Ratings for Dr. Phillip V. McAllister

This is by far the rudest person I have ever met in my life!!! He thinks he can talk to people like they are dumb and have no feelings. I have never been so insulted by someone in my life

flag | Submitted August 28, 2017

This doctor wanted me to go to physical therapy, see a neuropsychologist before he you would do a nerve block. I have not heard from the therapist or the are the neuropsychologist to schedule an appointment. It has been 4 weeks. How long am I suppose to wait? They did not contact these people. I would not recommend this doctor. Very unprofessional!

flag | Submitted September 30, 2015

Wonderful surgeon did what he needed to do to fuse L4, L5 & S1 very pleased with the results and he was a pleasure to be around throughout the process.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2014

His knowledge and beside manner are fabulous. His staff was helpful and very timely and efficient with appointment scheduling. Dr. MCAllister left my surgery needs up to me and gave me the facts I needed to make an informed decision. He is a surgeon with a very skilled hand. I would definitely utilize his services again if they were required. As for punctuality, my wait was usually two hours although I have waited longer for less important things in my life.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2011

Best nuerosurgeon anywhere, he could have chose to work anywhere and he chose South East Louisiana(thank you) Bed side manners are umong the best very informative to the patient and the family and on his day off he came to check on me-----RLTW

flag | Submitted June 30, 2010

He is absolutely the finest neurosurgeon I have ever met. He is the reason I can walk today! I have rods, screws & cages fused into my spine in order to be able to walk. His bedside manner is outstanding and his knowledge is off the charts. Very helpful staff to assist in your needs. He takes a lot of time reviewing your problems/symptoms and is exceptional in explaining treatments available. He shoots straight from the hip, definitely does not beat around a bush! He is extraordinary!!

flag | Submitted December 14, 2009

Dr. McAllister told me I needed to have surgery and the sooner the better. I went to have the pre-op tests and everything was ready to go and they called a few days before and wouldn't accept my insurance because it wasn't Blue Cross, it's United Healthcare. I was in an accident and had representation which he knew since they had me fill out 2 different papers that had that information on it and we talked about it at the appointment. He said he didn't accept accidents unless it was Blue Cross. My insurance company was covering it so it's shouldn't have mattered. I didn't even need pre-certification for this particular surgery. It was unfair to tell me this after I had already had all the pre-op tests and paid the $500 deductable. He should have checked the records first.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2009

Did not diagnose condition thoroughly enough to preform correct procedure. Very disappointed at lack of knowlege and poor judgement.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2008

My back problems were the result of an accident. I took the day off of work w/o pay. His office wasn't able to get any answers from my BC/BS, so after 3 hours of waiting, the doctor decided not to see me until he got an answer from the insurance company. He refused to see me despite the fact that I had told his staff that I would pay for the first visit out of my pocket because I didn't want to lose another day of pay. Despite the fact that he would be compensated for the visit, he chose to make me lose 2 days of pay (since I would have to come back AGAIN) instead of one. His actions made me feel like money was more important to him them my care and that his time was more valuable than mine. Consequently, I left his office and never went back again. So, while I am not able to accurately rate his knowledge, I am more than happy to rate his Punctuality and Helpfulness, based on my experience.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2007

Dr. McAllister is one of the nicest surgeons I've met. I had two level fussion on my lower back and he did an awsome job. He is getting ready to install a pain pump in the next few weeks for my neck pain, and I wouldn't think of anyone else touching me but him.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2007

Dr. Phillip V. McAllister's Credentials

• Medical College Of Georgia (Grad. 1988)

• Aetna - Choice Pos Ii