Ratings for Dr. Richard Bendor-Samuel

Saw Dr. at his private practise for a breast reduction consult and was treated very well in his well appointed office on the Halifax waterfront. Very California spa. You speak to the lovely Dr. but he does not discuss $$$$. The cost is discussed with you by his office manager. The cost is considerable. I asked my GP if I was eligible under MSI. Turns out I was eligible for surgery covered by MSI. So I was seen by the Dr. again but now I'm seen at the hospital and I am not so special. After surgery I was given minimal follow-up. One of the stiches broke. I saw Dr. again and he had a resident in tow. I felt like a lab specimen. Some years later I met a woman who had her surgery in Costa Rica. She showed me her breasts. I was too embarrassed to show her mine. One of my breasts looks pretty good. The other looks like a can opener was the surgical tool. ???? student practice? I am absolutely thrilled with smaller breasts. Best thing I have ever done for myself. But I am sorry that I did not get a good cosmetic result.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2016

I had both a rhinoplasty and otoplasty done by Dr. Bendor-Samuel. I'm very happy with the results. He is a very skilled surgeon, not to mention a kind person. I highly recommend him to everyone!!

flag | Submitted July 17, 2016

I had surgery in 2010 and I am still exceptionally happy with the results. Amazing surgeon and staff!! I have returned several times for botox and injections and always have amazing results! Excellent surgeon and staff!!

flag | Submitted June 14, 2016

I had a breast augmentation (implants and mastopexy) with Dr. Bendor-Samuel and cannot say enough about my experience. I am currently 8 weeks post-op and my results and experience are both better than I could have ever imagined. From my consultation right through to my post-op appointments, everything was smooth sailing and incredible; my only regret is that I didn't do it sooner! Choosing to have an elective procedure done is scary. I had never been put under before and have a low tolerance for pain. To say I was nervous is an understatement, but from the moment I walked through the doors at The Landing Surgical Centre I knew I was in good hands. Truth be told, I'm shocked by how easy the whole thing was! Compared to my expectations from what I had researched and read online, it was a total "cake walk". The day of my surgery was incredible and something I will never forget. The care I received from all staff on my operation day was beyond exceptional. It truly takes a talented team of wonderful people to make someone as full of nerves as me feel comfortable. As soon as JoAnne (nurse) greeted me that morning, I knew it was going to be okay. Everyone was so excited for me and made me feel so comfortable, cared for and safe. The highlight of it all however, was the quick-thinking and dedication to my results that Dr. Bendor-Samuel showed during my surgery. Prior to surgery, you select your implant size and they are ordered in. We had agreed on a particular type and size and I signed off on the selection. During my surgery however, while I was out cold, Dr. Bendor-Samuel put in my implants (they were moderate profile) and knew right away that they were not the projection required to give me the result I wanted, based on what we had discussed at length during my consultation (some things you truly just cannot plan for until you "get in there" and actually see what you're dealing with). He made the quick decision to actually phone the hospital and have a high profile set of implants sent down DURING MY SURGERY to ensure that I would be happy. This clearly was something unplanned and unforeseen, but was the perfect judgement call. When I woke up in the recovery room and he told me about the change they had made, I was absolutely blown away. He easily could have just proceeded with what was ordered and I agreed to, but took the initiative to think quickly and outside of the box to ensure I was happy. Not only am I happy, I am THRILLED! Words will never describe how thankful I am that he made that decision on my behalf; to me, that is exactly the kind of surgeon you want to have! I am so happy with my decision to have my operation done by Dr. Bendor-Samuel and his team. It was truly life-changing. There are many decisions to be made when it comes to cosmetic surgery. My advice, ask lots of questions (he will be totally honest with you, which is exactly what you need when making a big decision like this), do not be afraid to ask twice (I went in for a second sizing just to "be sure" and it was not a problem), and trust Dr. Bendor-Samuel's recommendation. He certainly knows his stuff and what's going to work best for your body, lifestyle and desired outcome. This was an absolute first-class experience from tip to tail, and I could not be more pleased with my results.

Submitted May 26, 2016

I just had a Breast Augmentation with Dr Bendor-Samuel and can only say good things of my experience thus far! He's very professional and straight forward which I like, and on the surgery day made me feel at ease. It's only been 3 days and I can tell he's done a fantastic job, and I'm pleased with the size he's recommended me. Staff was always friendly and willing to help with any questions or concerns I had, and the nurses were so comforting and warm. He's the best in Atlantic, don't hesitate to book with him for your BA.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2016

Dr Bendor-Samuel is one amazing surgeon , he makes you feel so comfortable and very knowledgeable . I have been wanting a breast augmentation for some time now & after my consult I felt 100% percent certain on my decision & I'm beyond happy with his amazing skills & also my scars are nearly noticeable now within 6months I highly recommend Dr. Bendor-Samuel , along with his great staff I will be returning if I decide to go with any further surgeries

flag | Submitted April 12, 2016

Tidy vs Tiny This is not my first surgery with Dr. Richard Bendor-Samuel. 2 years ago I celebrated my 50th birthday with an arm lift and upper body work. Now at 52, I have returned to have a TT and inner thigh lift....what a dream !! I am still quite certain I was simply slid into someone else's bod while on the table. Lol!! I have never been tiny.... I have NO desire to be tiny.... I simply wanted to be tidy.... and this is a doctor that truly listens and makes dreams come true. As a 200lb 12 yr old, my skin was stretched way before I had any idea of the consequences..... even with pregnancy; there were no 'new' stretch marks !! Nevertheless, my happy life (true story, happiness is not based on size/shape) has gone to a new level with meeting this amazing surgeon-artist. He is a true artist....does wonderful proportions....listens....creates....brings dreams to fruition. Sir, may you ALWAYS be inspired to enrich lives-one surgery at a time. Sincerely, ep

flag | Submitted March 28, 2016

Dr. Bendor-Samuel was amazing from start to finish. He was extremely knowledgeable and answered all my questions. I had breast augmentation in summer 2013 and I am super happy with the results. He worked a miracle and gave me what I had dreamed of for years. One of the best decisions of my life.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2016

I had a breast augmentation and tummy tuck in February of 2013 after having 3 C-Sections that left me with horrible scaring and stretch marks. I don't even know where to begin to tell you about how fantastic my experience was! I came from another province and Dr. Bendor-Samuel was very accomondating to my travel situation. The staff were absolutely wonderful! I had the surgery done when I was at my highest weight and I have recently lost 50 lbs, I was worried about sagging. I was very pleasantly surprised that my belly looks better than ever! My scars are barely noticeable. My only advice is to listen to all of our instructions about rest. He really changed my life and I am forever grateful! I can finally feel comfortable on a beach!

flag | Submitted February 22, 2016

I had a breast reduction here in the summer of 2014 and the results were absolutely fantastic. Not only are the scars barely noticeable after a year and a half but both breasts are even and natural-looking. My back, neck and shoulder pain is also gone. Dr. Bendor-Samuel explained in the initial consultation exactly what he could do for me and made it happen. He explained everything very clearly and addressed all my concerns and told me I could always call him if I had more questions. The team at the Landings clinic is excellent, the nurses were so supportive and professional that I felt comfortable going in to surgery. The anesthesiologist, Dr. McIntyre, was phenomenal- besides taking the time to reassure me he is good at his job-I went under fast, recovered fast and had no residual nausea from the anesthetic. I also had liposuction over my ribs to even out the tissue, and that was the most painful part, but recovery wasn't all that bad. I did not realize how badly I felt living with hypermastia until I had this surgery. I'm 26 now and I wish I had done it a decade ago. Bottom line is that I'm very impressed with Dr. Bendor-Samuel and the surgical team and totally satisfied with the results of my breast reduction.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2016