Ratings for Dr. Jay C. Gold

Very helpful and open minded Great listener and good advice Shares thoughts and advice

flag | Submitted January 3, 2016

Dr. Gold has been treating my dad for 20+ years. His expertise and sincere care has been invaluable to his survival. I am indebted to his service. Thank you, Dr. Gold.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2015

My husband had been going to Dr. Gold for about 2 years for anxiety / depression. Tried many medications and in reality, he never felt any better on meds. (Did much better when he quit all meds and started a good diet, exercise and just cognitive therapy and to start doing things for other people in need). My husband lost his job and the insurance. He got very depressed and I called Dr. Gold in desperation for him to call back and give us some advice but he did not care, he was too busy and never called. We thought he was the best until that day. The next day his staff called saying my husband needed a re-evaluation since he did not have insurance. Made no sense … he already knew him very well until the day we lost our insurance. Use good judgement when using meds. They are not the only alternative for everyone. Analize your life and what can you do to make it better. You do not always need to go to a Psyquiatrist! Take care of your mind,body, help other people and stay good busy.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2014

Rude front office staff. They switch appointment times and blame the confusion on the patient. Maybe hire staff that has attained more than a GED?

flag | Submitted April 1, 2013

I'm on medication for bipolar, and I was feeling manic. I was also having headaches. Dr. Gold upped the dose, but never spoke about headaches. I started my new dose the next day, and a terrible headache hit a 1/2 hour later. I looked it up, and headaches are a side effect of the medication. I left Dr. Gold a voicemail saying that I'd figured out what was causing the headaches, it was the medication, and that I needed to talk to him about switching medications. The message I got back was, essentially, "I told you I don't deal with headaches, I've never heard of that medication causing headaches, just cut the pills in half". There were three problems with his response. First, I'd never said anything about wanting to talk about headaches, I said that I'd figured out what caused them. Second, a reliable source said that headaches are possible, so I KNOW he was wrong. Third, if I cut the pills in half, I'd be taking less than when I started, so it's definitely not a solution.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2012

Dr. Gold is a good doctor, he treats you like a human being. He is humble and cares about his patients. If he does not know of a medication you present to him that is brand new, he will get the information with all details of the medication. I highly recommend Dr. Gold.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2012

Doctors have schedules too, the other person who rated Dr. Gold needs to understand that. Gold listens, manages medication and cares deeply about his patients. He never rushes appointments, rarely runs behind and his office staff is wonderful. If you are in a crisis, he helps. One of the best out there.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2011

Doctor was excellent extremely well trained

flag | Submitted June 5, 2009

I was scheduled for an hour appointment. I had trouble with my kids and showed up 15 minutes late. Dr. Gold could have seen me for a 1/2 hour session, instead, he left the office to go to the post office. The receptionist tried to get him on his cell phone but received his voice mail. About five minutes later I was told he would be in the office within the next hour and that he didn't have time for me. I thought doctors were suppose to be caring and sympathetic toward patients, obviously Dr. Gold doesn't believe patients come first. Very unprofessional and I wouldn't recommend an uncaring doctor to my worst enemy.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2008

Dr. Jay C. Gold's Credentials

• Medical College Of Georgia (Grad. 1984)

WellCare Health Plans