Ratings for Dr. Ashesh D. Patel

Misdiagnosed me, closed on a snow day without calling, largely unreachable, physical performed by a 2nd year student, not thorough, horrible demeanor.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2014

Dr. Patel took over my doctor's practice. I also saw him when he was partnered with my doctor of 20+ years. Dr. Patel does not return emergency calls, EVER! Today was the fifth and final try to get palliative treatment with an antibiotic that I have used every winter when becoming ill with bronchitis. He does not do tests that he asks patient to come in for. After a few years of putting up with him, I have finally changed doctors. The new doctor is in the same geographical area. Finding a good doctor is hard as they usually & not taking new patients. Dr. Patel is not, so he is protected from this rating. That is why I have gritted my teeth & stayed with Dr. Fenton's replacement. Visit him at your own risk. It shouldn't be so hard to get a prescription when you are chronically ill and facing bronchitis with possible pneumonia. I tried all day, CVS tried all day. His staff told me that the fax from CVS was on his desk but they could not force him to sign. SHAME!

flag | Submitted January 12, 2010

1)When I did my full test last year, I was told I have Herpes I and II. I had my partner tested immediatelly, and he tested negative. I lived an entire year knowing that I have something I have to live with the entire life and tell all my partners about it. Come next year, I do my tests again, and they come NEGATIVE~!!!No herpes. Explanation from Patel- lab ERROR. But they did indicate that I might have a kidney infection, OR it might be a lab error again. What a MESS of an office and doctor!!! 2) I was charged around $200 for my annual physical, after I was told it is for free. The second time I taked to them first, made sure it was free, did it, and got the same bill- $200!!!! WTF???? I had to call and yell at them until they corrected the mistake. 3) Last time I went the doctor didn't even consult me, it was his intern. I was actually given more attention from him then I ever got from the doctor.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2009

Prior to Dr. Patel taking over the practice I never had to wait for test results with Dr. Fenton. Recently I went for my annual checkup, his intern did the Q&A, someone else did the blood work, but the doctor never came into the exam room for any further discussion. Its now 2 weeks later and no contact has been made regarding the blood work results and this is after I called requesting the test results. I am moving on...

flag | Submitted November 28, 2009

This rating is based on my experience with Dr. Patel from over a year ago.. I have since switched doctors. Dr. Patel is a nice enough person who probably should not be a doctor. He got me freaked out about a test result once that turned out to be nothing, and after doing some research I realized that he had absolutely no reason to get me scared- there was only a small chance that anything would have been wrong with me. On another occasion he tried to tell me that I had high cholesterol and that he would need to monitor it and I might need to be put on medication. My cholesterol is fine- my HDL is very high, which is GOOD and he didn't seem to understand this. I sent my results from blood tests to a friend who is a cardiac specialist in NYC and told me to get another doctor, so I did. I am a very healthy, athletic young woman, and Dr. Patel was trying to make me feel like I was dying!

flag | Submitted November 18, 2008

Worst doctor's office experience I've ever had. This man should be reported to the medical board and his office staff..."unbelievably rude" doesn't even descrive how awful they are. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME on this terrible doctor and his horrible staff.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2008

I couldn't hear him - literally. He spoke so low that I strained to hear what he was saying. I switched doctors.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2008

I used to see Dr. Fenton and have seen Dr. Patel since Fenton retired. Dr. Patel seems nice enough, but he is clearly in need of a partner or some more PA's who can see patients. He is in and out of your appointment, long wait times in the office and it is impossible to see him for a sick/emergency appt. Most of the front office staff are awful - sometimes you get lucky and get someone with some actual social skills. A plus of this office is that they have lab and xray facilities on site! This practice needs to find a balance between quantity of patients and the quality of care. They also need to work on their customer service - patients should not dread calling their doctor because of the rudeness of the office staff.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2008

i like dr patel,and before his partner retired, thinks were dfferent. but i went in a couple of weeks ago, and waited a whole week for results he promised me in a shorter period of time. he blamed the lab, but after readng these reviews, i think it is a trend. maybe he needs another assistant or partner--but he still has not returned my follow up call. i doubt i will be back. too bad, he is a nice guy.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2008

Dr. Patel always takes time to listen. When possible, I only use wholistic remedies and he works with me on this. He doesn't prescribe such things, but doesn't dismiss my preference for natural aids first. The only bad thing is the receptionist. She is very rude, curt, loud, etc. She has no business working with the public. But, I still recommend the doctor. His bedside manner makes up for the rude front staff person. Also, the PA is great.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2007

Dr. Ashesh D. Patel's Credentials

• Hindi

• University Of Cincinnati College Of Medicine (Grad. 1996)

AARP