Ratings for Dr. Tarek Motan

Dr. Motan is wonderful! He may be consistently running late but that is because he takes the time to explain issues with his patients and answers all questions (silly or not). I appreciate his sense of humour and I find it is his way of trying to help deal with the sucky news he has to deliver day in and day out. Even though he was unable to help my husband and I get pregnant (I do not want to use a donor egg at this time), I would recommend him in a heartbeat. He is a doctor who cares and it shows in how he interacted with me. If you have Dr. Motan, you are in good hands!

flag | Submitted September 15, 2017

Dr. Tarek Motan is an excellent doctor, full of knowledge, very informative and a well detailed doctor in all his ways. He wants to have a successful treatment for us and he was doing his best to have a successful IVF treatment. He was a gift sent to us from God. I found him to be friendly to us that makes my doctor's appointment calm and relax. For 21/2 years he has given us an exemplary care that all we need especially I've undergo 4x day surgery to correct my fertility problem, he was very thorough in all my procedures. Our 5 hour drive to Edmonton just to attend my doctor's appointment with him is very worth it. there are times that he was behind his schedule but it doesn't matter to us, it's part of the sacrifice. His staff are doing their great job esp. the two (2) RN's Inna and Vangie, I never forget them on how they accommodated my needs. They are on time responding to my call. Thank God for the success of my IVF Treatment it was excellent. I'm expecting twins. Thanks to Dr. Motan that you are practicing at Edmonton Fertility Clinic - RAH. He is a great asset to the Clinic. Thank you for this facilities that serving Albertans.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2017

I think Dr Motan is absolutely excellent. His knowledge and ability to answer any and all questions in a way that makes you feel supported and informed is second to none. He may not be one to sugar coat things, but when you're struggling with fertility you don't want to be coddled, you want to get pregnant. If what I need to hear is that I have to change habits or understand the risks, then that's something I'm more than willing to do for a chance at something I so desperately want! I am so thankful Dr. Motan is our RE, I feel like we want the lottery getting to be his patients and that if he can't get us to holding our own baby in our arms a second time, no one can. I know the wait times can be long, but I don't blame the office for that. I think the people on the front end, and any nurses or students I've met have been really excellent as well. I'd like to give AHS/the ab gov some choice words about investing more in fertility treatment and lowering the wait times, but that shouldn't take anything away from the excellent caliber of RE's and staff at the Edmonton clinic!

flag | Submitted July 30, 2017

Any comment you read about him pushing only IVF is FALSE! If he suggests IVF ... your odds are probably much much higher than having any other procedure! He's rated #1 out of 4 in YEG because he's A1 at what he does. It's true his humour is not for everyone but honest to God he is hilarious , you will appreciate his honesty and straight-to-the-point attitude if thats your type of communication. 1 thing I appreciate about him is his extensive knowledge +experience and the fact that he paints the entire picture for you - pros&cons, when trying to make a decision. Im going through my first cycle of IVF and tomorrow is my retrieval day... so far my experience has been ok. Someone mentioned this processes is meant for someone who doesnt work - lol it's true! I was there at 0530 every morning to be the first for the scans and bloodwork. Might as well mention the clinic is a little slow , there is 1 front receptionist whose colder than the Artic. Absolute B&$/* through and through.. those who know , know. I found the Nurses to be great and the other Docs to be awesome!

flag | Submitted July 20, 2017

My husband and I struggled for 12 years trying to have children. I would highly recommend Dr. Motan for any fertility issues. He told us right from the first appointment the good the bad and the ugly of what we could expect, and he was willing to do whatever it took to help us. So unless you have a problem following directions and don't want to hear his honest truth, don't waste his and other patients time. Dr. Motan wants treatments to be successful as much as you do, So if he tells you that you need to drop a few pounds for fertility treatment, he's not saying it to be mean. After a year or so of getting all the tests and going through fertility treatments I have the family I always dreamed of all thanks to this doctor.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

I have had a really good experience with Dr. Motan so far. He is personable with a really great sense of humour. Punctuality is not great, however when he is late I know it is because he is caring for another patient who needs his time so it doesn't bother me at all. In turn, I know that should I need the extra time, he will give it.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2017

I had a terrible experience and would not recommend him to anyone

flag | Submitted June 26, 2017

Im seeing Dr Motan now .. Hopefully he can help us to conceive as soon as possible!! He so friendly and helpful!! Thanks Dr Motan !!

flag | Submitted June 7, 2017

I found Dr Motan very helpful and understanding. I didn't feel that he wanted to push IVF but was willing to try IUI if we were. He seems very knowledgeable, wiling to listen and sincere. He wasn't able to help us but he was very kind about it.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2017

In my experience with Dr Motan, I found him to be very friendly and knowledgeable. My husband(33) and I (28) have been trying for years and years and years! Finally, I am on clomid 50 mg. (hoping and praying this is our miracle drug. ) Last year I had one hsg followed by laparoscopy. Then another Hsg . We were referred to Dr Motan diagnosed with "unexplained infertility" everything came back normal. So we are very hopeful Dr Motan helps us conceive. First IUI coming soon. As this is our first cycle. Considering the emotion toll- being a woman who is not conceiving due to unknown reasons. I am keeping hopeful with Dr Motan's help.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2017