Ratings for Dr. Richard Bendor-Samuel

I have had the best experience ever with dr bendor Samuel.he is a great dr..I had a full tummy tuck with muscle repair nov 2/2016.. From the moment I had my consult appt to my follow up apt with him..His staff are so welcoming and friendly. They go above and beyond what they need to.dr Samuel is very personable, but at the same time tells you how it is..which is great..I cannot say enough to about him and his staff..it was just the greatest experience ever..and my results were amazing, I am very pleased with them..I would definitly recommend t him..

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017

Dr. Bendor-Samuel and staff are amazing. Very professional, helpful and attentive. I couldn't be more please with the surgery results and my experience at the Landings. Staff go above and beyond while caring for you. Thank you all for everything :) I highly highly recommend this place!!!

flag | Submitted December 23, 2016

I had a breast augmentation done by Dr. Bendor-Samuel one year ago and had such a wonderful experience! I was VERY nervous about this decision, and the potential risks. I even considered cancelling at the last minute. Dr. Bendor-Samuel and his staff were very knowledgable and considerate of my concerns. They reviewed everything with me numerous times, did several sizing sessions with me, and really helped me to feel as comfortable as possible with my decision. My result is also amazing! They look and feel so natural that most people would never know that they're implants. I'm so happy with my decision to go through with the procedure and to have chosen Dr. Bendor-Samuel! I highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted December 22, 2016

I had breast augmentation surgery in 2011 from Dr. Bendor-Samuel. He was very professional and did a wonderful job. It's been 5 yrs since my surgery and not a day goes by that I don't love my breasts. I'm very pleased with how everything went. My only concern I had was after the operation. Once I woke up it seemed too rushed to get me out the door. If I could do it over again I would still choose this doctor however I'd ask for a bit more post-op care.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2016

Fantastic experience with Dr. Bendor-Samuel! I carefully researched and then had an MSI-approved bi-lateral breast reduction in September 2016. I was very fortunate to have Dr. Bendor-Samuel as my surgeon. The quality of, and my experience with consults and the surgery at the QEII was excellent. I believe we have a very good teaching system here in Nova Scotia. I was equally pleased with the promptness and attentiveness of Dr. B. Samuel during all of my follow up visits. And after years of pain and struggle, I'm 'over the moon' happy with my new breasts - it's wonderful! Cosmetically (even as the still very-new scars continue to heal) they look fantastic! For any woman considering this surgery, make sure to "do your homework", talk with a/your GP, be prepared to wait awhile for the consult (an issue for all specialists in NS,) ask questions (including about care and insurance options,) and be an active participant in your care. It's not an overstatement to say this has changed my life - I'm glad it was my GP Dr. Jason Reynolds, my surgeon Dr. Bendor-Samuel, the great folks at the QE II, and the Home Health Care staff at Lawton's on Cobequid Rd. in Sackville who ferried me along! I highly recommend Dr. Richard Bendor-Samuel!

flag | Submitted October 28, 2016

Saw Dr. at his private practise for a breast reduction consult and was treated very well in his well appointed office on the Halifax waterfront. Very California spa. You speak to the lovely Dr. but he does not discuss $$$$. The cost is discussed with you by his office manager. The cost is considerable. I asked my GP if I was eligible under MSI. Turns out I was eligible for surgery covered by MSI. So I was seen by the Dr. again but now I'm seen at the hospital and I am not so special. After surgery I was given minimal follow-up. One of the stiches broke. I saw Dr. again and he had a resident in tow. I felt like a lab specimen. Some years later I met a woman who had her surgery in Costa Rica. She showed me her breasts. I was too embarrassed to show her mine. One of my breasts looks pretty good. The other looks like a can opener was the surgical tool. ???? student practice? I am absolutely thrilled with smaller breasts. Best thing I have ever done for myself. But I am sorry that I did not get a good cosmetic result.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2016

I had both a rhinoplasty and otoplasty done by Dr. Bendor-Samuel. I'm very happy with the results. He is a very skilled surgeon, not to mention a kind person. I highly recommend him to everyone!!

flag | Submitted July 17, 2016

I had surgery in 2010 and I am still exceptionally happy with the results. Amazing surgeon and staff!! I have returned several times for botox and injections and always have amazing results! Excellent surgeon and staff!!

flag | Submitted June 14, 2016

I had a breast augmentation (implants and mastopexy) with Dr. Bendor-Samuel and cannot say enough about my experience. I am currently 8 weeks post-op and my results and experience are both better than I could have ever imagined. From my consultation right through to my post-op appointments, everything was smooth sailing and incredible; my only regret is that I didn't do it sooner! Choosing to have an elective procedure done is scary. I had never been put under before and have a low tolerance for pain. To say I was nervous is an understatement, but from the moment I walked through the doors at The Landing Surgical Centre I knew I was in good hands. Truth be told, I'm shocked by how easy the whole thing was! Compared to my expectations from what I had researched and read online, it was a total "cake walk". The day of my surgery was incredible and something I will never forget. The care I received from all staff on my operation day was beyond exceptional. It truly takes a talented team of wonderful people to make someone as full of nerves as me feel comfortable. As soon as JoAnne (nurse) greeted me that morning, I knew it was going to be okay. Everyone was so excited for me and made me feel so comfortable, cared for and safe. The highlight of it all however, was the quick-thinking and dedication to my results that Dr. Bendor-Samuel showed during my surgery. Prior to surgery, you select your implant size and they are ordered in. We had agreed on a particular type and size and I signed off on the selection. During my surgery however, while I was out cold, Dr. Bendor-Samuel put in my implants (they were moderate profile) and knew right away that they were not the projection required to give me the result I wanted, based on what we had discussed at length during my consultation (some things you truly just cannot plan for until you "get in there" and actually see what you're dealing with). He made the quick decision to actually phone the hospital and have a high profile set of implants sent down DURING MY SURGERY to ensure that I would be happy. This clearly was something unplanned and unforeseen, but was the perfect judgement call. When I woke up in the recovery room and he told me about the change they had made, I was absolutely blown away. He easily could have just proceeded with what was ordered and I agreed to, but took the initiative to think quickly and outside of the box to ensure I was happy. Not only am I happy, I am THRILLED! Words will never describe how thankful I am that he made that decision on my behalf; to me, that is exactly the kind of surgeon you want to have! I am so happy with my decision to have my operation done by Dr. Bendor-Samuel and his team. It was truly life-changing. There are many decisions to be made when it comes to cosmetic surgery. My advice, ask lots of questions (he will be totally honest with you, which is exactly what you need when making a big decision like this), do not be afraid to ask twice (I went in for a second sizing just to "be sure" and it was not a problem), and trust Dr. Bendor-Samuel's recommendation. He certainly knows his stuff and what's going to work best for your body, lifestyle and desired outcome. This was an absolute first-class experience from tip to tail, and I could not be more pleased with my results.

Submitted May 26, 2016

I just had a Breast Augmentation with Dr Bendor-Samuel and can only say good things of my experience thus far! He's very professional and straight forward which I like, and on the surgery day made me feel at ease. It's only been 3 days and I can tell he's done a fantastic job, and I'm pleased with the size he's recommended me. Staff was always friendly and willing to help with any questions or concerns I had, and the nurses were so comforting and warm. He's the best in Atlantic, don't hesitate to book with him for your BA.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2016