last straw): When I called (as an established patient) with a sinus infection, they couldn't get me in for FIVE days! Are you kidding me? I went to Centra Care that day, got a Z Pack, a recommendation for a new doctor, and a larger bill than if I had been able to use my PCP. Dr Burns himself was nice and knowledgeable. If you choose to use his office, head the warning signs if the staff attitude hasn't changed, before you get stranded at the walk-in clinic!

flag | Submitted November 6, 2009

I have been coming to this office for years but just recently lost my insurance. Then staff was incredibly understanding to my situation. When they brought me in for my appointment I was concerned about the cost but was informed that I had to have lab work done in order to get my refills. I spoke to the billing department and they informed me that if I paid for my labs through their office they could give use their self pay fund to bring my prices much lower. The bill was still pretty high so they allowed me to make monthly payments! I've never dealt with a medical office that was so accomodating financially!

flag | Submitted July 28, 2009

Extremely rude staff. I was not seen by this doctor, I was seen by an NP, who was very nice. This office will charge you for additional services and then refuse to correct their mistakes. They will make false claims regarding coding of treatment and refuse to address those mistakes. The office staff is very rude to their patients. They will hang up on them and refuse to address patient concerns. It is clear based on other reviews that this is NOT an isolated incidence and that this clinic obviously has issues with billing, and wrongly coding their medical services so that the patient has to pay out of pocket. Unfortunately it comes down to your word against theirs because on paper everything appears legal, even though it is clearly wrongful billing.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2009

I have been a patient here for many years. I often see the Nurse Practitioners, as I have found them to be great! When I ask to see one of the doctors they're usually able to see me quickly. One note is that Monday is a bad day to try to call for appts or walk in. But it's that way with most doctors in my experience.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2009

I've been a patient of Dr. Burns' for about 2 years now. He has addressed every concern I've had, no matter how ridiculous I felt bringing it up. He's also very good at explaining carefully how each illness or injury works in the body and why his treatment plan will work. Definitely felt reassured recently when I returned from South America with a stomach virus and he knew exactly what to do. Most doctors would probably just tell me to wait it out, but he gave me one pill that solved my problems and ran some extra tests to make sure I have no lingering/untreated infections or parasites. As with most places, you'll normally get an appt. with a nurse practitioner if you call the same day you want to come in -- but that's not always the case. Sometimes you'll get one the same day with him & if not, he's usually available within 1 or 2 bus. days. The rest of the staff are good too, but I just ask specifically for one with him if I'm concerned.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2009

Dr. Ronald R. Burns's Credentials

• Ohio University Of Osteo Medicine (Grad. 1989)