Ratings for Dr. Elliot W. Cooperman

Worth the waiting, and waiting and waiting. Always gives you his time and attention once in. Great staff too. Suggest recliners and TV for the waiting room :)

flag | Submitted August 26, 2016

Dr. Cooperman is the best!!! Those of you that complain about waiting..tough bananas!! He goes above and beyond what most doctors do nowadays. He waited for me on a Friday night, saw me Saturday and Sunday and surgery that same day. He definitely saved my eyesight in the eye that had a hemorrhage and retinal tear. He is worth waiting for and the reason he is so busy is because he is sooo good!!!

flag | Submitted February 10, 2014

WORST treatment ever! I have a permanent eye injury that had mysteriously gone blind and then cleared but with residual debris floaters; was referred to Dr. Cooperman because my specialist DO was on vacation. In ALL of my years of treatment(including via students at Shands), I've only been hurt/pain with two doctors(one being Dr. Cooperman)and then he blamed ME for being too sensitive!! The arrogance! I have an incredible tolerance for pain, but he would not even consider that HE hurt me! Then he did a last resort test(trying to figure out What was happening w/ my eye;he never determined.) but failed to *ask* me if I'm allergic to iodine! My mouth, throat, lungs began to swell. I couldn't breath and was fainting. He revived me with an IV of antihistamine/benadryl. Then he ushered me to leave asap. I was unable to drive(called my father for pkup). NOONE ever came to check on me as I rested in the waiting area! He sent a certified letter asking for a followup visit; a legal CYA letter!!

flag | Submitted March 18, 2013

This ophthalmologist is very nice but the wait is insane. We've been here twice and he overbooks. Expect to wait upwards of 3 hours or more even after you've made the effort to make an appointment. It's so bad that the conversations in the waiting room are all about how unbelievable it is that the wait is so long. My advice: there are many great ophthalmologists in the area. Go find another one that's a little bit more respectful with your time.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2013

I wis misdiagnosed twice by my optometrist and was told that I did not have retinal detachment and got sent to this specialist during my second visit with my DO. Unfortunately, I had retinal detachment in my left eye and holes in my right eye. Neither of these things was seen by my DO. Dr. Cooperman scheduled me for surgery the very next day. His staff is amazing. I have called a number of times with questions and they have called me right back. He is an excellent doctor and is extremely intelligent and charismatic about his patients. I am very blessed to not have lost my eye sight thanks to Dr. Cooperman.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2012

Great doctor! I was refered by another patient who he restored her vision in both eyes. I had an emergency tear and partial detachment of my retina. His office changed their schedule and saw me within hours, he did surgery in his office and he and his nurse were very confident and knew what they were doing. He saved my sight. When similar symptoms started in my other eye, he called me back within 20 minutes after 11pm on a Friday night as soon as he came out of an emergency surgery. He listened to my symptoms and told me I could wait till the morning instead of driving back in town. He came in on a saturday morning and checked my eye. Luckily it did not need surgery and is doing better. I trust him with my sight.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2009

Excellent doctor. Used a cutting-edge treatment to treat my diabetic retinopathy successfully. Great attitude and manner also.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2009

Dr. Elliot W. Cooperman's Credentials

• Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Brooklyn, Coll Of Med, Brooklyn Ny 11203 (Grad. 1975)