Ratings for Dr. Paul Clarkson

We are so fortunate to have Dr.Clarkson in Vancouver. he did an amazing shoulder reconstruction on my husband .We are so grateful for his expertise in a very difficult and challenging situation. He went above and beyond to provide my husband with mobility with a prosthetic shoulder in his right arm after a difficult tumour removal. he is the best!

flag | Submitted May 19, 2016

flag | Submitted May 7, 2016

I could not be more confident with a doctor if I tried. Dr. Clarkson has all the qualities you would want, when facing the unknown; he is compassionate, understanding, knowledgable and skilled. It is because of him that I am able to write this today, for that I will forever be grateful.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2016

Dr Clarkson saw the chondrosarcoma tumor and it didn't look unusual . He decided to do a biopsy as it was so large. Sure enough I needed surgery as I had it attached to my pelvis and through my left glute. He removed it and I was told I would probably need aids the rest of my life with walking. I'm walking with no aids and you would have no idea of my surgery. He is amazing and I thank the universe that he was the doctor I was referred to. If I couldn't have walked that would have been my fait. I cant blame him for trying to do miracles on surgeries that can also be death sentences. Amazing!

flag | Submitted March 29, 2016

Dr. Paul Clarkson performed surgery on my right arm for a lipoma cyst. He did exactly what he said had to be done. He had to go in pretty deep but, he removed it. It was non cancerous but, it was sore as heck and now i am recovering from it as it is still a little sore. I would like to thank the good Dr. and his excellent O.R. staff...thanks

flag | Submitted July 8, 2015

Dr. Paul Clarkson performed cancer surgery on my pelvis, successfully, doing what he said he would do. He has an excellent staff team who are helpful, friendly and very competent as is he. BC is very fortunate he is here in Vancouver. He gave me the odds without the surgery, so I was glad to get to the recovery room with my leg intact. I only got to keep my leg because of his skill set. A lot can go wrong in any surgery, like death, so I am still cancer free after 1 year. I thank God every day for being referred to him, he is a gifted Oncologist(Surgeon) , the option was to lose a leg. I/we are never quite prepared to deal with catastrophic circumstances in our health live's. He and his staff made themselves available to me, helping me each step of the way. I am so glad he was able to keep my leg. An MRI shows an image, getting inside your body and seeing the severity of the problem with your eyes, is always going to show you the severity of the problem. I do not envy surgeons, they can be upbeat but in the end, they have to make hard decisions and deliver more than their share of bad news. Even though I am not walking without aides, yet, I am thrilled to have been fortunate and blessed to keep my leg. God Bless you Dr. Clarkson, and your staff.

Submitted January 13, 2015

Submitted November 18, 2014

I found Dr Clarkson's staff to be helpful and respectful of my needs. There is almost always a wait when dealing with doctors but I found I never had to wait too long. I found everyone at the center to be helpful and considerate of what I was going through. I was given all the information I asked for and that I needed. The best thing is that I am now cancer free and Dr. Clarkson has saved my leg.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2013

Dr Clarkson was very patient and kind with all of my questions. I have always found him and Paula very responsive. Paula always gives a realistic timeframe in which I can expect an answer to questions I might have. Thank you for the best expience one can have during a hard time. I have had two surgeries under his care and both times have found him to be a wonderful specialist.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2013

Overall, I am happy with Dr. Clarkson. He is a doctor in high demand, so there is definitely always a wait to see him, and he does give the impression of being a bit rushed. However, he is very knowledgable and he will take the time to explain things in detail, when asked. He also is very kind and makes you feel at ease. His secretary, Paula, could certainly use some training on patient care and just overall kindness, as she makes you feel as though you are 'putting her out' anytime you call for info and appointments. The rest of his staff at the clinic are very kind. I feel lucky to have him as my doctor.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2013

Dr. Paul Clarkson's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "We are so fortunate to have Dr.Clarkson in Vancouver. he did an amazing shoulder reconstruction on my husband .We are so grateful for his expertise in a very d..."

May 19, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Absolutely hands down, excellent Ortho Oncologist. Really knows his stuff, saved my leg."

May 7, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I could not be more confident with a doctor if I tried. Dr. Clarkson has all the qualities you would want, when facing the unknown; he is compassionate, underst..."

March 30, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Clarkson saw the chondrosarcoma tumor and it didn't look unusual . He decided to do a biopsy as it was so large. Sure enough I needed surgery as I had it att..."

March 29, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Paul Clarkson performed surgery on my right arm for a lipoma cyst. He did exactly what he said had to be done. He had to go in pretty deep but, he removed i..."

July 8, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Paul Clarkson performed cancer surgery on my pelvis, successfully, doing what he said he would do. He has an excellent staff team who are helpful, friendly ..."

January 13, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Clarkson performed a more radical surgery on me He miss led me to think one thing and did something else other than what he discussed with me. He basically ..."

December 31, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Nane is Elvan Hanley, never smoke, never drink never been to a doctors for any other illnesses. wife is a LPN for over 30 years, for us to sit in front of Pau..."

November 22, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I went to this Dr Clarkson with my feet and after he did the operation I could not walk from that day and his responsed to me is he is sorry that is it Never go..."

November 18, 2014