Ratings for Dr. Harry Birman

Always a long wait--1-1 1/2 hours min. Doc very rushed, not happy to see me, impatient and tactless, no effort made at friendly convsersation--very rushed--in and out--express line at grocery store

flag | Submitted August 10, 2017

Dr. Birman has been my doctor for over 20 years. He always makes time to talk to me. He seems truly interested me as a person and not just a patient.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2017

If your an elderly person, don't bother. Laughs to your face and says "what do you expect, you're 90 years old". Wasn't interested in helping.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2017

Always incredibly late. Appointment every 3 months even though everything is stable. Gouging the system.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2017

1.5 hour wait. Very forgetful doctor. Prescribed wrong medicine by accident, had to go back after the pharmacist questioned it. Second time wait over an hour. He wrote the correct prescription and appointment was over in 5 min. Very rushed, was showing us to the door while I was trying to ask a question.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2017

Dr. Birman is a consummate professional, a delightful individual with a visible care for the welfare of his patients

flag | Submitted February 2, 2017

Dr. Birman seems very rushed and it's not easy to ask him questions.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2017

This was my first visit to Dr. Birman and it was a good one. My appointment was in the afternoon and there was a 2 hour wait, but I looked at that as a positive thing. Dr. Birman was being thorough with those ahead of me, which is what I would expect for myself from a specialist. He seems curt, but he's a busy doctor and I think he's just trying to get the facts to make a diagnosis. He confirmed what I had suspected, my GP made the wrong diagnosis.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2016

dr. birman has been treating my sleep apnea for 15 years. He is fantastic, got it right under control and now i only see him 1 or 2 times a year to check my pressure of cp machine. He is a lovely man and very caring. I only wish my GP was like him.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2016

Wait time both appointments was over 2 hours. Wastes OHIP money by sending every new patient for EKG, PFT, and chest X-ray before even looking at their reason for referral (in our case, these tests were not needed). Also sent us for a nasal CT, another waste of time. Office staff said "he is very thorough" but there is such a thing as too thorough. Asks very direct questions and does not allow deviation from his line of questioning so he misses important details. A number of minutes into our consult he said "I still don't understand why you are here." Maybe he was asking the wrong questions! I asked, did you read the referral letter? He said no, he never does! Between his questions I tried to add some information I thought was important and he said "I don't have time." We waited 2.5 hours to see him and he doesn't have time? I don't doubt he is knowledgeable but I would dissuade anybody from using his services.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2016