Ratings for Dr. Krishna Rao

Knowledgeable and Honest - I see the actual physician every visit (not a PA or Nurse Practitioner) He gives each patient individual time. His office is great when I call I get a human and not a bunch of buttons to push to be sent to a voice mail.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2014

I was accurately diagnosed as having severe emphysema. Dr. Rao refused to give me any medicine to treat the condition other than oxygen and Albuterol/Ipratropium (DuoNeb) by nebulizer...every 3 hours, around the clock, for over three years. He also told me that my only hope was a lung transplant. Because he carries no malpractice insurance, he is not allowed to use any of the three local hospitals. After being treated by another pulmonologist (Dr. P. Mitra) while hospitalized with pneumonia, Dr. Rao not only refused to give the hospital my records for the past three years, he denied that I had ever been his patient. I was able to produce an unfilled prescription from Dr. Rao with his signature on it, proving him a liar. Needless to say, I changed pulmonologists immediately.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2013

Knowledgeable. Staff friendly. Honest communication. Gives patients individual time.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2013

Dr. Krishna Rao's Credentials

• Hindi

• Osmania Med Coll, Univ Hlth Sci, Vijayawada, Hyderabad, Ap, India (Grad. 1973)