Ratings for Dr. Tarek Motan

He's the best doctor ever,,, friendly and kind! Thanks to him I got pregnant after 3 years struggling with fertility... I'm trying the baby number 2 ,,

flag | Submitted August 22, 2016

I had to see him for a uterus and cervix ultrasound because my doctor had a tight schedule and he was super good and friendly. I really like him

flag | Submitted July 16, 2016

Had to wait 2 1/2 hrs from running back and forth the hospital getting blood work to having an ultrasound. Every time I have come to this fertility clinic I have waited 2-4 hrs. Unless you don't work or have a lot of time off then it's ok. I found the fertility clinics efficiency and how it is ran needs significant improvements. The front end staff are not very efficient in coordinating the appointments and depending on the nurse you get it gets confusing with different information provided. I will be going with the Edmonton private clinic that recently opened although you pay more your time is valued and I am sure they will have knowledgeable staff that will educate properly.

Submitted July 10, 2016

After trying for 2-years, we were in the unexplained infertility situation. Wait a year to get our first appointment with Dr. Motan. Although only talking with him for several minutes (a resident doctor was with us before Dr. Motan came the room), he was really helpful and lessened our stress, and talked positively for our situation. He suggested we try IUI first given our previous test results, and pointed out I might get pregnant our of it. He is right, I am pregnant from IUI! The nurse and also front desk are really helpful all the time.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2016

We are doing IVF after 2 years in the wait list and another 6 months of testing. Dr Motan is always helpful and very funny. He takes the stress of the situation away and answers all my questions. It's a little confusing and he's always very good!!! Impressed so far! IVF cycle starting as we speak so will know soon how the rest of our time with dr Motan goes but so far so goo!

flag | Submitted June 2, 2016

Tried for two years to conceive without success. With the help of Dr Motan, at 41yrs of age I was able to conceive on our first round of IUI. Taking into my account my age, his initial advice was to directly proceed to IVF but when I told him I preferred to go the IUI route he respectfully agreed. A great Dr. with an amusing sense of humor. I am internally grateful to him for his assistance. I cherish my beautiful son.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2016

Dr Motan has been excellent to us, his sense of humour puts us at ease and he has tried several methods when others have failed, he's compassionate and knowledgeable and explains things carefully when we haven't agreed on something or have questions. The clinic on the other hand is horrible. My advice to other patients is be your own advocate as the clinic sometimes doesn't update info, sends the wrong prescriptions and screws up in major ways. be vigilant and speak out if something doesn't seem right. Don't trust them implicitly to do things correctly.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2016

Dr. Motan helped us have our little girl. I left his office crying with joy. I am having trouble conceiving again. I will definitely be requesting him. read a comment about him refusing to do IUI. Not true in my case or friends of mine. Two rounds of IUI for them and one for me.

Submitted March 14, 2016

Friendly. Dismisses the side effects you feel from the meds. He will say he won't do IUI ($400), only IVF ($7000+). MONEY GRAB. You should insist on IUI first before trying IVF. He said it was "virtually impossible" for us "to conceive naturally" then we did but only after having a child via IVF.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2016

Just had my first appointment with Dr. Motan. After 3 years of trying with "unexplained" infertility, he was very knowledgable, kind and listened to our journey and what our expectations are. Unlike our clinic in BC, he recommended us trying IUI first - which makes me think it's not just a "cash grab" like others have indicated. He does have a great sense of humour, which I guess could be taken the wrong way, but he is not at all insensitive to your feelings, it's actually refreshing that he can put a smile on your face during such an appointment. The one downside I had was the parking situation at the hospital, it was a gong show. Took over 20 minutes to find a parking spot, but that's not his issue, it's the hospitals. Arrive early just in case. I am looking forward to working with him and his team in achieving our dream of a family.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2015