You may also like

Rate Dr. Albert Yuzpe

Dr. Albert Yuzpe's Ratings

I would recommend staying away from Olive Fertility Clinic and Dr. Yuzpe. As a patient at the clinic I saw different physicians for every procedure and there were errors made in my treatment plan. Staff communication is terrible and I was told by a nurse there that Dr. Yuzpe isn't "allowed" to perform certain procedures anymore even though he personally told me he would be performing the procedure. When I arrived at the clinic for my procedure I was told it was his day off. I would recommend considering other clinics before you waste your time and money.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2843665].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 20, 2015

Find him to be pompous and condescending. He talks down to us and disregards any thoughts we might have on our treatment.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2841545].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 18, 2015

Not surprised to see Dr. Yuzpe hasn't scored well with other raters. In my two years working with Olive to conceive, I was a patient of Dr. Yuzpe's yet saw him only twice - first for the consultation meeting where he congratulated my husband on marrying a relatively young woman (I was 29 at the time), and finally for my final ultrasound before being discharged from Olive with a pregnancy. At that meeting, he didn't greet me when I walked into the room, referred to me as "honey" and "sweetheart", and then shook my husband's hand before offering me a disingenuous hug on our way out the door. Full credit for his accomplishments in the field of fertility, but Yuzpe gives off an impersonal, slimy vibe.

Another comment re. Dr. Yuzpe's staff: the one nurse who was a constant member of his team during our time at Olive, Nora, was impersonal and often got my information wrong in communication with me.

I'm grateful to be leaving Olive pregnant, but will most definitely ask to be assigned to a different doctor if I return to the clinic.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2831465].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 8, 2015

Seen Dr. Yuzpe today and I never want to see him again , He is very insensitive to what you are going through . I am 33 yrs. old and after a lot of tests knew I had a lot of issues , I was hoping he could give me some answers on were I could go from here . I was told from my Gynecologist that it was for IVF counselling but left feeling worse not better and almost want to give up altogether ,He hadn't any of my results or pervious history on me , so I was glad I had brought the paperwork with me . He told me I need my left tube removed , while bullet pointing all things going against me conceiving , when I corrected him and said its my right tube , he said "Whatever" . Then during my consultation he took a call from his bank which is quite rude . I am sure he probably has helped a lot of couples conceive but I think I go somewhere else ,after all IVF is not cheap you should be treated better . Thankfully I knew I had a lot of problems beforehand as his manner in telling you was very insensitive and id feel awful for another girl to go through that .He seems like he doesn't really care anymore and even though he deals with these issues everyday he needs to remember, we as patients don't and need some understanding . I would also like to add this is my first Doctors complaint but felt I had to say something .

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2813415].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 20, 2015

Lacks empathy. Very business like. Wants to tell you facts and figures and sign you up. The clinic as a whole was completely disorganized. Lab results and treatment plans lost. Nurses would would me and ask for copies of mine because they couldn't find theirs?! Depending on the day and the nurse you'd get different directions regarding treatment. When we got a chance to talk to Dr. Yuzpe on the phone to express these concerns he got defensive, quoted stats about the Clinics reputation, made excuses and dismissed our concerns. When I was able to refocus him to discuss ways in which to rebuild trust and move forward we came up with needing to meet more often. I called the next day to make an apt. they told he was booked up for three months. This was right in the middle of our IVF cycle!!! Note that he doesn't actually do any of your procedures unless it's a day he's on call. Nothing scheduled. So unless you have appointments with him you'll never see him. His nurses answer your questions but I suspect they don't communicate well with him or each other because their responses are inconsistent. Dr. Hitkari did most of our procedures and is a very caring and compassionate professional. Ask for him if your going to use this clinic.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2782506].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 20, 2015

Absolutely horrible doctor. With a cold face and no emotions he told me I will never conceive naturally, I am not a good candidate for IVF and should buy a donor egg, as this is the only option I have left. I was 31 years old and when asked him about some other options, he said there are no other options. When I broke into tears and nearly fell from the chair, my husband was comforting me- this "doctor" just handed me a box of kleenex without a single blink of an eye. This person is a moneymaker, he doesnt care about anything, as long as he makes money. I will never go there again.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2710167].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 5, 2015

I saw Dr. Yuspe for a year with 6 failed IUIs. I asked to meet after the 3rd failed attempt and he told me not to worry, they'd tell me when to worry. After the filed 6th attempt I saw him again and he couldn't even get my details correct. He kept getting my age wrong, denied statistics he had previously given me and didn't know how many IUIs I had done. He never offered any interventions or attempts to investigate why I'm not getting pregnant, just wanted to go to IVF. His demeanour is that of a used car salesman. The straw that broke the camel's back was when I left his office in tears he told me that he wished I had gotten pregnant, but then he wouldn't be making a living! I decided to go for a second opinion and realized there were other things that could have been done sooner. The other doctor still recommended IVF, but treated me as a person. I suggest you find a compassionate doctor who will treat you like a human and not a bank machine.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2584530].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 19, 2014

I had a great experience with him took his time explaining everything to us

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2553683].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 26, 2014

This doctor has absolutely no people skills AT ALL. He shoots you down in the first 5 minutes of your appointment. He only cares about showing you statistics and how unlikely it is that you will get pregnant. For a sensitive subject like fertility I would have expected a compassionate doctor who cares about your concerns- but what I got was a "my way or the highway" attitude and he told me that if I don't have kids in a few years, maybe then I'll listen to him. Then he left the office.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2455329].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 16, 2014

Dr. Yuzpe was the first Dr we saw at Genesis Clinic in the late 1990's. At first impression, I had a hard time getting past all the gold he was dripping in. It comes across very arrogant to someone who is about to unload their bank account in hopes to make a family. Our first cycle worked but we lost our child due to pre-term labour and were never again successful in our attempts. We felt the clinic pushed you through the cycles but made sure they caught you at the door to get any payments that were due. BTW, we too were told we would have to do ICSI every cycle too. Some of the smaller eggs that did not look good enough to manually fertilize managed to fertilize on their own without ICSI intervention. Makes you wonder...

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1818826].votes_count ]]